(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 67 votes
    18%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

In a lot of Metallica threads lately you can sure see the frustration from owners and it sure reminds me of the Xmen fiasco.

No, no, no.

Not even the same ball park. In fact, not even the same sport!

There is nothing *wrong* with MET's current code, other than not being complete. The initial code in XMen had so much wrong with it I wouldn't even know where to start (it wouldn't even keep score correctly). There is no comparison in my opinion.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Foot massages don't mean shit!

I'm glad someone got the reference!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Besides the obvious, a big problem is just how annoying it is to play an incomplete game over and over in the home. By the time the code is "finished" you might already be sick of the title because you've spent a hundred hours playing an incomplete game.

I agree with this.

I think this is why you see a lot of people who bought a new release posting that they have pretty much "put the pin aside" until the code is updated, as they don't want to become sick of the title before it is actually complete.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I agree but don't forget about this point.
Let's just say, for the sake of an argument, that Stern releases a Walking Dead pin. Okay, being a HUGE WD fanboy, I would be tempted to buy this one because of my love of the show and stories. But now wait a minute, I don't want to throw Stern or any other company my money until I know the code is finished and the pin is at least half way complete, so I wait. The code comes out and if it sucks, then I didn't lose anything. If the new codes comes out and it knocks it out of the park I say "Cool, I'm going to get this pin now." Well, when I go and try to buy it the price just went up 3-4000 dollars more because now the pin is awesome.
I recall this story from my feelings on TRON LE. I wanted the pin because I liked the theme, but I remember reading on pinside people bashing it on it's releases saying it reminded them of Funhouse and the spinning disc didn't work half the time and malfunctioned. So, I passed on one for 6400 bucks and now I can't even dream about having one without at least 10,000 bucks in my pocket.
I know this is part of the hobby, but maybe this will kinda explain why us hobby junkies do what we do. The pinball gods know this as well. :0(

This is correct, except with the advent of the "Premium" version the risk of the above happening has been reduced greatly.

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I meant it was a great purchase, resale was better then the purchase price and on unfinished code to boot !

Two thumbs down for that post. Hilarious.

Don't you know that it is simply WRONG to ever make any money on selling a pin at market price?! Dammit Jim, what the hell were you thinking?!

1 week later
#239 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So 83% of you aren't buying another Stern pin NIB? Do you also watch PBS and only read Playboy for the articles?

Exactly. lol

How in the world did you get two thumbs down for this post?

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've had almost every Stern at this point...many purchased NIB. I'm the "prime candidate" to keep buying NIB...but, I'm deciding not to. I'm truly burnt out on paying to be the guinea pig. I'm just going to wait now to see if games have complete code, bug free, and toys/features work 100%. Not only that, I'm going to wait until my games from the past few years get updates. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy just playing the games I have....I like new pinball games but I don't need them. My impulse NIB days are over due to code...and price to some extent. I can afford new games, but for the price I have expectations.

This sounds familiar to me...

Then you bought METLE.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The right theme + Lyman will make me break my rule lol
I've been playing Metallica A LOT over the past few weeks and am just loving the hell out of it...so, absolutely no regrets. ST is a neutral theme to me and I have STTNG already, so I don't mind sitting it out. The rumored upcoming themes don't really do anything for me either....so 2014 is a total "wait and see" year for me with NIB unless someone just blows me away out the gate.

I'm with you all the way because I also broke the promise for the right theme and designer.

And that was my point. Don't make promises we can't keep.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

^^^^^^^^^Because he says so!

Oh man, you did NOT just say that, did you?

Because he says so? Really? Shouldn't the pins be close to shipping by now, because he previously said that they would be?

Where's Magic Girl?

Here's a blast from the past for your perusal (please don't tell me to F off again, like you did in that thread...if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen)!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/za-release-month-prediction

Quoted from iceman44:

I'll say May/June of 2013.....MG gives them a good trial run!

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

hey, can't "disclose" anything, ain't no heat here brother, you backed out of the wrong pin!

No I didn't. Regardless of how (if) it comes out, this business model did not work for me on any level, and it was not worth the risk of staying in (for me).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-will-not-give-stern-anymore-of-our-money-until-codes-are-finished?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.