4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hayfarmer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 years ago

I bought a nib maiden premium after selling my pro. The flippers dont have the power of the pro. Or of kiss, met or Aerosmith. I have power set on hard, have tried all 3 levels. Table is set to same angle as others, have tried more and less, same results. Any way of increasing power? Thanks ,,,

#2 4 years ago

I've occasionally had inconsistent flipper strength on Spike games where the EOS switch is intermittently registering (due to vibration). Meaning...if you go into switch test and can get the EOS switches to open and close rapidly (by banging on the playfield, or lifting a flipper up and then back down to rest) then that would result in occasionally weak flips. Really weak flips.

So it could be that, but doesn't sound like it.

So, the flippers don't get any stronger when you change the settings? Very strange.

Is it possible that the machine was assembled wrong, perhaps with the coil or the piece of the bracket that secures the coil opposite the coil stop were tightened at an angle, causing drag from the flipper plungers as they slide in and out of the coil? I would take a look at that area visually and make sure that everything is parallel or perpendicular, with no odd angles.

Move the flipper with your hand while watching under the playfield. Does it slide in and out cleanly?

#3 4 years ago

So, I put on a good coat of wax, and lowered the flipper bands farther than the notch on the bottom and saw a huge increase in power. Still not like kiss or Aerosmith, but much better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-imdn-flippers-?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.