(Topic ID: 92013)

Weird Firepower switch issue...please help!

By DnDPins

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cp1610
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DnDPins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have a weird (to me at least) firepower scoring or switch problem which I think is under the playfield. I need some basic troubleshooting help such as what is the difference between a row problem and a column problem. I put a new rottendog MPU 327 and played for a while and all was fine. I then started having a switch column problem which I spoke to Jim at rottendog about and just got a replacement board which is installed. Because of that I think the problem is under the playfield. here are the details:
1) The #6 arrow blinks but when it is hit, you get a sound,but it does not score and the light still blinks
2) All other switches on the same column behave the same way

Here is what I did:
I checked all diodes (in circuit) in the column and each tested within the proper voltages on the band side and null on the other side except the spinner. The spinner tested fine on the band side but was not null on the otherside. I cut one side and tested out of circuit and it then tested null. I went ahead and replaced the diode but still have the same problem.

Am I missing something basic? Remember that I think it must be under the playfield since I have the same problem with two boards.

Thanks,
Dave

#4 9 years ago

Let me clarify the spinner issue. It does test as expected once out of circuit; .5xxx on the band side and null on other. And after replacing with a new diode, same results so the spinner is acting exactly as the others. Sorry if my prior post was confusing. What I meant by same results was that the row problem still exists.

New Information:
I performed a switch test and none of the switches in that row registered. Does this ensure the problem is under the playfield? How do I troubleshoot it?

Thanks,
Dave

#6 9 years ago

Yeah...I hear you CNKay...that is why I replaced the diode. Now the new one acts the same as the others while in circuit. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DnDPins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-firepower-switch-issueplease-help?tu=DnDPins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.