(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 67 votes
    18%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

I'm done with them. And I still have my Xmen LE and hope they get it done someday. I pulled out of Star Trek over this, but am glad I went with AC/DC....and it will probably be my last NIB Stern. As new remakes and JJP games come out I will switch up to those and sell off my Stern games to make room. I'll probably keep AC/DC though.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Instead of just posting here why not post on their twitter account @sternpinballinc and do a hash tag #fixyourcode or #finishyourcode

Because I don't do twitter, facebook etc....

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Yeah. I feel like the scenario Indypin talks about has only recently happened with ACDC LEs. TRON LE's will also start taking a hit with the pro ramp mods now. The only thing missing is DPMB, and that's now enough to get me to cough up the extra $$ for an LE. With ACDC I really am baffled as to why LEs still sell for what they sell for, as that one is purely cosmetic. The premiums play the same and are fantastic at 4k less.
And to that point, the current process is simple....
-WAIT to play a new title in person. Enjoy the initial excitement when the game is announced, get into it and speculate, whatever you want, it's fun! But wait to play it before you order.
-if you miss an LE, you can grab a premium down the line, and still be confident that you like the product IN ITS CURRENT STATE code wise.
-ACDC LE went up in price
-XMLE went down in a big bad way
-TAV went down
-METLE went up shortly, but the premiums are awesome, so the METLE prices aren't out of control and are normalizing.
-ST we will wait and see, but I wouldn't think it would have a crazy appreciation....there's 700 of them!!
Ultimately, the market will dictate what you can sell for, so what do I know :/

The prices you are seeing for the AC/DC LE's are simply the prices being asked. If you notice you will see it is the same person(s) asking the same high prices for the same game and being advertised everywhere for quite awhile now. They are not selling for that price. Its kinda like the $24,000 MM on Ebay....

1 week later
#231 10 years ago

Its pretty obvious that Stern is treating Xmen LE the same way as they treated WOF.....they will just ingnore it long enough and we will go away. Yup...we will. And we will go to other manufacturers that care about the future of their company. Stern is in the middle of a big shitstorm that they just do not seem to believe exists.

Does anyone with a business background have an estimation of how long it will take the beancounters to figure out they have a problem that needs to be addressed? Its pretty obvious that their future sales numbers are in for a severe downturn.

But will they realize why or simply blow it off as more competition from new manufacturers without addressing the problems/complaints they have from their customers?

#237 10 years ago

Yea...thats me allright. I really love the game and the toys on it. But being that Stern actually listed a "danger room" mode on the game card that I have heard does not exist could that be a potential legal liability? Obviously I have not gotten far enough into the game to find out if it is there, but other posts have indicated it does not exist.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Danger mode exists and has in full capacity since a couple updates ago. Dark Pheonix animations were finished and implemented with the most recent update, but the rules therein are the "Lonnie Special" currently. The last Wizard mode in XM is all text at the moment though.
Deadpool mode, although not on the card, has been an option in the adjustments menu since day one, and still doesn't exist, heck, there's only ONE sound call out that is possibly Deadpool in the game code current.y, but nothing other than that.

Thanks for the clarification. I really hope they finish this code. Its a great game and it would be a shame to see it fall by the wayside over code issues. It just does not look good at this time however unless Stern changes their business plan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-will-not-give-stern-anymore-of-our-money-until-codes-are-finished?tu=playernumber4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.