Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metresponse.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Posted today. Odd. Might be a while before we see video according to this.

metresponse.jpgmetresponse.jpg

#2 10 years ago

That would mesh with the news that the Pro is being pushed back to late May. Bummer.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That would mesh with the news that the Pro is being pushed back to late May. Bummer.

Wait, what? Since when? What about the LE's?

#4 10 years ago

Hearing June for the LEs.

That's fine...let'em work out the kinks with the pros

Quoted from flashburn:

Wait, what? Since when? What about the LE's?

#5 10 years ago

So...they're waiting for the game to be "fine tuned" before they release any video? They say that like the game can't be played until production games are made.

I would bet they are most likely trying to put together something very professional looking, like the teaser video. Deciding what they want to show, how they want to show it, editing, approval, etc.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Hearing June for the LEs.
That's fine...let'em work out the kinks with the pros

This blows being that my distributor took the FULL AMOUNT of my cash, and now they can't ship for 2 months?

What other industry takes $7500 of your money and makes you wait months before your actual product ships? (I know someones going to be a smart ass and tell me, but you know what I mean!)

#7 10 years ago

Eh, we're not talking WOZ-esque delays. If it takes another month to ship it right, so be it. I'd rather that happen than see it rushed out the door like Avengers.

#8 10 years ago

better be worth the wait

so it's money well spent

then the wait won't matter

#9 10 years ago

I'm sure Stern could crank out some video if they really wanted - but why? Demand for this pin has exceeded expectations. Why do anything that could potentially put a damper on that? Sure they may still be tweaking a few things - but I'm guessing the video delay is more 'strategic' than functional. ...unless there's some serious game play issues.

Also, like Sparky said - they'd be foolish to release some crappy half-assed video that could potentially damper the existing excitement and damand.

#10 10 years ago

So crossing off one of my must do's at Allentown this weekend:

Play Metallica PRO.

Bummer ....

#11 10 years ago

Such a mean thing to do after getting us all hyped up with the "play testing" images. I figured those were essentially ready to be boxed up and go out the door.

Oh well...whatever it takes to get this game where it needs to be. Stern certainly isn't gaining anything by waiting. I'm sure they'd rather have their money now vs. later.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Such a mean thing to do after getting us all hyped up with the "play testing" images. I figured those were essentially ready to be boxed up and go out the door.
Oh well...whatever it takes to get this game where it needs to be. Stern certainly isn't gaining anything by waiting. I'm sure they'd rather have their money now vs. later.

Those were all pros. They may be waiting for an LE to show.

#13 10 years ago

they made promo pictures right ?

then why cant they just film a sample machine

unless those are just dummy machines that dont actually function

not worried about a wait to be honest yes i had a mental date

but its life

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Those were all pros. They may be waiting for an LE to show.

This wouldn't mean too much, except it was GEX that said it! He's always got the inside scoop.

#15 10 years ago

Let them work things out, if they posted a half ass video people would bitch about that, if the codes not finalized -well more bitching... let them make this as good as possible!!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

This blows being that my distributor took the FULL AMOUNT of my cash, and now they can't ship for 2 months?
What other industry takes $7500 of your money and makes you wait months before your actual product ships? (I know someones going to be a smart ass and tell me, but you know what I mean!)

I think you have the only distributor then that required full payment. Most/all the rest just require a refundable deposit.

#17 10 years ago

so at this point in time they don't even have ONE working pin?......WOW

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I think you have the only distributor then that required full payment. Most/all the rest just require a refundable deposit.

In my case it was 2k down, but the second shit hit the fan with pre-orders getting pulled I made sure to pay up in full.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

So...they're waiting for the game to be "fine tuned" before they release any video? They say that like the game can't be played until production games are made.

If I had to guess, I would guess that one or more of the custom toys haven't arrived yet. This game has a lot of custom toys. It's okay to take still pics of proto parts not in use, but not video. The video has to match what ships.

Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

http://www.teslamotors.com/

#20 10 years ago

Exactly the same here. 2k down...on the Monday before the trailer release. After the shit storm I sent in full payment

Quoted from fattrain:

In my case it was 2k down, but the second shit hit the fan with pre-orders getting pulled I made sure to pay up in full.

#21 10 years ago

If I had to guess, I would think there is a play issue with the game. Ball stuck, or something not staying together. They are probably adjusting and play testing to see if they can replicate the problem and resolve it. They don't usually have such a long delay between releasing the title and getting a video out.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

If I had to guess, I would think there is a play issue with the game. Ball stuck, or something not staying together. They are probably adjusting and play testing to see if they can replicate the problem and resolve it. They don't usually have such a long delay between releasing the title and getting a video out.

Maybe they're learning that people will crucify them if there's something misleading in the video....say something that doesn't make it into final production games...

Also, people complained HARD about the lack of polish on Avengers playfields (rightfully so) so perhaps they are trying to dial this one in better.

All they did was announce a "coming soon"......I welcome any testing / tweaking /polish / rules development BEFORE shipping. Better for everyone.

#23 10 years ago

By no means am I complaining. Just eager to see the video. I like that they are doing their due diligence and getting it right.

#24 10 years ago

well i got my FB message answered lol

interesting that in another thread borg sent a msg stating pros left (possibly Europe) and they had 9 games being played tested at Stern (cardboard and bubble photo)

just keen for a video - maybe they will surprise us at the end of the week

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it takes another month to ship it right, so be it. I'd rather that happen than see it rushed out the door like Avengers.

Bingo. Best pinball news I've heard this week. I've waited my whole life for my teenage & grown-up obsessions to collide; I can wait another month or two for quality.

#26 10 years ago

Interesting situation for Stern. They're making a pin themed around people who actually like pins.

I would assume if they did what they did with X-Men..they would probably get a hell of an ear full from Metallica themselves.

They better spend a couple more weeks and make this one right. Can you imagine if the people that bought LEs through the fan club started bitching about... (Insert item here..Aux board...Hulk ball jams..ACDC cannon...etc)

Quoted from Rarehero:

Eh, we're not talking WOZ-esque delays. If it takes another month to ship it right, so be it. I'd rather that happen than see it rushed out the door like Avengers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-fb-message-from-stern-about-metallica-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.