(Topic ID: 281933)

Weak coils across multiple games. Is it my house‘s power?

By MikeCP

61 days ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by vireland
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Spike Coil Testing Chart (resized).jpg
20201120_130847 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 58 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Which spike2 games? Some are worse than others. Here's the chart for the ones I've tested with a temp probe on each coil so far:[quoted image]

these dudes are using some huge fans!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cooling-flipper-coils-by-aluminium-heat-sinks-or-pc-fans

yeah, wall outlets might of been a thing on older games with a transformer to playfield components. But like barakandl said new games use a constant output via switching power supply. (unless your not getting 48V off your power supply, that's not the issue)

maybe you've already done this with JP but, I lowered the power and lined up auto plunger so both tab parts hit the ball at the same time. As for the manual plunge, I had to lower the spring tension. Both were to powerful causing it not to make the entrance ramp, weird thing is that it worked fine for a while. Works 100% of the time now.

as for the marvel ramp, if you figure that one out let me know. It needs to be a clean hit, even then it's not guaranteed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside