(Topic ID: 91680)

Weird Mata Hari switch problem...Need Help!

By DnDPins

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I recently bought a Mata Hari with an Alltek board. I have been going over it to make sure everything works and here is what I am experiencing.
1) All switches register and score as expected except when any right drop target is down
2) Using the left outlane switch, when the top right drop target is down everything appears to be fine
3) Using the left outlane switch, when the second from top right drop target is down, the right sling fires
4) Using the left outlane switch, when the third from top right drop target is down, the left sling fires
5) Using the left outlane switch, when the bottom right drop target is down, all pop bumpers fire

Since I am leaving each drop target down, items 3 -5 are happening simultaneously. I have reviewed the schematics and it appears that somehow the ST4 column is shorted by the right drop targets. I am at a loss as to how to fix this issue.

Help...please!

Thanks,
Dave

#3 9 years ago

Sounds like diode isolation issue.

Visually inspect all your switch diodes on the drop bank and any in common to offending rows/columns. See if any fell off. You can also use a diode and jumper clips to close switches at the MPU. Doing that you can isolate to the PF or to the MPU.

#4 9 years ago

Also check if any of those brown/yellow disc caps (or even electrolytic caps sometimes) are mounted to the pop bumper switches or other switches in the game. Cutting them or de-soldering them can help determine if one or multiples of them are bad. They cause strange issues like the ones you are describing. As barakandl suggests, a bad diode can could also cause these problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
$ 45.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-mata-hari-switch-problemneed-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.