(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 67 votes
    18%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Well I suppose if someone wanted to push, Stern advertised with Star Trek so many modes and such, yet the game was released without the modes, would that not be grounds to sue for false advertising? Maybe a class action suit could be launched, of course this would be expensive and take years but it may smarten them up to produce games with nearly complete codes.

By the time the litigation even got going, maybe even including a DTPA ("Deceptive Trade Practices Act") claim, Stern could remedy the situation by simply completing the code and satisfying the promises made to buyers. No point in any of that.....

This thread is what it should be all about.....if people quit buying these NIB's without code then Stern will have to adjust...

The next question is "do they really care"? Maybe they just don't care about the HUO market and are still focusing on the Ops and pins on location where they simply don't care when the code gets done? If ever? The casual on location player would never know.

In any event, I'd like to buy TWD, if it comes next, but it seems to me all they really have to do is open up some lines of communication and create at least a loose timetable as to when code milestones are going to be completed.....

We all see how its working with JJP now, its first pin, great service, phenomenal communication, interaction, input, output, etc.........and regular code updates (insert "JJP only has one pin in production here and Stern has an excuse blah, blah, blah....").........maybe they should at least attempt that approach, no?

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Pat Powers is awesome with Stern's hardware and warranty issues. Top notch to deal with very timely. The rest of their communication and PR sucks big time.

I am sick and tired of paying a lot of money to a company and get treated like I am an annoyance to them. My money is off to someone else for MMR.

Sums it up about as good as anyone could!

So, 75% huh, well it looks like they are up shit creek then........

It appears the voters have spoken in this poll.......

I guess when they were the self proclaimed "only makers of real pinball machines in the world" they could get away with sticking it up customer's arse's.......take a look around fellas, its a new day and new options.....

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I can only speak for myself, but I would LOVE a TWD pin, and even though in my head I will be screaming "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!" I wouldn't move on it at all until 6-8 months after release so I can see how its code is handled.

Patience is a virtue, and I really want to stand by my feelings towards Stern on this.

Until then, I will GLADLY give my local route operators my hard earned $$, as I should, playing it until I decide.

This is the smart way to go, especially now with the increased number of Le's and increased prices, there is a good chance you will pay less by waiting as well, especially with the premiums and Le's......

I learned what "patience" really is with Woz! I just picked up Ac/dc almost 2 years after release, so it can be done...

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I bought AC/DC Back In Black with unfinished code , Next time I will follow this threads advice..

Didn't you also buy a Met Le and then sell it.... And have a ST Le coming?......

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yep and guess what , I kicked ass on Mople too!

Why sell it if you thought it "kicked ass"!

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Don't you know that it is simply WRONG to ever make any money on selling a pin at market price?! Dammit Jim, what the hell were you thinking?!

Ahhh, I see, Jimmy Mac was just pointing out the great deals that he personally made on buying and selling these pins Congrats Jimmy!

So are you going to start running a "pinball tout service" now? Trading on these pins is tough business

Is STLE a buy or a sell right now?

#218 10 years ago

281-57 is the surprising vote count against Nib.....

Quoted from Rarehero:

I like new pinball games but I don't need them.

Got to keep reminding myself of that!

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

The days of ignoring the customer are coming to an end. You either change or you die.

Blackberry............

Quoted from cal50:

WPT had one update but lots of potential and WOF has been SOL.

WPT is great and deeper than every other Stern out there aside from TSPP and LOTR, maybe I'm missing some other deep rule pins but if Stern could do one update and get it that right on WPT then I'd take it on every one....

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

unless someone just blows me away out the gate.

Might just be Jpop....you never know

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So at the end of the day if he makes a game or doesn't, it's the same thing to me. Whatevs, I've got my ToM and CV.

But you could sell those two to get a 100% all Jpop creation, and have some cash leftover, just sayin IF of course he actually gets these projects done and out the door as you doubt will happen

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would I sell games I have and enjoy now & give up money for something that doesn't exist and after years only has theories and sketches to show? The guy hasn't finished 1 game, has the balls to take money for #2 and a dropped a 3rd ball to contemplate #3.

How do we know if a 100% Jpop creation would be as good as a B/W Jpop game?

^^^^^^^^^Because he says so!

And there is a whole lot more than "theories and sketches", you will see soon enough

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There isn't even a playable whitewood yet...you think 3 titles will be done/built by next year? LOL

Yes........there is.............and no, 3 titles will not be done/built by next year, didn't say that, but I know of 2 that will be done/built...............................

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh man, you did NOT just say that, did you?

Because he says so? Really? Shouldn't the pins be close to shipping by now, because he previously said that they would be?

Where's Magic Girl?

Here's a blast from the past for your perusal (please don't tell me to F off again, like you did in that thread...if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen)!

Hehe....awful touchy aren't we, but hey, can't "disclose" anything, ain't no heat here brother, you backed out of the wrong pin! You can't rush genius and true artistry........

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

These games aren't 100% JPOP. He has a team working for him. He isn't writing all the code, drawing the art, etc.

Well obviously he isn't building, designing, coding, drawing it all himself, yes he does have a "team" that he controls and directs through his vision for the game.........there was a "team" at Bally that he was a part of, and it went very well there with his/team's projects......now he has no restraints or limitations in the creative process. We know all of this because of the weekly blog updates, pictures, stories, etc....anybody that is in or that has seen the progress at Jpop's shop knows, for now though, the naysayers can have some fun with it, that's ok! Already been down that Woz naysayer road

Didn't we go from JJ is a "fraud", he'll be bankrupt soon, he's in the bahamas with everybody's money, "Woz will never ship", blah, blah, blah........now we are down to "look, there is a chip ding in the cabinet right out of the box", "the GI lighting sucks"........oh how things have changed, while it was tumultuous for sure, I never doubted JJP would create a great pin, they did, and I have zero doubts or concerns that Jpop will exceed Woz in most aspects except code......

Getting to see the whole process evolve from our "cult leader" is worth the price of admission itself if you love pinball.........

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Your constant criticism of something you have no knowledge of takes away from generally thoughtful comments you make on other topics.

While I do think Greg believes what he is saying, despite how wrong he is he is just having some fun with it....and me....and I innocently/naturally know how to get these guys riled up, did you see RobT jump out of his chair with my "because he said so" comment....hehehe Good fun........

I like to listen to all sides, including the negative ones, that way we can know and evaluate whether we should have some legitimate concerns or not.......when you know what the facts are and the others are just guessing it can be fun!

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Why can't the distributors pressure Stern for code????

I imagine they will/should after the Star Trek Le debacle.........

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What debacle?

Maybe its not a "debacle", it remains to be seen, just saying the price increase along with the 799 units and then the VUK issue has left a ton of Le's in distributors inventory, and the momentum, whatever there was, getting blown out of the water at expo with the MMR release, still have seen the laser yet...

After all that, maybe they will be able to eventually sell out, after all 8k seems to be the new normal......

Quoted from RobT:

No I didn't. Regardless of how (if) it comes out, this business model did not work for me on any level, and it was not worth the risk of staying in (for me).

Keep telling yourself that You know I'm just jabbing you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 25.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-will-not-give-stern-anymore-of-our-money-until-codes-are-finished?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.