7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Topcard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I have a 1960 Bally "Beach Queens" pinball and am by no means skilled in working on pinballs but I'm ready to try...any help is appreciated. The problems are the kickers are weak (don't have much kick), but when I push the kickers by hand they work fine. Also the scoring is not accurate. What's supposed to be 5000 points scores as 1000. Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago

Hi Chilly.
    Don't have that pin, but would suspect dirty/mis adjusted switches, at least.
    Those get gunk in them, and get bent outa shape a lot...
    clean the contacts with a dremel tool with a brass brush, adjust and try it.
    for the scoring, look at the bonus parts, one is not switching between the 1 and 5.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for your quick reply...I hate to sound entirely stupid but are you talking about the switches in the back of the machine or underneath the play field??

#4 7 years ago

the ones behind the kickers.
    and the bonus...well... could be anywhere.
    there should be labels on the relays to identify them.
    chk under the play field first.

#5 7 years ago

Disassemble the unit and clean or replace the coil sleeves. Polish the coil plunger rod. Make sure the rubber is the right size (not too tight). Make sure linkage components are not rusted or binding, clean and wax/polish. Adjust switch where it is sensitive but not too.
    If all else fails replace coils with a hotter version.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Disassemble the unit and clean or replace the coil sleeves. Polish the coil plunger rod. Make sure the rubber is the right size (not too tight). Make sure linkage components are not rusted or binding, clean and wax/polish. Adjust switch where it is sensitive but not too.
    If all else fails replace coils with a hotter version.

What he said!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-kickers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.