(Topic ID: 241704)

weak right flipper majorettes

By marioc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4BDDF4FA-957F-4CC1-B425-F225BABE5632 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

looks like the left one was replaced the right one looks older, both move freely the left flipper when pushed even sounds louder and works great

do solenoids go bad and weaken? I tried playing with the switch no luck

#2 4 years ago
    4BDDF4FA-957F-4CC1-B425-F225BABE5632 (resized).jpeg4BDDF4FA-957F-4CC1-B425-F225BABE5632 (resized).jpeg
    #3 4 years ago

It looks like the EOS switch on the right is open. This switch should be adjusted so that it opens only when the flipper is fully extended.

If the switch is indeed closed in the “resting” position, then make sure the contacts are clean.

You could also check to see that the flipper button switch is clean and properly adjusted. A strong flipper requires a low resistance path, so essentially any of these conditions could be the culprit.

If you check all of these things and still have a weak flipper, I would check the condition of the plastic coil sleeve and any play in the linkage. At this point, a bad coil should be ruled out.

#4 4 years ago

well something went wrong I played with eos switch now the flippers wont work , it lights up now no flippers, or bumpers and points registering, I checked fuses all are good, the ball knockouts work

#5 4 years ago

In the resting position the EOS switch should be closed as previous poster stated. When you push the plunger into the coil the EOS switch should open when the plunger is just about or fully pushed into the coil. Check the contacts on the EOS and make sure they are clean and touching each other when not activated. Make sure no wires broke off of the coil or EOS.
    If the game was playing other than a weak flipper before think of what else you did. Is the score motor in the right position? Try turning the motor 1/3 around and try starting it. If nothing happens rotate 1/3 more and try again. If nothing happens again try resetting the bank manually.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-right-flipper-majorettes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.