(Topic ID: 286152)

Wedgehead Backglass install...

By insight75

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

What do I use between the new back glass and the wood that presses up against it. What is currently there is completely deteriorated. I don't want to mess up the new ink on the glass. Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

Excellent decision. First you should scape off any residue of the old foam pads and the double-stick tape that was used to attach the pads to the wood. I usually lightly sand down the spots where the pads were, to ensure all of the old glue residue is gone.

I have had good luck using felt pads with an adhesive backing for the replacement cushions. It's pretty easy to find packages of these types of round felt pads at Home Depot or Lowe's, in the same section where the cabinet hardware is located. Some of the packages also include a large green square of felt padding that you can cut into strips, and use to cushion your glass. Make sure you get a package that has some of the thinner felt pads, the thicker pads are too thick.

- TimMe

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the response. I will indeed do just that and find those thin felt pads.

#4 3 years ago

Lots of different products... I use the fuzzy side of velcro, 1 inch wide self adhesive tape

#5 3 years ago

I've had the occasional problem where some of the adhesive residue "escapes" from the edge of the pad when you close it and it gets slightly tacky. I usually lightly touch the pad with some baby powder to get rid of any potential tackiness.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Lots of different products... I use the fuzzy side of velcro, 1 inch wide self adhesive tape

This is what I use also. It normally has self stick back side.

#7 3 years ago

Fuzzy side of velcro, some beer seal strip, felt furniture pads. All seem to work fine for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wedgehead-backglass-install and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.