8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 8 years ago

Anybody else rocking one of these? Saving any money vs. a standard controller? MY 20 year old Rainbird controller is acting flaky and these finally hit my price point of less than $100. Gonna try to get it installed this weekend.

#2 8 years ago

Nobody huh? These things always take me longer than the instructions say it should. Got the electrical box converted to a waterproof GFCI outlet. The new controller doesn't match up very well with the outline of the old, so patched all holes and going to paint over tomorrow. Found out why my rain sensor never worked. It wasn't wired in. Ha! I did at least get the new controller connected to my wifi.

#3 8 years ago

looks like a cool system. But mine is still working fine. I have a hard time replacing it when there are other things that need attention. I think it would take a long time to save enough water to pay for itself in the dry climate here.

#4 8 years ago

If your controller is working fine and your water bill is reasonable, yeah, I probably wouldn't bother. My controller was 20 years old and had been flaking out the last year or so plus my irrigation is city water. Heavy watering months are not cheap for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weekend-project-wi-fi-irrigation-controller and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.