(Topic ID: 327179)

Weak EM Flipper

By Mahoyvan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

The right flipper on my 1965 Gottlieb Ice-Revue seems to be quite weak compared to the left one. I can hardly flip the ball half way up the playfield, where the left one is strong right to the top.

The game is absolutely mint, no play counter but unbelievably clean when I found it, so I don’t think the coil is worn out.

The flipper isn’t binding on anything and rotates smoothly.

The EOS opens at the very end of stroke.

I did a light sand on all contacts involved.

I took the sleeve out and although pretty f’n clean to begin with, cleaned it as well as the plunger.

Plunger is smooth, no scratches or mushrooming.

Everything back together and same results…

I’m going to order new sleeves, but not sure where to look next… The only thing that stands out to me is the buzz. The left flipper has a loud firm buzz when you hold it up, and the right (weak) flipper has a much lower dull buzz sound. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

#14 1 year ago

Wow thanks for all thanks for all the instant help and tips!

First thing I tried this morning was frenchmarky's alligator clip trick and boom - Full power. So this must mean I still have some EOS work to do... The gap and timing seems to be about right, but maybe the contacts aren't touching hard enough?

I'll go over the contacts with a thin file as suggested and clean them up some more.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

#17 1 year ago

Did some more tweakin, adding more pressure between the contacts after a filing and we’re back!

Pretty much never gona land those 50pt holes, but nice to see a solid flip.

Thanks for the help everyone. It was great to have a number of other things to look into, and may have to down the road!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weak-em-flipper?tu=Mahoyvan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.