(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballwizard79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 66 votes
    18%

(377 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 6 years ago

Some very good points in this thread. I am at wits end with the code situation on new Sterns. I know us pinheads are a tough group to understand but we are just very passionate about the game we love to play. For me playing a pin with a layout and design I absolutely love that has inadequate/incomplete code for years after I bought it just grates at me like none other. This was one of the reasons I pulled out of my STLE pre-order and instead went with MMR. It is the reason why I am hopeful about buying pins from other smaller manufacturers that are more in touch with what us buyers want most specifically fun and polished code to come along with the pins we buy.

I really enjoy the gameplay of many of Stern's recent releases and want them to get the picture that home buyers want adequate code out of the box and communication on when we can expect the game to be complete code wise. I may buy one last pin in the ST Pro. However, if they don't come through on another solid update for XM and timely code for ST I am going to have to stop buying even the Pro models because buyers of these pins deserve better than we have gotten on the last few Stern releases. I don't know what it will take for Stern to come to terms with this and fix the communication issues and long delays on much needed code for all of their pins. I know this is not just a choice that Stern employees can make on their own and this decision needs to be made by the higher ups. I just hope they correct the issue before they alienate too many of their customers.

1 week later
#257 6 years ago

Stern's designs/layouts of many of the recent releases have been flat out excellent IMO. I don't think Stern has done the right thing by not supporting some of these great designs with adequate (almost complete) code in a reasonable amount of time. So I definitely relate to some of the sentiments being expressed here. However, I'm hopeful Stern will change with the times and dedicate the time and money necessary to back their product with great code on both new and old releases. Seriously we are pinball addicts Mr. Stern just begging you to give us a great pin to spend our money on don't give us a huge reason not to buy.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

This "we won't buy" thing is a hollow threat Dude... All I'm saying.

I actually don't think it is a hollow threat at all. I think they are already losing out on sales because of the lack of coding on their pins. With the added competition I think they could lose even more if they don't change. If people are actually buying from other manufacturers because of this it is an issue worth addressing IMO. I don't want Stern to fail at all. That's not what I want to see as I love many of their recent designs. What I would love to see is them listen to their past and present customers and improve on providing great code for their pins in a reasonable amount of time.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

For 8.2K I gotta be honest, it coulda used a little more cowbell.
Christopher-Walken.jpg 16 KB

Quoted from fattrain:

I like looking forward to new code as well, however not in the 1-2 year time frame.

Exactly my sentiments as well.

Quoted from Rcade:

I assume it's in reference to the VUK to the warp ramp getting switched to a webslinger.
In my opinion, that wasn't a debacle, that was quality control doing its rightful job of making sure that everything works on the machine before its released. The VUK wasn't performing regularly as hoped, so rather than just keep it in there and let the owners get upset and bitch about it, Ritchie pulled it and put in something else more reliable. I have zero problem with that, kudos to Ritchie for standing by his product to the nth degree.

I agree it was the right move indeed but must admit I was looking forward to that upkicker to the warp. That along with the price point were my main reasons for deciding to go with a Refinery Pro instead.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

This thread is great. People will still buy NIB hand over first. Many of them are the very people that have participated in this poll and posts, yet we still beat the topic to death. Talk is just talk. The polls are a joke because they are not remotely accurate to what people will actually do.

I guess we'll see about that a little premature to say that it is all just talk at this point IMO. The competition is just starting to ramp up so we will see in the years to come. I for one am hopeful that Stern listens to customers and puts more emphasis on providing great code in a timely manner so we will never find out what would of happened if they didn't.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodbury, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside