6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20171020_072658 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi all, I am at a loss here. On my Bally (6803) Dungeons and Dragons, here's what I have so far:
- the bottom right flipper has lots of power
- the top right flipper is much weaker, especially near the tip of the flipper.
- replaced the bushing
- replaced the flipper spring
- replaced the EOS on both the upper and lower flipper
- I have adjusted the EOS until I am blue in the face
- the flipper is not jamming, it is very loose and free

I jumpered the lower switch so that the upper flipper gets power as soon as the flipper button is pressed (trying to take the lower switch out of play), same thing.

Any suggestions? Should I now be looking at boards and where the power originates? If so, where/how would I start that process?

#2 6 years ago

He's also replaced the coil, and the coil spec is correct (A24-570/34-3600), and seems to be wired correctly based on http://www.pinrepair.com/6803/#flip

*** additionally the upper flipper flutters if you use your finger to block it when it is just beginning to extend (source: was at Jedi42's house playing all his games and failing to solve his flipper issue).

#3 6 years ago

For some more background, here is a picture of the lower flipper and EOS switch.

IMG_20171020_072658 (resized).jpgIMG_20171020_072658 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

I just heard from jedi42. The lower flipper was wired incorrectly, with high and low swapped. He's corrected this and now the upper flipper is fine.

5 months later
#5 6 years ago

I would love to see a picture of how the bottom flipper is supposed to be wired, and the top right, As i am having the exact same problem with my D&D machine..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-upper-flipper-on-dungeons-and-dragons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.