(Topic ID: 95826)

We Want Our Games Jersey Jack Pinball (U.S.A Version)

By FullBlown

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1-629.jpeg
WoZ Box.jpg
IMG_2458-1024x768.jpg
l-1.jpg
th-958.jpeg
4481024468_ce71dcc9ec_z.jpg
10565137_10203499822188922_165654550648057394_n.jpg
sns.jpg
In N Out.jpg
round egg.jpg
wallace-gromit.gif
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-43-56.png
IMG_1447.jpg
image-473.jpg
image-646.jpg
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-15-09.png

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am just happy anytime I see a new person get a NIB WOZECLE because I then know that I am one closer to getting mine.
I also don't know why anybody would want to see JJP fail. Bottom line, it would be very bad for pinball and everyone associated with it.

If all the games had been delivered already the negative posts might have stopped. Even if jjp were a year past original promised ship date none of this would have happened. I highly doubt anyone here doesn't want everyone who has paid for a woz to get their games quickly. If JJP delivers hobbit without asking for any money on the next pin this may all be forgotten. Anything short of that expect the controversy to continue.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

If JJP delivers hobbit without asking for any money on the next pin this may all be forgotten

Yup. Its that easy.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

chessiv said:
If JJP delivers hobbit without asking for any money on the next pin this may all be forgotten

Yup. Its that easy.

Or maybe just a deposit. I think when people put some money forward it makes the ordering side of the equation a lot easier. If people put a deposit down, then there is some skin in the game. That would make it easier for Jack to know how many of what to order ahead of time. But I do agree, changing the model to have the bulk of the money due upon delivery would be nice.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Or maybe just a deposit. I think when people put some money forward it makes the ordering side of the equation a lot easier. If people put a deposit down, then there is some skin in the game. That would make it easier for Jack to know how many of what to order ahead of time. But I do agree, changing the model to have the bulk of the money due upon delivery would be nice.

Agree

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

What shocks ME are the people who have not ordered a WOZ, do not like WOZ, do not like JJP, but absolutely insist on filling every possible WOZ thread with bashing and conspiracy theories concerning WOZ and JJP.
Some sad individuals are not happy unless they're attacking someone or something, even if they have no interest in the product or company at hand.
Shocking, but not surprising.

It's a forum and they are bored. Not much you can do about it unfortunately.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

If all the games had been delivered already the negative posts might have stopped. Even if jjp were a year past original promised ship date none of this would have happened. I highly doubt anyone here doesn't want everyone who has paid for a woz to get their games quickly. If JJP delivers hobbit without asking for any money on the next pin this may all be forgotten. Anything short of that expect the controversy to continue.

I'm sure the same 5 or 6 ppl will continue to fill every JJP thread with the typical JJPcopy&paste JJP sucks comments, jokes, youtube links and what have you. But whatev, its a public forum, everyone is entitled to their oppinion + drama can be entertaining at times as long as you dont take it personal.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Just because JJP needs pre-order money to build The Hobbit doesn't mean there has to be name calling and jabs about the company or its products. What needs to be forgiven because JJP is asking for pre-order money? I prepaid for a WOZ ECLE, got my game, love it and therefore don't mind doing the same thing for The Hobbit. The same can be said for many others.

I know I can go out right now, buy a Stern game and have it delivered to my door in a couple days. Why do people still wait then for their WOZ ECLE's and others 6+ months for a Hobbit? It's because JJP is making a great quality game, is offering value for the asking price, is including tech and innovation not seen in other pins, and is exceeding all expectations on code. People will wait and preorder for products like that.

At least games are being built and delivered as seen in this thread, other threads and on the JJP Google group. If production suddenly stopped, quality began to suffer, the LED board issue was never fixed or if the code for the game wasn't no where near the point it is today (yet another update was released yesterday) then I can see why some of the more harsh comments would be warranted. That's not the case though and therefore some of the complaining is simply trolling by those that don't own a WOZ, have one pre-ordered or ever intend on buying one.

#108 9 years ago

What about the guys that paid for a WOZ in July of 2011, and are now more than 1000 days into their "rewarding journey"? Can they grumble a little? Or is everybody supposed to shut up because you like toys?

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just because JJP needs pre-order money to build The Hobbit doesn't mean there has to be name calling and jabs about the company or its products. What needs to be forgiven because JJP is asking for pre-order money? I prepaid for a WOZ ECLE, got my game, love it and therefore don't mind doing the same thing for The Hobbit. The same can be said for many others.
I know I can go out right now, buy a Stern game and have it delivered to my door in a couple days. Why do people still wait then for their WOZ ECLE's and others 6+ months for a Hobbit? It's because JJP is making a great quality game, is offering value for the asking price, is including tech and innovation not seen in other pins, and is exceeding all expectations on code. People will wait and preorder for products like that.
At least games are being built and delivered as seen in this thread, other threads and on the JJP Google group. If production suddenly stopped, quality began to suffer, the LED board issue was never fixed or if the code for the game wasn't no where near the point it is today (yet another update was released yesterday) then I can see why some of the more harsh comments would be warranted. That's not the case though and therefore some of the complaining is simply trolling by those that don't own a WOZ, have one pre-ordered or ever intend on buying one.

