Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pintechev
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20161105_144502 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Williams Black Knight 2000 that was in reasonably good shape. As I got to playing it, I noticed that the upper flipper was weak - weak enough that it can't loop well and can't send a ball up the multi-ball ramp.

So far, I've:
* Installed a new coil and capacitor set from Marco
* Adjusted the EOS switch

I wired the new coil/cap identical to the way it had been, and this may be my problem. The upper flipper doesn't "hold" like the lower ones, but I was to understand that's how the BK2000 is set up from the factory. Regardless, there's just not much "oomph" in the upper deck, making for a rather boring play.

Any ideas? If anyone has a picture of the upper flipper wiring, I'd appreciate it. Attached is a photo of the original wiring, as I received it.

Thanks,
Troy Lanphier

IMG_20161105_144502 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

The upper right flipper gets activated by a ganged switch on the lower right flipper. This switch has to be perfectly clean and adjusted to transfer current to the upper flipper. The electrical power path for the upper right flipper also goes through the UPF Interboard, so check for bad/oxidized connectors there as well. The upper flipper should hold correctly, it has it's own EOS switch to open the connection to the power winding of the coil, allowing the hold winding to take over. If it isn't holding, not enough current is getting to the upper flipper assembly.

#3 3 years ago

I was wondering about that - the gang switch on the lower right flipper seemed WAY heavy duty for a single flipper. I will give this a shake. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the info!

#4 3 years ago

Also, look for mechanical issues, mushroomed plunger, dirty/worn coil sleeve. They can contribute to weak flippers, too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside