(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballwizard79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 66 votes
    18%

(377 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 6 years ago

I bought XM LE horrible code, still horrible IMO. Not even talking about the missing wizard modes but just the whole code and rules and call out (timing and context) need to be completely fixed.

I bought Tron because it's code was ok and it was really good, then Stern up and made it even better.

That's good really good for Tron owners, but the Tron code was already great, in fact I downgraded to the prior code just so I can play that before I upgrade to the new code.

But to have a game like XM LE with shit code and to ignore it while the polish Tron and AcDc code just pisses me off.

Almost to the point that I hope Stern goes out if buisness. I know that's not a good solution but I really dispise the way Stern won't upgrade the code to a competent level on some games and how the don't listen or communicate about the code.

I almost bought Hulk LE and ST LE but I hate the way Stern has handled XM LE I will never buy a game from Stern until they finish XM LE not just with a ton of modes, but actual good code and rules.

#51 6 years ago

The phone or other software anology is misleading, XM LE shipped did not even keep score properly, would be like buying a phone that couldn't make a call.

Then the Xmas crap update had so many bugs would be like if you had a smart phone and every time you hit the stock app you get the weather app and every time you hit the map app you get the weather app, every time you hit any shot it was the same call out from Wolverine, how do you send that out as an update and how do you not fix it the same day you are told its a bug? Stern leaves the most buggie code for months, in fact I had to go back to the first code the one that doesn't count scores correctly.

Even the current XM LE code is better than it was before but still is worse than the code it should have shipped with. I mean this would have been ok as 1.1 but it's 18 months later it still needs a ton of polish.

Stop making new games and use your resources to fix the games you sold us.

If these were cars or smart phones there would be class action law suites by now.

#117 6 years ago

Another point, if Stern were selling pins for $4499 or what-not people would not be so excited, I believe I hear less people who bought XM pro or Met pro that are as fuming as people, who bought XM LE for $6600 or MET LE for $7k. It's like the expectation of a $6600 pin is that it wold be world class or leading edge. Like we say, ok I could've had an A list game for this much but instead I'm getting shoveled crap (code).

1 week later
#225 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Me = Agree 1000%
I'm in the exact same boat

me three

#227 6 years ago

just imagine if PPS and JJP can put out one solid title a year, I m talking remake of TZ, IJ, MB, CFTBL etc.. Stern can suck an egg if they aren't going to finish XM LE, not just say it's done but have an actual polished code. This is getting silly has been what 18 months?

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

It took 2 years for Tron to be complete. Not saying XMen will be complete then, but I wouldnt give up hope.
If I still owned XMen that is ...

Tron code was fine before it's last update. In fact, I actually downgraded (went back) to the prior code. I liked the prior code fine, it didn't suck at all like XM LE. I mean, to me to really finish Tron was great and helps me as I want all my games to be super great. But it also spits in the face of XM code because at the time XM code was crap and still is crap as far as I'm concerned. And Stern goes and makes an already great Tron code better.

I know these are two different teams and all. But just to say it took 2 years to finish Tron, I don't know, I think Tron was fairly good on the prior code and I still am playing that code. I want to wait and treat myself to the updated code some time in the future.

To me Tron code might have gone from a 9.1 to a 9.5 (or whatever grade you want). I am looking at XM as a 6.1 grade and I think it should be fixed or updated to a passing grade which is 8.0 or better.

The problem is, Tron wasn't nearly as messed up as XM. Like to complete Tron was like ass a bit of rules extra ball some DMD animation or whatever else they added. It already was very good.

XM was such a horrible mess, they almost need to tear it all down and start over if they want to be a great game. I think either they are not working on it at all, or it's so messed up it's almost beyond repair and that's why we are not getting any updates.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I don't really care if the games aren't finished out the door code-wise. What I do care about is the games eventually being finished, and as we all know, there have been at least a few Sterns that never get quite "there", some far worse off than others.
Personally, I like looking forward to new code updates over the course of the first year or two a Stern game is available. It keeps things fresh and something to continually look forward to. Again, my biggest concern is that some of their games are left high and dry unfinished. If they can quit doing this, then I'm fine with how they currently roll things out at the moment.

I agree, fun to play different rules as it evolves, but XM LE had one update that was a giant step backward and the latest was ok a whole lot better than the crap pack, but what now? I'm still waiting for bug fixes and polished code and finished code. Not even a peep from Stern on XM code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside