• Latest reply 7 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170423_183636 (resized).jpg
Pages from Dolly Manual Complete (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenacarina.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Still picking away at Harlem Globetrotters. Alltek MPU, re-pinned all the connectors, and have been chasing down lamp driver and bulb socket problems (it's a Bally after all). Had everything almost ironed out, playing some test games and everything is working just as it should...no problem, right??
Suddenly I notice a bunch of my controlled lamps are out during attract mode....and the weirdest part, my score display data is duplicating on the Player 2 display.
My first thought is an MPU problem, so I try another Alltek MPU....same problem. Tried another lamp driver board...same problem.
I am clueless as to what would cause this kind of a glitch. Ideas anyone???

Thanks
Chris

#5 7 years ago

Great info guys! I tried unplugging all but the offending player 2 display...still showing credits/balls
Looked at the backbox wiring near the hinge and it was wrapped with electrical tape..got rid of that because I *hate* electrical tape...found nothing suspicious underneath. Checked my coin switches, everything seems fine.
Somewhere in all this bustling around my problem has corrected itself...which is somewhat irritating.
Really can't thank you guys enough for sharing your knowledge! I know I will get this solved eventually.

Chris

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

That is factory wrapped with electrical tape for a reason
What did the electrical tape do to you?
The problem didn't really correct itself. You disturbed the wiring, this is a good indication that the left side MPU connectors probably need repinning​.

Electrical tape doesn't last and leaves a gooey mess in it's wake. This was the only section of wiring harness that had electrical tape...and I suppose it may have been from the factory, but I don't see any purpose for it.
All my pins have been replaced on this game. I'm a bit of a fanatic about re-pinning these machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenacarina.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-bally-problem?tu=greenacarina and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.