(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 66 votes
    18%

(377 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 6 years ago

I think some of the comments in this thread are a bit harsh. Xmen, as it stands today, is a great game with great code. Sure it could use a little polish, but its code is as good as most B/W games with a lot more to do. The code in that game is no longer holding it back. Yes it was a hard road, and yes it would be great to see it polish up. But there are much worse games to complain about. I think most are soured up on xmen due to the early code drops and how bad they were. Really, all its missing is some polish on a wizard mode most will never see and a speculated but never promised dead pool option that's been in the menus - where the menus themselves could have been the issue.

TAV is fine as is even if its never updated. Same with every game out there except WoF and Metallica. Star Trek even seems quite decent now with its current code and we know they're not done there.

This thread is pretty nuts. It started out ok with good intent. But when you have complainers about acdc code, which is freaking awesome. And people citing how fantastic woz code is, with its ridiculously incomplete code, its clear that most are just hating to hate.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop saying that. Wizard mode doesn't have any dots. That's not fine. Also there's a bug with Thor's backpanel flasher...that should be an easy fix.

I don't care about dots in the display during wizard mode. I'd be too busy watching and hitting the balls to be looking for various animations on the off playfield Dmd. Sure it would be great to have some dots just like and LCD would be great with colors. But it really isn't critical. Neother that nor a buggy flasher grounds for public outrage at what is reasonably decent code in TAV otherwise.

Quoted from iceman44:

But you could sell those two to get a 100% all Jpop creation, and have some cash leftover, just sayin IF of course he actually gets these projects done and out the door as you doubt will happen

These games aren't 100% JPOP. He has a team working for him. He isn't writing all the code, drawing the art, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside