(Topic ID: 95826)

We Want Our Games Jersey Jack Pinball (U.S.A Version)

By FullBlown

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1-629.jpeg
WoZ Box.jpg
IMG_2458-1024x768.jpg
l-1.jpg
th-958.jpeg
4481024468_ce71dcc9ec_z.jpg
10565137_10203499822188922_165654550648057394_n.jpg
sns.jpg
In N Out.jpg
round egg.jpg
wallace-gromit.gif
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-43-56.png
IMG_1447.jpg
image-473.jpg
image-646.jpg
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-15-09.png
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I can remember when a McDonald's hamburger was 15 cents and an order of fries (only one size then) was 9 cents!

Look at their inflation menu. Even though a bit outdated, this is there now. Also for those that remember the hand checked order slips, note the prices from the '67 version. No Big Mac's, Quarter Pounders or diet soda back then.

IMG_1447.jpgIMG_1447.jpg Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-43-56.pngScreenshot_2014-07-19-14-43-56.png
#252 9 years ago

Now we just need for the breweries to get the HFCS out of our beers....

#253 9 years ago

I want a pinball machine with hamburger patch pop bumpers.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But does anybody remember how creepy Ronald McDonald was?

And did you know that Willard Scott played Ronald McDonald in a lot of these ads? I don't think this guy was him in this clip.

Yep. The same Willard that is on the Today Show on NBC reading out the Smucker's birthday greetings for the 100 year old + people.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Look at their inflation menu. Even though a bit outdated, this is there now. Also for those that remember the hand checked order slips, note the prices from the '67 version. No Big Mac's, Quarter Pounders or diet soda back then.

IMG_1447.jpg 98 KB

Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-43-56.p... 1.7 MB

Today a machine fills the cups, a CRT monitor tells you on multiple screens whats in the order, the cashier merely pushes a button which totals the items and counts change and they still screw up the order.

Machines & computers are no substitute for common sense.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Today a machine fills the cups, a CRT monitor tells you on multiple screens whats in the order, the cashier merely pushes a button which totals the items and counts change and they still screw up the order.
Machines & computers are no substitute for common sense.

Most of the fast food workers around here cant read the screens, since they are in English....

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Here in Kentucky, and I'm sure other southern States, when we were kids it was "Get me an RC Cola and a Moon Pie!" Both are still widely available here. For those who don't know what a Moon Pie is, it is a two or three deck ROUND brown cake with a marshmallow filling. About the size of a hamburger. You can get them chocolate or banana covered.

Same here, Carolina, I grew up on moon pies and Tru Ade!

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Most of the fast food workers around here cant read the screens, since they are in English....

English is their native language but their brain must have speed bumps or something similar going on inside.
Watching them attempt to count change back is pretty funny & painful.

I stopped by to grab a medium coffee and an apple pie before work and the guy closed the drawer without giving me my change back. The guy asked me if it was "OK". I asked him if I was .25 cents short would they give me my order ?
He got someone to open his drawer and give me my change which I dropped into the donation box.

#259 9 years ago

Here's an explanation on how the pre-order/game distribution business model works:

wallace-gromit.gifwallace-gromit.gif

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Here's an explanation on how the pre-order/game distribution business model works:

Nice but that video needs to be slowed down to a 3 year pace

#261 9 years ago

The burgers there at McDonalds are nowhere near as tasty as they once were.
I don't think they even cook them onsite anymore. I think they come in precooked in baggies from a main processing cooking warehouse and they are just warmed up in warm drawers. BLEH!
True or Not True?

#262 9 years ago

Sometimes if I have not crapped in a day, I'll get the Mc Bacon Biscuit to clean me out.

But, you have to ask for "round egg", or they will give you a frozen square thingy of egg product.

The "round egg" is actually made from fresh eggs on the spot.

round egg.jpground egg.jpg

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sometimes if I have not crapped in a day, I'll get the Mc Bacon Biscuit to clean me out.

Umm .... thanks, I think. Information overload.

#264 9 years ago

I foresee a new thread coming titled "Vid's Guide to Bowel Regularity"

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I don't think they even cook them onsite anymore. I think they come in precooked in baggies from a main processing cooking warehouse and they are just warmed up in warm drawers. BLEH!
True or Not True?

False. They use what look like giant George Foreman grills. Open your eyes next time you're in there. A lot of their kitchens have been remodeled so the customers can see what's going on. What you "think" is completely wrong and unfair to claim. They do put some freshly cooked patties in warming drawers, probably to keep them warm. They toss them if they're not used after so long.

No one expects McD's food to be wonderful. The Angus beef 1/3 pound patties they had for a while did taste better, but they discontinued them, probably because no one bought them. People filling the hole at Mickey D's want affordability and consistency. If I want a burger with mouthwatering beef, I'll go spend two or three times as much at any number of sit down burger joints.

Big Macs still taste exactly like Big Macs to me.

#266 9 years ago

McDonalds is hardly food. I eat a lot of disgusting fast food but mickey D's is too foul for even me.

I feel bad for people who don't live in Texas, for many reasons, but today because they have no access to whataburger. No reason to go to McDonalds here.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

McDonalds is hardly food. I eat a lot of disgusting fast food but mickey D's is too foul for even me.
I feel bad for people who don't live in Texas, for many reasons, but today because they have no access to whataburger. No reason to go to McDonalds here.

Don't feel too bad for us.

In N Out.jpgIn N Out.jpg

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Don't feel too bad for us.

sns.jpgsns.jpg
#269 9 years ago

Did McDonalds quit shipping food?

#270 9 years ago

10565137_10203499822188922_165654550648057394_n.jpg10565137_10203499822188922_165654550648057394_n.jpg

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But, you have to ask for "round egg", or they will give you a frozen square thingy of egg product.
The "round egg" is actually made from fresh eggs on the spot.

round egg.jpg 18 KB

Pinball and pooping.

Pinball life sells poop bumpers

#272 9 years ago

Hey, hey now.....I love Steak and shake......Chili Mac Supreme....no onions........

#273 9 years ago

Realize in looking closer you may have referred to Steak & Shake in a positive way.....if so.....yes!!!.....fast food w real plates and killer milkshakes too.....man, right up the street...may be heading that way shortly....

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

False. They use what look like giant George Foreman grills. Open your eyes next time you're in there. A lot of their kitchens have been remodeled so the customers can see what's going on. What you "think" is completely wrong and unfair to claim. They do put some freshly cooked patties in warming drawers, probably to keep them warm. They toss them if they're not used after so long.
No one expects McD's food to be wonderful. The Angus beef 1/3 pound patties they had for a while did taste better, but they discontinued them, probably because no one bought them. People filling the hole at Mickey D's want affordability and consistency. If I want a burger with mouthwatering beef, I'll go spend two or three times as much at any number of sit down burger joints.
Big Macs still taste exactly like Big Macs to me.

Well, our McDonalds was totally torn down. rebuilt from the ground up 4 months ago.
I have looked back there in the open kitchen area when waiting at the counter.
All I see are them grabbing patties out of the drawer system.
I have asked for burgers well done before and they just seem the same as "normal" cooked.
BTW, I never claimed they import pre-cooked burgers. I only asked if they did.
I haven't seen any George Foreman type grills in there when i have been waiting at the counter unless it's backed up to the deep fryer area that is out of view from the counter. I rarely go inside now that they have the new 2-lane drive thru.

#275 9 years ago

What was the topic of this thread again? I am getting hungry trying to figure it out.

#276 9 years ago

I run a McDonalds over here in UK.

The burgers are cooked on grills, the grills have a flat metal surface and another plate that a has a Teflon sheet that lowers to cook the burgers both sides the Teflon sheet allows the top plate or plater not raise without tearing the meat. Over in US they have Made For You, burgers are made when the customer orders it so it is fresher than one sitting in a hot holding area. To keep up with this burgers are cooked on grills and put into trays and kept hot in Holding cabinets, everything else is toasted/assembled when it come up on the screen and burger is put on it. This is just starting to come out in the UK.

#277 9 years ago

We want out food jack... New title for this blog

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

What was the topic of this thread again? I am getting hungry trying to figure it out.

Do you really want things back on topic.

#279 9 years ago

Maybe as a solid to those still waiting, Jack will include a coupon to your burger franchise of choice. I gotta admit, this thread had me almost heading over to Jack in the crack for those "un-tacos" last night.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

We Want Our Games Jersey Jack Pinball (U.S.A Version)

But it should be

We Want Our Games Jersey Jack Pinball (U.S.A Version) we will be discussing McDonald's and other things until we get our games, so please ship our games soon before we run out of things to say and turn on JJP for not getting our games to us in a timely manner as 3 years is too long to wait.

#281 9 years ago

Screw McDonalds. They don't serve onion rings. There is a new burger joint in town, and it's called "The Habit"

4481024468_ce71dcc9ec_z.jpg4481024468_ce71dcc9ec_z.jpg

#282 9 years ago

The fruit and maple oatmeal at McDs is a decent breakfast. It's fairly healthy, so I order it with a Diet Coke to balance things out.

#283 9 years ago

With only 83 games left to make it can't be long now....

#284 9 years ago

in jjp time, right?

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Screw McDonalds. They don't serve onion rings. There is a new burger joint in town, and it's called "The Habit"

4481024468_ce71dcc9ec_z.jpg 39 KB

Yeah a few of those have popped up here in the bay area too, very tasty

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yeah a few of those have popped up here in the bay area too, very tasty

We ate there on Saturday. As if the freshly cooked burgers and onion rings weren't enough, they serve shakes and malts made with real ice cream. I opted for a chocolate malt.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hey, hey now.....I love Steak and shake......Chili Mac Supreme....no onions........

S&S rules.

For a buck more for a combo than at a garbage dump, you get something that has taste.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I don't think they even cook them onsite anymore.

McDonalds came to my school for "career day" when I was in grade 7, about 25 years ago. We watched a video then demonstrating how everything is cooked at their plants, flash frozen "to seal in the flavor" and then shipped to the stores, where it is heated up again. They made this sound delicious.

So they do put the frozen patties on the grill today, but that is reheating. Point is, they've been doing this a long time. The warming trays are new, but in the old days they were just building sandwiches and having them sit under the heat lamps. Now they don't build your burger till you order, which is a positive.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I run a McDonalds over here in UK.
The burgers are cooked on grills, the grills have a flat metal surface and another plate that a has a Teflon sheet that lowers to cook the burgers both sides the Teflon sheet allows the top plate or plater not raise without tearing the meat. Over in US they have Made For You, burgers are made when the customer orders it so it is fresher than one sitting in a hot holding area. To keep up with this burgers are cooked on grills and put into trays and kept hot in Holding cabinets, everything else is toasted/assembled when it come up on the screen and burger is put on it. This is just starting to come out in the UK.

I worked for Mc D's in the early 1980's when these new "clam shell" grills came out. They cook the meat faster without having to sear and flip manually. Problem is they also create a less grilled and more "steamed" quality. Also we stopped adding salt/pepper too. Putting them into the newer holding cabinets in theory speeds up service, but doesn't help with quality IMO. McNuggets have always been cooked and held in drawers too. You can tell when they've been around too long.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

McDonalds came to my school for "career day" when I was in grade 7, about 25 years ago. They made this sound delicious.

A career at McDonalds?

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A career at McDonalds?

I think they were pitching it as first jobs when we were old enough, but the people who came to talk to us started as burger flippers and now managed stores, so there was that as well.

Dunno, as much as we like to beat up on McD's, they know how to work you there. I never did work there, but if a kid I was hiring has experience at McDonalds, I knew he knew how to work.

#292 9 years ago

every kid should work at mcd's sometime...

#293 9 years ago

I worked at two fast food restaurants when I was a teen. Carls Jr. and Pup'n'Taco. Both were great jobs to have at the time. Plus I got cheap food that I could cook the way I liked . I ended up with a much more prestigious job at a liquor store at 14.

All those jobs sure beat throwing newspapers and then trying to collect...

#294 9 years ago

I'm glad this thread came up to make me remember that. As my boys get older I'll try and steer them that way for first jobs. You'll never see a McDonald's employee checking their text messages behind the counter.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I worked at two fast food restaurants when I was a teen. Carls Jr. and Pup'n'Taco. Both were great jobs to have at the time. Plus I got cheap food that I could cook the way I liked . I ended up with a much more prestigious job at a liquor store at 14.
All those jobs sure beat throwing newspapers and then trying to collect...

I also did the Carl's Jr. thing as well as the paper route. I met my first girlfriend working at Carl's and still like their burgers. Too bad they got rid of their "frispo" fries in favor of the McD-clone shoestring fries.

And yes, collecting for the paper route was a drag. That was probably the lowest paying job, per hour, that anyone could ever have.

#296 9 years ago

double post

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

True or Not True?

Not sure, but it explains why mcdonalds hamburger meat tastes like boiled cardboard.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I worked for Mc D's in the early 1980's when these new "clam shell" grills came out. They cook the meat faster without having to sear and flip manually. Problem is they also create a less grilled and more "steamed" quality. Also we stopped adding salt/pepper too. Putting them into the newer holding cabinets in theory speeds up service, but doesn't help with quality IMO. McNuggets have always been cooked and held in drawers too. You can tell when they've been around too long.

I worked there in the 70s and we were real men on real grills! None of this nancy boy burger cabinet stuff.

#299 9 years ago

I'm a big fan of 5 guys burgers, another chain that came over this way recently.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

everything is cooked at their plants, flash frozen "to seal in the flavor" and then shipped to the stores, where it is heated up again. They made this sound delicious.
So they do put the frozen patties on the grill today, but that is reheating.

Lies, or perhaps your memory is faulty. Preformed and flash frozen, not precooked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-usa-version/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.