please_do_not_feed_the_troll.jpg
49105main_popcorn.jpg
rjf_rooster.jpg
zalinsky.jpg
82114221.gif
HH2.JPG
HH.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I was very disappointed. I thought the Weasel reference was to a NGG for sale or something about the machine.

#52 10 years ago

"Weasel alert".

When I read that it was grc, I stopped reading.

#53 10 years ago

The TNT videos are funny at times and Todd does have a lot to say about the games.

#54 10 years ago

Coin-op retailers always seem to get a complete pass on acting like bitchy little high school girls and whatnot. (Among other less-than-desirable types of behavior.) Seems like no matter what type of horseshite they pull, they always stay in business.

If I ran my business the way they often do, I'd be bankrupt and homeless.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from gameroomguru:

Pismo, yes that's the one. No, he didn't mention us by name. Everybody locally will (or should) know exactly who he was referring to. We're the only folks with a $6500 HH on eBay. Of course, the price is eBay inflated. Fees in the pinball category are now 9%. Add another 3% for PayPal. Brings it down to mid-$5K range that quick. Realistically, we'd accept low $5K " range "in person."

Is that nib? That price is outrageous even for ebay!

#56 10 years ago

82106074.gif82106074.gif

#57 10 years ago

81848578.gif81848578.gif

#58 10 years ago

How the hell do you find time to service pinballs when you waste your time getting your knickers in a twist. I have watched TNT videos and I quite like the man.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from gameroomguru:

So YouTube forced a format change on our...

8< snip

You sound like a businessman.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK LANGUAGE

#60 10 years ago

Love TNT videoes.
Who buys hh for 6500usd??? Thats just crazt...
And Todd, u got my support, thanks on all the info in your videoes

#61 10 years ago

The only thing TNT is guilty of in my opinion is throwing games off of the roof!

#62 10 years ago

I wonder if Todd has a pinside account......

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from katoskave:

The only thing TNT is guilty of in my opinion is throwing games off of the roof!

I heard those cabs they tried to give away. The vid is old probably before vpins were thought of

#64 10 years ago

Todd's been around forever as I can remember. At least as long as me In the hobby. Crappy bashing, to say the least. Remind me to never take a trip to the state of "You have a friend in P.A.". Because You Sir arent~SpOoKy

#65 10 years ago

I dunno about him giving away a vintage Toobin cabinet but to trash it without regard to any artwork regardless of its condition is lame. However Todd has sold me some affordable pieces for a couple of restores. No bashing here but for the love of god stop throwing things off the roof!

#66 10 years ago

Guys get over the tossing machines off the roof thing. Junk is junk and unless it was junk Todd wasn't tossing it off the roof. Some games are just too far gone to waste time & money on! Anybody watch Pinball Wizard? How many good games did they trash making that movie?

And as far as this post - Todd has way to many friends in this hobby for anyone talking bad about him to get much, if any, support. It is hard to know Todd and not like him.

My thoughts go back to something my grandmother taught me when I was little. If you don't have something nice to say than it is likely that best that you say nothing at all.

There are way too many people in this hobby (& business) that think they are better or smarter than the next guy. Guess what - the smartest people are the ones you know very little about or hear very little about that quietly enjoy pinball and don't waste time talking trash about others in the hobby.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

And as far as this post - Todd has way to many friends in this hobby for anyone talking bad about him to get much, if any, support. It is hard to know Todd and not like him.

Correctamundo!

Todd's a super-nice guy, and in the world of videogame and pinball retailers, the man's practically a saint.

#68 10 years ago

Well I have to say when my store Chattanooga Pinball burned down Christmas Eve a week later Todd calls me and ask if I need anything and to say he was sorry to hear. Toddd may of threw some games off a roof but we all have done dumb shit but he is good people. In the internet age you cannot be a bad retailer and be in business for any length of time. I think for one there needs to be more retailers in this hobby because it should make the end product better. I for one go as far as I can with parts and restores on our pins for the home end user to to be a step above the other retailer here. Competition make any good retailer better. Too many retailer give this business a black eye.

#69 10 years ago

Old junk games sometimes need to be parted and cost more to repair in some cases than they are worth.
It costs money for the floorspace to store games nobody wants and if you can do a sales tape and use them as advertising then write them off this is a smart business move.
I parted and dumped 800 sq. ft of games out a second story window into a wheelie bin when I couldn't get 50 bucks apiece for them.
I finally tried to give them away with no takers.
It was costing my business almost 600 bucks a month to store files when I owned this storage and couldn't use the space because I was "saving" games nobody wanted.
I now have coils, posts, assemblies etc. I can use and can sometimes provide parts guys are looking for that are NLA.
I did a shop job for a guy on a Lost World he had with a cab that had gotten wet and delaminated but the LW cab I had saved because it was too nice to kick apart made his game look like new when I was done with it.
You can't save them all but you can save some of them and the parts make others live on.

#70 10 years ago

Tracelifter - well said!

#71 10 years ago

I'm still in shock that the op does not have any ban votes yet.

#72 10 years ago

Both suck IMO. Enough said.

#73 10 years ago

one of those games was SF2 pinball. Enough said on that. It won't be missed and worth more in lumber than the whole game is working. Add missing boards to the list. The boards are worth more than the game.

#74 10 years ago

The pinball crowd is very cliquey, can't we all just get along?

#75 10 years ago

I usually stay away from these threads but honestly OP seems like a whiney bitch

#76 10 years ago

Never done business with TNT but I bought my SS from GRC off ebay because of their video because I could see how the game played (10 min. worth) and not have to listen to some guy talk about it. Very nice people to deal with and they even gave me a price break. There were NO surprises when the game arrived. VERY pleased with the whole transaction. If I had room for more pins and they had what I was looking for within my price range I'd buy again. 850+ miles is just a little out of there service range, which is a bummer because I'd trust them if any of my games needed service. That's my experience with GRC.

#77 10 years ago

I respect all! Todd isn't an angel either, he has his moments like we all do. He knows everyone in the hobby and I'm sure everyone has a Todd story. And hey why not throw the pins off the roof, chalk it up as an expence for advertising. It worked pretty well everyone knows who he is and who TNT is. Prettty cheap price to pay for all the recognition.

#78 10 years ago

IKigoEL.jpgIKigoEL.jpg

#79 10 years ago

someone is having fun.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weasel-alert-tnt-amusements/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.