Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BrianBannon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball_Stern.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I do not remember a warning from Stern saying you must fix yourself. Your comment is lame about him whining. He bought a new machine with a warranty Einstein, let the people who sold it fix it or better yet, you you the name caller, how about some advice bloke and what a new pin owner can do to fix it? This is silly, so i f i buy a new car, i must fix it myself? And to discuss it is whining? Maybe Kamloops not in the USA. insert proud waving flag.

Methinks you were not aware of the other multiple threads that he has started and what help he has or has not received, so maybe jumping down tomdotcom's throat and slagging his country was a bit premature?

And FYI, Stern warranties nothing other than the boards, and that for only three months. Any help Stern gives, or parts they provide outside of this is completely voluntary. I have received fantastic support from them on issues outside of just boards, and have found them nothing but helpful.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Stern have no warranty? What about if it's unplayable on arrival? I get that the nature of pinball is parts break but surely they have to deliver at least a playable product (and I'm not griping a bout minor adjustments or anything like that).

No, Stern has a warranty.

And FYI, Stern warranties nothing other than the boards, and that for only three months.

But they will support their product outside of that warranty, even though technically they are not obligated to:

Any help Stern gives, or parts they provide outside of this is completely voluntary. I have received fantastic support from them on issues outside of just boards, and have found them nothing but helpful.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

The negativity directed at the OP here is absolutely appalling. He bought a game brand new that was f***ed out of the box. He has every right to complain, and to keep complaining until it's fixed.

It wasn't f***ed out of the box. He mentioned in another thread he had several plays on it.

Quoted from Collin:

If I was in his situation, I'd be on the phone with Stern once every couple days 'til they had a tech out to fix the game, or swapped it out for one that works.

So many problems with this:
1) Stern isn't obligated to fix every switch that gets broken or needs tweaking. Not according to the warranty anyway.

2) If all the OP was doing was contacting Stern every day, then at least we wouldn't have to see multiple threads complaining about it, and him ignoring support people are trying to give.

3) From my (limited) understanding, having to tweak things or even fix things for pins, even fresh out of the box, is absolutely nothing new to pinball. Reasons are common sense (hand assembled, stuff moves in shipping, etc). Anyone who was buying NIB back in the Williams can correct me if I'm wrong.

However what *is* new is people knowing absolutely nothing (nor willing to learn anything) about fixing/adjusting pinball, buying NIB machines where previously ops, who had tech people or were techy themselves, just fixed the issues without all the forum drama. Hilarity ensues...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 224.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside