Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by halpain24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So a local pinball bar has a weak flipper issue on a GOT. Weird thing is it mainly just feels weak of the tip of the flipper. Kind of like it lobs the ball lightly over to the side when it's off there. But back door shots and such still seem strong. Also the flipper was just rebuilt and issue was before and after the rebuild. Still has old coil, flipper and bushing but everything else was replaced. any ideas? I'm going to try to go look at it tomorrow but I can't come up with anything in my head as I would've assumed a rebuild would've fixed it.

#2 7 years ago

I wouldn't think so with a rebuild but I would check the EOS switch.... Is it engaging too soon or stuck open ... Just sounds like it's firing on half power.

#3 7 years ago

Cracked flipper bat?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Cracked flipper bat?

^^^^Remove the flipper rubber and inspect it.

#5 7 years ago

Here is another recommendation in case the flipper bat is not broken. Take a $1 bill and run it through the EOS switch on the flipper assembly and also on the cabinet button. Readjust the two switches as needed.

#6 7 years ago

so the EOS switch is adjusted properly but I'm not sure about its connection. The flipper wasn't sticking at all. Really just looks weak off the tip. And not really every flip either. I'll check the bat for cracks and try the $1 bill trick.

#7 7 years ago

Try new leaf blade switches on the flipper buttons.

What you are describing sounds the like ends that make electrical contact when pushed, aren't transmitting current through the blades good.

LTG : )

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I'll check the bat for cracks and try the $1 bill trick.

You may have to adjust the EOS switch and flipper button switch after running the $1 bill through the contacts. I squeeze hard on the contacts when I run the bill through.

#9 7 years ago

How do us folks up in Canada try the 1 dollar bill trick ? Tough to slide a Looney through the switch contacts !!

#10 7 years ago

So, got to work on it today. The owner had recently replace the EOS switch and fully rebuilt the flippers and had decided to even swap coils. Stern was telling him to swap the node board with anotehr machines to test and before that started we decided to try the $1 trick. It worked! The EOS switch wasnt getting connection when closed and after the $1 it is. Weird thing is this EOS switch was new. He actually had another new EOS switch from marco and it was doing the same thing. Anywho, looks like the issue is resolved. Thanks for all your help!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

So, got to work on it today. The owner had recently replace the EOS switch and fully rebuilt the flippers and had decided to even swap coils. Stern was telling him to swap the node board with anotehr machines to test and before that started we decided to try the $1 trick. It worked! The EOS switch wasnt getting connection when closed and after the $1 it is. Weird thing is this EOS switch was new. He actually had another new EOS switch from marco and it was doing the same thing. Anywho, looks like the issue is resolved. Thanks for all your help!

Glad to hear the good results. It can happen on newer DE, Sega and Stern games with the Solid State flipper setup.

#13 7 years ago

I didn't mention to use a $100 bill since it is not a good idea flashing that type of bill around on location.

1 week later
#14 7 years ago

Having addition problems. The flipper is resolved but there are several lights out and some flickering. I know some of the shield and arrows on the right and left orbits and right ramp are out. Also the two target lights by the right ramp are flickering. Looks like it all points to the 9a mode board but not sure how to troubleshoot issues on these spike node boards. Checked and reseated connectors but can't seem to make a difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.