Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The right bottom flipper on my Shaq Attaq was weak, I could never get enough speed to get the shots in the basket.
So I rebuild the coilstop, sleeve, plunger, spring and the other plastic thing that the flipper runs through from the playfield down to the flipper-mechanism itself.

But it's still sluggish and cant make the basket-shot.
So what else could be wrong here?
The coil is the correct one as printed next to it. Could it need a stronger coil anyway?
Does anything else needs to be replaced as well? Could the actual flipper be bent or something and needs replacement?

The bottom left flipper is ok in every way, stronger and makes the basket shot without any problems.

#2 8 years ago

Improperly gapped EOS switch is aikely cause. Did you check that?

#3 8 years ago

I second the EOS.

#4 8 years ago

I'll check that and compare with the left one, just didnt think that the eos would cause that.
Is it because it opens to fast or slow or what should I look for?
Thanks for the input!

#5 8 years ago

When the EOS are making good contact, there is high power to the coil. When the contacts break, there is low power only to the coil. If the EOS is not making good contact from being worn out or out of adjustment, there is essentially no power at the flipper capable of hitting the ball with any authority. Or, if the EOS breaks contact too soon on the upstroke, it can also make the flipper seem sluggish. Keep in mind though, if the EOS does not break contact at top of stroke, you are going to blow your fuse if you hold the flipper button too long. So it is important the are adjusted correctly on Sys 3 games. Hope this helps.

#6 8 years ago

Huge thanks for the help!
I'll try and adjust, otherwise I get a new one just in case.

#7 8 years ago

Also make sure the contacts are clean. If you don't have clean contacts, even proper gapping wont always help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-flipper-on-shaq-attaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.