Solar_City_5.jpg
Solar_City_4.jpg
Solar_City_3.jpg
Solar_City_2.jpg
Solar_City_1.jpg
Abra_3.jpg
Abra_2.jpg
Abra_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

That Abra Ca Dabra looks slimilar conditionwise to the one in my queue. Depends on how bad you want it. If totally shopped and playing solid and the cosmetics are all clean, especially the backglass, $900 isn't out of the question. It would take more than that to pry mine away from me.

Looks like the rubbers are old so it probably could use a shopping. Less than $900 should not be too difficult negotiate to.

We're pinball people, everything is negotiable.

Yes, it will break down and fit in your Outback.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#22 11 years ago

As to the original poster's question, there are many wedgeheads that are great. My favorite desert island game is Atlantis. It has the best of everything that is great about wedgeheads:
- assymetrical playfield
- four ways to advance through the 1-9 sequence.
- four ways to win special once you have advanced through 9.
- only drop target game to award 10 times value when two adjacent drops are hit.
- gorgeous classic 70's artwork.
- easy to understand - difficult to master.

Lots of other games are great as well that others have recommended:
- El Dorado/Gold Strike
- Jacks Open/Lucky Hand
- Sky Jump
- Centigrade 37
- Drop a Card
- Kings & Queens
- Bank A Ball
- Capt. Card
- Slick Chick
- Ice Revue
- Cross Town
- Abra Ca Dabra

Good Luck in your search.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Thanks Mike, The pics were takin before the shop job. I was thinking of offering $750

If the backglass is as nice as it looks that will be amazing. The art on Abra Ca Dabra has a tendency to flake as much as any of them do.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMolly:

I fit every game I ever bought in my Prius, even Space Invaders/Embryon. Certainly got me some weird looks but hey, gas savings.
I also think $900 isn't out of the question for an Abra ca Dabra with that vibrant red/purple...I've seen several of them just blown waaaaay out for $500, even $700.
For your reference, I paid:
Cross Town: $700, an absolute beauty but covered in freakin wood paneling (since removed)Bank a Ball: $350, sorta beat up, missing 3 pool balls in the head, crazy reprinted cab with some kind of meth-addled spray-webbing maniacSing Along: $500, prettiest backglass I've ever seen orig, a stunner playfield, and a cabinet painted enameled red all the way down to the leg levelers (sad trombone sound)

Molly,

Saw the video of your collection last night and was quite impressed. You have accumulated quite the eclectic combination of games. They fit well. Even more impressive is your draw to EM's. What is it about Jungle Queen that makes it your favorite EM? I'm just finishing up a shop job on my Jungle Princess and am looking forward to some quality play time on it.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMolly:

Solar City is the weakest link in the Target Alpha - El Dorado - Gold Strike - Canada Dry - Solar City chain, IMO. Gold Stike is the AAB, neat. LOVE the Surf Champ glass above, too!

Molly took the words right out of my mouth - only I'll add Target Alpha to the mix - both games are a snoozefest in my eyes. If you like to bang away at drop targets randomly with no real strategy, then go for it. Of the two games he is selling Abra Ca Dabra is clearly a better game.

I do have to say that is one good looking Solar City though.

Mike O.

#60 11 years ago

Bummer on the less than acceptable condition. Maybe the next one will work out.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Well, the backglass was gorgeous, a bit too much planking for $900 though. Offered $500, he didn't take it. Might offer $600 later down the road. Also the fiber board behind the head was totally gone. Ah well, you win some you lose some.

As it turns out I paid $500 for one (Abra Ca Dabra) that I have. Cabinet and backglass are excellent. Playfield has been modded and varnished. Seems to be of similar condition so your $500 was not out of line.

My benefit is that I have another one with an excellent playfield in it so I will be making the best one out of the two and selling of the leftover game.

Mike O.

4 weeks later
#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Is there a single player version of Solar City?

There is only in layout. That would be El Dorado or Gold Strike here in the states. Lucky Strike is one more in the Italian market. Game play is totally different, though. ED And GS have it hands down over Solar City or Target Alpha for game play.

Mike O.
Team-EM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wedgeheads?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.