8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by radix
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello all,

This is my first machine and first post. I have a monopoly thats in ok shape but clearly not well loved for. Both the right flipper and the upper right flipper are very weak from the first play. The lower right coil will become burning hot, definitely abnormally hot, so hot the label came off and that you will truly burn yourself if you touch the coil after play. The upper right coil remains at a normal temperature.

I tested the coil and its resistance is 5.2 Ohms (about the same as the left) so that seems normal. The EOS is definitely closing. So my theory is that the EOS is opening too late. Does that make sense considering both the upper flipper (which has no EOS) and the lower flipper are weak? If that is the issue how do you go about adjusting how soon the lower closes? Should I just get a rebuild kit on it and if so can anyone point me to documentation on how to do a Stern flipper rebuild?

Thanks so much for your help!

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

I got this resolved. It was two separate issues. Both the EOS sensor was out of adjustment on the lower flipper and the coil sleeve was worn out on the upper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-right-upper-and-lower-flippers-and-hot-coil-on-monopoly?tu=radix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.