(Topic ID: 271645)

Weird issues Six Million Dollar Man

By LocoMecanico

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider locomecanico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Ok so pin was working great but has sat for a couple weeks turned off. Turned it on the other day to play. Shot the ball in to the top hole and kicker doesn’t work. Pulled glass and drained ball. Outhole kicker doesn’t work either. When you hit the flippers they score points.

Ran solenoid test all fire except flippers, outhole kicker and top hole kicker. Ran switch test 0 is flashing on display. When outhole switch is depressed top left bumper solenoid activates.

Strange occurrences going on with this one

#6 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay on responding. I work 18 hour days thru the week. I’m off now so this is where I am at.

Fixed the scoring issue with the flipper. I had the playfield straight up and when I hit one of the flippers it would make a switch behind the left slingshot close. So I adjusted it to about an 1/8”. That issue is fixed.

Ran the solenoid test. The outhole solenoid isn’t firing which is number 02. No voltage going to it when activated. The switch for the outhole also fires the top left thumper bumper.

The Post Down solenoid which is number 11 doesn’t pull the post down. Checked voltage none going to it. Instead of firing Post Down it fires the top left thumper bumper.

The Saucer or 04 solenoid doesn’t fire instead the drop target fires and the fires again when it is the drop targets time which is number 10 in test mode.

On the A2 Transformer board I found a broken plastic connector on J3. The yellow wire at J3-9 was arching. Also found a terminal arching J3-12. I replaced the connector and all terminals. So far that is all that I have found.

To rule out SDB I pulled the one out of my Silverball Mania that works fine. Didn’t make a difference.

#8 3 years ago

Ok got the problem figured out. This one was my fault. I forgot that I had swapped MPUs with my Silverball Mania a couple weeks ago in an ongoing problem with Silverball. I set everything the same on the MPUs for the swap. For some reason my Silverball MPU will not work in my Six Million pin. They are both new Alltech MPUs. Anyways I swapped them back out reset both of them and now all is working fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 69.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider locomecanico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-issues-six-million-dollar-man?tu=locomecanico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.