Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by teddyb73
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Pin seems to play fine during game play. But when game play ends and after the match feature is done the display flashes EFFECT DB for 20 sec. and then Game Over. Has anyone seen this before on Sega pins? I updated the CPU Roms and display coms twice. Below is a video of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ted

#2 9 years ago

Anyone??

#3 9 years ago

What revisions of software and display are you running? Updating to the latest (if you haven't done so already) may help the cause.

#4 9 years ago

Did all that twice. Did not help.

#5 9 years ago

I have a Goldeneye, and all I can think of is you have a faulty ROM. Where did you get them? If you got them from Jon Wart they should be perfect. Don't know about others who offer them.

I'm not an expert on any of this, so let's wait for someone with more knowledge to weigh in.
Mike in Kentucky

#6 9 years ago

The above sounds correct, then, if you're up-to-date with everything...a faulty ROM would be my guess.

Skewed theory: you haven't been acting like a douchebag around your Goldeneye, have you? It's got a sensor for that, apparently.

#7 9 years ago

I burned them myself twice did not help then I did purchase the from John Wart and the problem did not go away.

#8 9 years ago

Could it be a board issue?

#9 9 years ago

But is it a different chip? Did you actually change chips, or just reburn onto the same, possibly faulty, chips?

#10 9 years ago

Yes. They are all new chips.

#11 9 years ago

Check your ball buy in settings. I remember seeing that when I set pin up for buy in of extra ball

#12 9 years ago

Thanks CMechanical! You where right. Turn the buy in feature off and it went away.

Thanks again!
Ted

#13 9 years ago

Wow! I've had my Goldeneye for YEARS and I learned something new today! CMechanical, that was downright awesome that you remembered that! Nice going. Glad to see this resolved for him.
Mike

#14 9 years ago

Yep, it's always nice when it's something easy that you just weren't aware of before. *Very* glad it wasn't the board itself.

#15 9 years ago

Me to. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-goldeneye-display-problem-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.