Just predicting a possible future. Not saying it's right or wrong. Of course you can read what I posted two ways. I sincerely believe if JJP has plenty of money like jack says this would be the way to redemption.

#110 9 years ago

Btw panzer, I will meet you and Scott for a drink. I'm kinda shocked you're a real person and not a second account of some JJP employee. Of course knowing Scott counts against you

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What about the guys that paid for a WOZ in July of 2011, and are now more than 1000 days into their "rewarding journey"? Can they grumble a little? Or is everybody supposed to shut up because you like toys?

So what part of his post mentioned his opinion that everyone should shut up (including those who paid in July/2011) that your talking about?

He has an opinion, just like you, agree or disagree, who cares.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Just predicting a possible future. Not saying it's right or wrong. Of course you can read what I posted two ways. I sincerely believe if JJP has plenty of money like jack says this would be the way to redemption.

I hear ya. Fair enough.

Quoted from chessiv:

Btw panzer, I will meet you and Scott for a drink. I'm kinda shocked you're a real person and not a second account of some JJP employee. Of course knowing Scott counts against you

Lol! Well, I did sit day and night outside the JJP factory gates for 32 days straight until they finally offered me an interview. At that point I was put through several tests. One test of might that consisted of pulling a WOZ cabinet around the factory floor with Jack in it who was holding a boombox which was playing the Mortal Kombat "Test Your Might" song. Test two was installing LED boards into a game while blindfolded. The final test, which everyone but Keith has failed, was to reach Somewhere Over the Rainbow on WOZ's default settings. At that point I swore the oath and was offered a position in the JJP Guard to defend WOZ and JJP across all realms of the internet until the end of time. Just joking, haha.

Meeting for a drink sometime sounds good.

#113 9 years ago

Jack just posted photos on facebook of a bunch of WOZ being made but they are all standards.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

they are all standards.

10384279_814668461885085_4177687516060701296_n-262.jpg10384279_814668461885085_4177687516060701296_n-262.jpg

They look like they have wooden aprons to me.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

They look like they have wooden aprons to me.

10384279_814668461885085_4177687... 83 KB

That's not green side rails.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Jack just posted photos on facebook of a bunch of WOZ being made but they are all standards.

Yep - sweet looking standards with direct print cab and wooden aprons

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

It is blue painter's tape to protect them during assembly.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Anything with blue painters tape (and an obvious wooden apron) is an LE. The painters tape protects the powder coat during the build. There isn't a single standard in that pic.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I think its just blue painter tape on the rails to protect the powder coating during the build process and testing.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

No @&$/ Sherlock. Because standards come with blue rails. It's painters tape. Good god. Look at the shooter housing. It's green not silver.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is blue painter's tape to protect them during assembly.

Good

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Looks like people other than those actually waiting for their WOZLE sure like to grumble, and grumble, and grumble..

#123 9 years ago

Must be a slow ST update day

#124 9 years ago

Yeah. You dumbasses. These are clearly LEs. The ones aged 3 years in oak. Blue Label ECLEs. The good stuff. Black Label 5 year will be the ones to have, though. Black electrical tape on the armor.

#125 9 years ago

The cynic in me wants to say, "Jesus, a year later and the fact that he has 6-ish machines on the floor together is exciting news! Shouldn't that many be flying out the door daily??"

However, the optimist in me will just say, "6-ish machines going out the door is a helluva lot better than zero"

Congrats to the lucky (and patient) 5+

#126 9 years ago

Keep them rolling!!

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

The cynic in me wants to say, "Jesus, a year later and the fact that he has 5 machines on the floor together is exciting news! Shouldn't that many be flying out the door daily??"
However, the optimist in me will just say, "5 machines going out the door is a helluva lot better than zero"
Congrats to the lucky (and patient) 5+

Get your facts straight. That picture shows 7 rather than 5.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Get your facts straight, that picture shows 7 rather than 5.

Wow that's picky

#130 9 years ago

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them pinballs movin' Jay Pee!
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just build em' up and box 'em up and a send em',
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My WOZLE will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Jay Pee!

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah. You dumbasses. These are clearly LEs. The ones aged 3 years in oak. Blue Label ECLEs. The good stuff. Black Label 5 year will be the ones to have, though. Black electrical tape on the armor.

