Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

before I replace the coils. Is there anything else I can do? I've tighten all screws / new springs / switches work fine. My left one seems normal, but my right one is weak.

#2 8 months ago

Coil sleeve?

#3 8 months ago

Also check the plungers to see if they are mushroomed creating drag.

#4 8 months ago

You can test the coils and other parts before ordering by swapping left for right

#5 8 months ago

Make sure the EOS switch is clean on the weak flipper, and that it does not open until the very end of the flipper stroke.

#6 8 months ago

A bad end of stroke switch wire was once determined by shorting the 2 flipper coil lugs that the end of stroke switch wires connect to. Restoring full flipper strength. If full strength isn’t restored the flipper coil is probably bad.

#7 8 months ago

SirScott thank you. Switch opened before end of flipper stroke. Works great now

4 months later
#8 3 months ago

Hi guys,

I have a weak flipper too on my Pinbot. IReplaced the SW-1A-183 part of the EOS switch. As I noticed the triangle plastic bit of it was broken. I also put a new bushing in. The other switch part is basically brand new still and it’s clean. The sleeve has been replaced and all other parts are clean too. CPU board is also brand new

The flipper seems to be good but then turns weak or it is weak from the get go when u play a game

I am running out of options, besides buying a rebuild kit. Could it be the flipper diode or is there another potential issue that I am not aware of?

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

The flipper seems to be good but then turns weak or it is weak from the get go when u play a game

You need to adjust the EOS switch to have more closed pressure on the contacts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-left-flipper-blows-fuse-and-melts-lane-switch-plastic#post-3607624

#10 3 months ago

Thanks for the tip/link GRUMPY

I’ll check it out

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

more closed pressure on the contacts.

Okay, how to adjust this? I disassembled the switch and bended the backing metal inward a bit and reassembled it. I must have bended it too much as the plastic triangle is now melted to the leaf. I got one last spare one of these, so I will give it another go.

Is this the way to adjust the pressure of the switch or am I doing it wrong? is there a better way?

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

Hi guys,
I have a weak flipper too on my Pinbot. IReplaced the SW-1A-183 part of the EOS switch. As I noticed the triangle plastic bit of it was broken. I also put a new bushing in. The other switch part is basically brand new still and it’s clean. The sleeve has been replaced and all other parts are clean too. CPU board is also brand new
I am running out of options, besides buying a rebuild kit. Could it be the flipper diode or is there another potential issue that I am not aware of?

The end of stroke switch used in Pinbot is a 03-7811 (normally closed, meaning it should open up at the end of stroke) . The right side flipper assembly also has a lane change switch ( this is the switch with the plastic triangle on it ) part number SW-1A-150. This switch should be normally open and closed at the end of stroke. Page 43 in the manual lists the proper gaps for both of these switches.

#13 3 months ago

The cause of a weak flipper could be a mushroomed plunger, or other worn out pieces. It can also be caused by a misaligned (crooked ) coil mounting bracket, or an improper install of a flipper bat. There should be a small gap between the flipper bushing and the flipper bat. With the playfield down you should be able to grab the flipper bat and there should be a little bit of up/down play in it pulling it straight up (1-2 millimeters). Also check the flipper button switch on the inside of the cabinet, make sure it is clean, gaped correctly and making good contact when closed.

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

I must have bended it too much as the plastic triangle is now melted to the leaf.

There still must be a 1/8 gap in the EOS contacts when the flipper is in the up position.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Whitehouse Station, NJ
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The EM Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!