(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 67 votes
    18%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I'm done with them. And I still have my Xmen LE and hope they get it done someday. I pulled out of Star Trek over this, but am glad I went with AC/DC....and it will probably be my last NIB Stern. As new remakes and JJP games come out I will switch up to those and sell off my Stern games to make room. I'll probably keep AC/DC though.

Good points. I'm in the same boat. Sure WOZ is JJP's first game but they have been releasing steady code updates for the game throughout this entire year and are not only committed to finishing it but continuing to support the game down the road. That sells more games and already has me on board for WOZ and TH. It also helps that owners and those interested in the game get updates on the status of the code and that the programmers listen to feedback.

Stern needs to do a 180 and open a forum on their website to encourage discussion between owners / Stern staff and openly admit that they are committed to completing code as it seems like without code what's the point of spending $7k-$8k on a pinball machine other then having a nice box to look at? They did a pretty good job with releasing ACDC code updates and should do the same with their other games.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Rcade really? JJP has one game and clearly has the time & energy to shipped a better product than 1.22. The code is so bad it was really hard to figure out what you're doing. I don't want to hold a button in and find the screen that tells me what to hit. Plus the flashing lights are over the top, how can I tell what light is on and not flashing. It's great that we could get hold of Lloyd and ask what the hell's going on but why should we have to make a call on a NIB game? Point is why are you giving a pass to one and not the other? It sure seems like many are bias. It's OK for JJP but not Stern. I'd prefer to have a game shipped that is fun to play with no issues. Again as long as people line up to buy then the code is the code. I played ST and MET Pro and they seem decent to me, maybe I'm wrong.

It's more important how you finish and JJP is releasing code updates regularly for WOZ and is committed to finishing the game. WOZ already has a very deep ruleset and you will need to look at the animated progress screens to inform you what to do if you want to progress through the game. I doubt many players would know how to progress through LOTR and TSPP without looking at status screens or asking others players in person / viewing guides online. That just seems like part of the deal with games with very deep rulesets that are more objective / quest based rather then focused on points / multiball. Just two different types of game types.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

ACDC is the pin that covers all the rest of Stern's sins.
People have been singing its praises here perpetually, and doing a lot of Stern cheerleeding. Can you imagine Stern's reputation had they not had ACDC to distract folks from all the other pins with incomplete code?!?

That's a good point. Stern (Lyman) did a great job with updating ACDC and I think that helped sell more of those games. If they had the same mindset with their other games I would think they would have better sales and more trust from the pinball community.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 25.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-will-not-give-stern-anymore-of-our-money-until-codes-are-finished?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.