(Topic ID: 68330)

WE will not give STERN anymore of our money until codes are finished!!

By Rcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballwizard79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you ever buy another NIB Stern?”

• Nope. They've lost my business for good with their poor code update structure and PR 55 votes
    15%
  • Not until they fix current codes that are clearly unfinished and continue to release games with more complete code 256 votes
    68%
  • Yes. Ive never had a problem with the current system. Play pinball!! 66 votes
    18%

(377 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Christopher-Walken.jpg
image-124.jpg
back to the future.png
popcorn eat good.gif
image.jpg
stern.gif
mistake.jpg
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 6 years ago

I have bought 6 NIB Sterns over the last 2 years and 2 other HUO ones in the same time period. I pre-ordered an Xmen LE. Agonized over the incomplete code for over a year. Current code is good, but unfinished. After this experience, I have passed on both MET (thanks goodness given its current state of code) and ST. I am also out for TWD, Muppets, Angry Birds, or whatever other theme they come up with, unless they finish their other games.

Pat Powers is awesome with Stern's hardware and warranty issues. Top notch to deal with very timely. The rest of their communication and PR sucks big time.

I am sick and tired of paying a lot of money to a company and get treated like I am an annoyance to them. My money is off to someone else for MMR.

#175 6 years ago

Seems like the 2 most recent releases that got the shaft code wise are Xmen and Metallica.

What is the common denominator to these - Borg.

Based on what has been said in other threads, Borg takes the view that once he is done designing the game, its out of his hands and totally up to the programmers.

Maybe he doesn't fight as hard to ensure his games get the necessary polish or finish. Shame because I love how his games play.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Were they the 2 old guy muppets in the balcony? Those damn jokesters!

I love those guys! I have patterned my life after them. Grumpy old men watching from the rafters, bitching about everything, but laughing and making jokes 24/7.

#211 6 years ago

My dollars are going elsewhere.

#217 6 years ago

Or they could just show a clear commitment to finishing the code to past games, with clear effective communication with their customers.

I WANT TO GIVE THEM MY MONEY! I have in the past. I would in the future if we were treated like we are valued customers, not annoyances.

If Xmen got the proper finish, polish and love that other games seem to get, I would be the biggest cheerleader for the game and the company.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I spoke to Lonnie about the Thor flasher issue. He could not duplicate the problem, hence it isnt a problem. However, it does seem like a very sporatic issue. I started digging into when/why/how it doesnt always flash and gave Lonnie some data. He started digging further himself and came up with a few ideas and may have had it pinpointed. Unfortunately, someone (gomez is my guess?) pulled the plug on him & the AV Code; and we never got an update with a working flasher. This all happened around the time i sold my AVLE which i think was back in March or earlier (coincidence? or just a bad day of tweaking gomez's design?).
In any case; Lonnie did some great code in Avengers and it would be awesome if he were allowed to revisit it.

That is crap that he was not allowed the time to, at minimum, fix bugs like this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Maple Grove, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside