3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 3 years ago

I am having some issues with the sarcophagus lock on my Iron Maiden Premium. I have had the machine since new and have not had any issues with it up until now. Recently, the sarcophagus lock will randomly start going up and down at a very rapid rate. Way faster than I have ever seen it move before. This only seems to happen while in a game. I have yet to see it happen during attract mode. When it does start happening, it will stop when a new mode or some kind of even activation happens. Or the ball drains. Then it will seem to be ok for a while, until it happens. again. Sometimes it will be fine for half a dozen games and then will start again. Shaking the machine doesn't seem to help or make it stop, only starting mode or some other event happening in the game.

I have tried going into the menus when this is currently happening and I don't see anything weird in the switch menu. I can not however activate the sarcophagus motor test when it is like this. It just doesn't do anything.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. The switches all seem fine, but I don't know if they could cause this or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a link to a short video showing the problem.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0EfeYOF9H1wDhnGAt4aP8pdQg

Thanks

3 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

I just started having the same problem on my le. Were you able to figure it out?

Thanks

11 months later
#3 2 years ago

Did anyone else run into/solve this problem? I'm having the same issue - Sarcophagus randomly moves up and down rapidly, and if I go into the test menu and try to move it up and down through the switches, nothing happens. It used to test just fine, now it acts dead on the test screen only.

2 weeks later
#4 2 years ago

reseating all of the rj45 connectors in the backbox and on the node boards 'seems' to have solved it for now for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-iron-maiden-premium-sarcophagus-lock-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.