(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 67 votes
    18%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Most people say they will never buy another Stern until the code is fixed, but as soon as the next super duper LE comes out every one of them will be tripping over themselves to put down a deposit.
"Not buying another Ste....OMFG, WALKING DEAD LE, it's soooooooooo kewwwwwwwwwl!!!!"

LMFAO

#88 10 years ago

That kinda reminds me of the MM remake. OMG, MM sucks and isn't worth the price. I could buy 4 pins for that pirce and....whatzat......they're remaking it for only $8000 bucks!!! Take my damn money because this is the BEST PIN EVER!!!

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

I applaud you OP!
<soapbox>
I never understood why people took the following course of action:
1) Bought NIB
2) Complained about the incomplete code
3) Bought the next NIB
4) Complained again about the incomplete code
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 ad nauseum
6) Justify the grievance by saying, "We DESERVE the right to complain."
While I'm not arguing that, I'm just pointing out how empty your complaint actually is. Do you think Stern cares if you continue to buy their product, incomplete, every time they come out with a new product? They still get their money. Why would they stop?
Vote with your dollars. Most of the time that's all a company cares about. I'm not talking bad about them for keeping money in mind, that's a company's sole purpose afterall.
But if they want to obtain the most money, completing the code as soon as possible is the best avenue:
Everytime you release a machine with incomplete code, I do not buy it. IF you complete the code near the end of its licensing, I will end up only being able to buy one used (since you do not make them anymore, ie. Tron, LOTR, Ironman, etc.). At this point, no money from my purchase actually makes it to you, Stern. So it's in your best interest to complete the code as soon as possible, so people can buy the machine while it is still actually being manufactured.
</soapbox>

I agree but don't forget about this point.

Let's just say, for the sake of an argument, that Stern releases a Walking Dead pin. Okay, being a HUGE WD fanboy, I would be tempted to buy this one because of my love of the show and stories. But now wait a minute, I don't want to throw Stern or any other company my money until I know the code is finished and the pin is at least half way complete, so I wait. The code comes out and if it sucks, then I didn't lose anything. If the new codes comes out and it knocks it out of the park I say "Cool, I'm going to get this pin now." Well, when I go and try to buy it the price just went up 3-4000 dollars more because now the pin is awesome.

I recall this story from my feelings on Tron LE. I wanted the pin because I liked the theme, but I remember reading on pinside people bashing it on it's releases saying it reminded them of Funhouse and the spinning disc didn't work half the time and malfunctioned. So, I passed on one for 6400 bucks and now I can't even dream about having one without at least 10,000 bucks in my pocket.

I know this is part of the hobby, but maybe this will kinda explain why us hobby junkies do what we do. The pinball gods know this as well. :0(

#105 10 years ago

(knocking down Ben Heck) NNOooooo, take my money first!!! LOL

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

What you're saying applies to a limited run pin, but I'm not really arguing that, more so the premium and pro versions.
The LE's are a toss up. So far there has been a marginal success on a couple LE's of a couple games Stern has put out. That's a definite gamble, no argument there!
As for the pro and premium versions, the price will not increase in relation to the success of the game. ACDC is successful and a premium/pro costs the same as a ST premium/pro. As long as they are still being manufactured the MSRP still keeps competition among distributors and the money from the NIB purchases effectively reaches Stern.
Now if you found a NIB Tron or Iron Man, those will run more because they are no longer produced. I understand that. If the code was complete on games like Metallica or ST at this very moment, and they were deemed a universal success, they would still be the same price because they are still being manufactured.
My argument is simply that the completion of code along with initial shipment/manufacturing date is imperative to Stern seeing most of the money. Otherwise demand increases when the supply has dried up, and then the prices start to climb.

True

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-will-not-give-stern-anymore-of-our-money-until-codes-are-finished?tu=indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.