Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pinmeister
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have had weak kick out on the mosh pit of my MB such that it often kicks out SDTM. Replacing the coil and sleeve has not resolved the issue. Can I safely replace the AE 25-1000 coil with an AE 23-800 coil to resolve the issue? Or should I be looking for a power supply problem like a weak transistor?

#2 9 years ago

I'd suspect weak connection from coil to power driver board. Or wrong or worn plunger.

You can try the 23-800.

LTG : )™

#4 9 years ago

Coil tight between coil stop and its bracket?

Assembly tight to the playfield?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Coil tight between coil stop and its bracket?
Assembly tight to the playfield?

Yes to both. Its an intermittent problem which makes it more frustrating. Pins and connectors look good.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Pins and connectors look good.

Cool. Now tighten wires in the IDC connectors and wires of the same color joined to one lug on a coil - resolder them.

LTG : )™
Disclaimer : Look good is never enough.

#7 9 years ago

Kickout probably isn't weak, it's just rattly and losing momentum. Best fix I've found for any MB is to shim up the plunger a bit, so it touches the ball when the ball is in the scoop ready to be kicked. The plunger starts off pushing the ball, rather than rising up 1/4" and striking it on the way up. Result is nice, even and fast kickouts.

Shim the plunger by cutting a small strip of regular flipper rubber, placing it on top of the existing rubber stop (where the base of the plunger rests) and wrapping some tape around the whole bracket to keep it in place. Make sure the plunger doesn't stick up to high, usually need just 3/16" more elevation. Also, be sure to grind down any burrs or mushrooming on the edges of the scoop. If you've already replaced the sleeve, it should work great after this.

#8 9 years ago

Resoldered and tightened connectors and put in new coil sleeve but it didn't make much difference. Plunger is smooth. Not going STDM so much but still seems weak. Will try Metallik's shim idea tomorrow. However at this point I'm planning on the coil upgrade to see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

#9 9 years ago

I would give metallik's approach a go first. I have had to shim things a couple of times, they get worn and just don't work as they first did. It can make a world of difference.

1 month later
#10 9 years ago

Replaced coil with AE 23-800 and mosh pit eject works like it should now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-mosh-pit-kick-out-on-mb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.