(Topic ID: 261624)

Weak Pop Bumpers - Gottlieb Slick Chick (1963)

By cperro

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pop bumper 3 (resized).jpg
pop bumper 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0362 (resized).jpg
schematics pop bumper (resized).jpg
0Ice-Revue-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

Removing 2.5 to 3 full wraps from the affected coils is what brought my Slick Chick into balance.

#12 4 years ago

The bottom blade in your photo connects to the spoon switch through the clamp bolt that holds that switch stack to the mounting bracket.

The bottom switch is an end of stroke switch that is supposed to release power to the pop bumper relay as soon as the pop bumper strokes.

It is all good as it exists today.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

dgAmpGuy I looked at those but they had only 1 wire connection on the spoon switch but 2 connections on the bottom switch while mine was reversed (2 on spoon switch, 1 on bottom). The more I look at mine though, it looks like none of these pop bumper assemblies may be original (they look too new compared to the rest of the parts in the cabinet). I'm thinking the originals may have been replaced at some point with 17108's. I'm guessing it doesn't make a big difference, they would just be wired a little differently.
PinballAir I didn't think about checking there, makes sense though, thanks.

I buy blank switch blades and loose contacts from PBR and build my own replacement switch blades when I find a broken one like you have on this pop bumper. And on the pop bumpers is where I replace the most.

Go to the Common Switch Parts section here to select what you really need.
http://pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm

Be sure to get a few of each of the different thickness blades and measure the thickness of a good example in the game with a micrometer. It makes a difference to select the correct thickness blade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weap-pop-bumpers-gottlieb-slick-chick-1963?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.