• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4EB9E19A-728F-48D3-9A67-D11332B3E0C3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I was working on and troubleshooting this project Gottlieb Target Alpha last night. While addressing all of the playfield switches to make sure they were registering and scoring correctly, I decided to pull the neutral wire off of the chime unit to stop it from ringing. This is something I do all of the time on my Williams games with no issues. In the case of Williams games, I just pull the chime jones plug all together.
Not putting 2+2 together quick enough, I soon found myself bewildered that none of the playfield switches were scoring anymore. I soon discovered after I reconnected the neutral wire back on the chime unit, all of the switches were back to normal.
So the question is for someone out there, why on earth is the neutral wire on the chime box associated with all of the switches on the playfield?

#3 1 year ago

Yes, the black wire I disconnected is this one. Since it hopped to the other two coils, I assumed it was the neutral.

4EB9E19A-728F-48D3-9A67-D11332B3E0C3 (resized).jpeg4EB9E19A-728F-48D3-9A67-D11332B3E0C3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-amp-quirky-thing-i-discovered-about-gottliebs?tu=Mikala and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.