Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

You use a 27512 chip, move the jumper over on the weebly, and put the images in these places on the 512:

U1=1000-17FF
U5=1800-1FFF
U2=5000-57FF
U6=5800-5FFF
U6=F800-FFFF (2 copies, technically you only need the top 8 bytes at FFF8-FFFF)

The rest of the 512 doesn't matter. Note that they are not put in the 512 image "in order" - it's u1-u5-u2-u6 order

Oh and what custom variants are they?

#4 3 years ago

Both those mods were made by me.

There is another stargazer one (available on IPDB, oliver kaegi) that disables the spot the constellation and kneecaps the bonus multiplier when it's over 4x, sets it back to 1x on the next ball.

The other stargazer is the "Raymond Davidson" suggest mods (from slam tilt podcast) where he suggested shoot left or right drop banks to light corresponding spinner, complete center bank to light star rollovers for ONE award. The bonus multiplier steps back 1/2 each ball (rounding up, 5x would become 3x the next ball) to try and sit on the bonus multiplier.

Sorry I only have enough eproms for my own use, you can get a cheap rom burner for about $35 (minipro) and eeprom versions of the 512 (about $1 ea.). Andrew barakandl might be able to burn you roms, some of the variants are on his combo rom already. The stargazer one he def. has and I think it's already on there. I don't use the combo rom itself much for my own use since I'm always swapping roms and versions in and out of my games for testing.

#6 3 years ago

Yes I think the star gazer one is on there you can double check with him. He usually adds the alternate versions.

9 months later
#9 2 years ago

It's a little black rectangle on two pins in most revisions it's near the 512 socket.

5 months later
#12 1 year ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Has anyone tried this for the SilverBall Mania 2021 code (weebly MPU)? or is this code only for the Arduino expansion board?

Only for the arduino board.

The weebly board offers more ram/rom space in the native (6800) format.... write games just like they did back in the day! No fancy IDE.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Thanks for the reply, I guess Im just going to run the original code unless someone is working on a new version for SBM...unless the Arduino board words with the Weebly board?

There was a version that modifies the way stuff gets spotted, but nothing like a complete rewrite.

I forget why the arduino doesn't work on the weebly, and if there's a workaround. I know one of the signals isn't present on j5, but there might be another reason why it doesn't work.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just set the weebly to SBM

Why would you need to do that? The arduino doesn't use the original software in any way. Or the 6800 processor, it halts it.

Somewhere in one of the arduino threads barakandl points out what's missing/needed to have it work on his board.

I have a large stack of original boards so never been a worry for me. I have a large stack of weebly boards as well, for the previously mentioned 6800 native coding.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The little expansion pcb that the arduino plugs into has a jumper to set the game back to original code (ran from the board, I thought), so that's the reasoning for setting the dips to the proper game. I wasn't aware there was an inherent issue using those on Andrew's boards, though. That bites.

Depends on the expansion board and how homebrew it is I guess. Some people build those on perfboard.

I pretty much just put one version of software in a machine no need to switch back and forth. If I want options, I'll add options on the dip switches to turn things on and off.

What I'd REALLY like to use the arduino setup for is a debugging setup for the normal software. Don't know enough about the hardware 6800 signals to implement that..... so you can interrupt the 6800 regular running program, with its memory and registers intact, and inspect it. Likely not possible though, since the registers are internal to the processor, and you'd need some way to pass them back and forth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 959.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weebly-mpu-custom-roms?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.