(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 67 votes
    18%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 10 years ago

I hate to contribute to another redundant thread, but I'm in the same boat as many. My only two NIB purchases were XM and MET. I really like both games, but am waiting for code to be finished on both as well.

I think MET will be fine because Lyman himself has a history of finishing off his code. If that isn't finished that becomes a direct reflection of Lyman because I'd like to think he has enough pull at Stern to do what he personally thinks is the right thing to do. If he doesn't, it'll be his first black eye in the industry.

On the other hand, If XM isn't finished off it is an indictment on Stern that the company policy is to work on new games rather than finishing off old. Stern does have unfinished games in the past to lend credibility to this view. In the end the only way Stern will put resources back onto XM is if customers keep that on Stern's visibility list by contacting them directly, and their distributor. This is how Transformers was finally fixed.

And this track record does also have me reconsidering any NIB purchases going forward. MMR is the only one coming up with guaranteed finished code.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Seems like the 2 most recent releases that got the shaft code wise are Xmen and Metallica.
What is the common denominator to these - Borg.
Based on what has been said in other threads, Borg takes the view that once he is done designing the game, its out of his hands and totally up to the programmers.
Maybe he doesn't fight as hard to ensure his games get the necessary polish or finish. Shame because I love how his games play.

Borg doesn't write code, but I suppose you have a point that he could people's lives miserable at Stern until his products are finished. He has worked with Lyman for decades, so I think he trusts Lyman to do what is right with MET. No one is really sure what happened with the XM fiasco, other than all fingers point to Stern's corporate policy to pull the entire design team off any game once it's 1 month into production. That means little or no time given for street tests on games which should include feedback to address both mechanical and software issues. It truly is a process issue that Stern should address if they want to keep the good faith of customers and operators.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 25.50
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-will-not-give-stern-anymore-of-our-money-until-codes-are-finished?tu=baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.