• Latest reply 2 years ago by mystman12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2950 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi All - first, I was having the "Check Fuses F114 and F115" error. After some testing and advice, I took the power board to Chris Hibler, who found the issue, repaired the board, and also replaced some other capacitors, and fully tested it. I just put it back in and am having one of two different issues.

The first is I get a "slam tilt stuck closed". If that happens I cannot start a game. I did inspect the slam tilt switch and it is not closed physically.

Sometimes, I can start a game, but then the ball does not eject into the shooter lane, and then every time I hit the trigger button on the launch reel, it just adds 100,000 points. Again, no ball ever goes into play.

Any clue on where I should start with troubleshooting? I did verifying all the connections being correct with Chris via photos.

Thank you all!

#2 2 years ago

Two slam tilts. One on coin door one on floor of the cabinet near the cash box area. I'd start with them.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Hi there, so I checked both slam tilts, nothing obivous so I Wiggled some stuff, and got past the slam tilt switch closed, but now I can start a game and get this weird issue:

Thank you Lloyd and anyone else who can help!

#4 2 years ago

Can you post a picture of the CPU board from the batteries all the way down to the connectors so we can check for corrosion or something else?

Also a picture of the switch edge test to see which switches the machine sees closed. You definitely have a switch matrix issue.

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

Thank you in advance! Here is a photo of the CPU board. Also, here is a link to the switch edge matrix and I did a video so you can also see the blinking red light on the CPU board in case that is relevant.

IMG_2950 (resized).jpgIMG_2950 (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago

Does the trigger operate properly in test? If yes, pound on the playfield with a fist while in switch test to see if any switches activate. Also, run the reel test to make sure those optos are working properly. Video shows both switches closed and I can't recall if that's correct in attract mode. If those optos are having issues, game ain't going to play right.

#7 2 years ago

You know, keeping in mind I am a total rookie, I just did something that might point to the issue.

I grabbed an extra pinball, and with the machine on, I moved it around the playfield. The slings are not activating, the pops are not activating, etc... When the ball hits the sling or pop it is registering a sound, but not a solenoid. I also placed the ball in the shooter lane and hit the cast button, and it did not shoot.

It seems like everything that requires a solenoid is not working.

#9 2 years ago

Do solenoids fire in the coil test? It sounds like the switch matrix is messed up and so, if bumpers/slings are registering as different switches, it won't fire them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-issue-with-fish-tales-appreciate-any-help?hl=roamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.