• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20211006_232452447 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am trying to sort through the issues on my pinball machines and am currently trying to work through a weird issue with my Gottlieb System 3 Gladiator. When it's first booted it will give a warning! Communications adapter missing error which is strange since from my research the communications adapter is mainly meant for bookkeeping records and is not required for normal operation of the machine. After the initial boot I can see a weird replay score of 80,??0,000 which also seems incorrect. I would try to restore factory defaults on the machine to try and resolve this however when I hit the test button (which works) the flippers do not function at all and therefore I can't navigate the menu or select any options. Also the tournament mode switch toggle on the same board also doesn't work which makes me think possibly a switch is stuck somewhere on the machine.

There was a ball stuck in the back right Vertical up kicker near the pop bumpers which the machine did eject itself and for a brief time afterwards the machine was operating normally so I'm thinking possibly the switch is stuck in some way which I will investigate tomorrow after work. If anyone has any further suggestions I would greatly appreciate it since I am still pretty new to repairs.

I am attaching a few videos and a screenshot of the general area of the vertical up kicker I plan to look at tomorrow. Sorry for the quality of the videos but I was shooting them one handed.

Videos:

Thanks again,
Scott

PXL_20211006_232452447 (resized).jpgPXL_20211006_232452447 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

One other thing I forgot to mention is that unfortunately I can't get a game to start because the machine won't go into free play/tournament mode and manually adding coins also isn't working right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-issue-with-my-gladiator-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.