You GO gambit! keep the zingers coming dude.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Get your facts straight. That picture shows 7 rather than 5.

fair point.

However, recall that in JJP-speak, when you mean 6 or 7, you actually say "3-ish" - so I felt i was being generous

But so as not to dampen the euphoric events of the day (WoZ machines looking like they might be shipping), I edited my comments to a VERY liberal, 6-ish

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ooh. Blue label is a little overpriced. I love black label. Red label can do in a pinch as well. Is it too late for a 3 finger pour?

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Are you one of those guys? Coz you're sure doing a lot of grumbling...

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Are you one of those guys? Coz you're sure doing a lot of grumbling...

Although his posts are rarely on topic and often trail off into some sort of odd diatribe, they are what make some of these WOZ threads soo special.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

seriously.. time for you to check out. I see nothing but positive for those in LE waiting land! These people are patient, and dont need more troll comments move along!

#137 9 years ago

Some of y'all would think of something snarky to say if the photos were of seven loaded semi trailers.

You are just that clever.

#138 9 years ago

Its faster to build tractor trailers than the contents it hauls in several years ?

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Prepayment itself is not quite the issue. The issue is JJP might not have good enough cash flow to survive and if he goes under then the prepay model is seriously unfortunate for those that will do their dough.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Prepayment itself is not quite the issue. The issue is JJP might not have good enough cash flow to survive and if he goes under then the prepay model is seriously unfortunate for those that will do their dough.

Prepayment creates more cash flow not less. What the recipient does with that cash might be a problem but we have no evidence anyone is about to gut the company and leave. You have to believe in JJP or not. Jack is only guilty of running an extremely slow production line. I don't like the wait but 'believe it'll be worth it and yes I might do it again except 'never was into Hobbit type stuff - I AM into high quality machines and JJP is delivering albeit slowly. Remember a little while ago JJP would "never deliver a single pin" and all the "Ponzi" stuff. We are now near the end of the LE's.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Prepayment creates more cash flow not less. What the recipient does with that cash might be a problem but we have no evidence anyone is about to gut the company and leave. You have to believe in JJP or not. Jack is only guilty of running an extremely slow production line. I don't like the wait but 'believe it'll be worth it and yes I might do it again except 'never was into Hobbit type stuff - I AM into high quality machines and JJP is delivering albeit slowly. Remember a little while ago JJP would "never deliver a single pin" and all the "Ponzi" stuff. We are now near the end of the LE's.

Yes, but you have to believe in the company. JJP has a horrible reputation at this point. You cannot take 1000 pre orders and take 3 years to deliver games. I had a WOZECLE delivered 1 year ago. The fact that 200 people are still waiting is not acceptable by any means.

Jack promised the prepay people would be the first to get their games. - This obviously was a lie!!!!!

I like JJP and will likely buy a hobbit from a distributor when I can pay $$ and get it within a week. I will not prepay and I will not support JJP until he resolves the AUS situation in a manner that is fair. After that situation is settled, I will be buying a standard hobbit from a distributor and will have it before the majority of people that prepaid.

Do you think that is smart business practice?

#142 9 years ago

They're making games? Shocking news!

#143 9 years ago

Just curious...
When anyone of you calls JJP to get a status and get delayed a month, what are you told is the cause? I'm surprised JJP hasn't straight come out and told everyone why the LE's are not getting the preferential treatment compared to the Standards that are being shipped daily. What parts are on back-order?

#144 9 years ago

The cabinet guy's dog ate the RGB LED daughter board that was delayed by the typhoon that interrupted the shipment of ...

#145 9 years ago

Meanwhile, back at Stern.........

stern-pinball-factory-2013-screwing.jpgstern-pinball-factory-2013-screwing.jpg stern01.jpgstern01.jpg
#146 9 years ago

Oh, who cares anymore. Live and let live.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Meanwhile, back at Stern.........

stern-pinball-factory-2013-screw... 136 KB

stern01.jpg 63 KB

This may be the answer. Every JJP pic you see one to three people in it. Look at these, there is 7-8 people in them. In the JJP pic there is 3 people seen. Is the slow down possibly because they are short on workers?

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

This may be the answer. Every JJP pic you see one to three people in it. Look at these, there is 7-8 people in them. In the JJP pic there is 3 people seen. Is the slow down possibly because they are short on workers?

Lets hope its short on workers and not short on money to pay to have workers. The picture of 1 person working and then others of 3 people working makes you wonder. Looking at their pictures on facebook I don't see any pictures of a booming factory with workers. Pretty much every picture is of an extremely clean factory with machines in various degrees of assembly. No hustle and bustle of a factory making product. When you see this and then hear of countless people saying that they are not getting their machines it makes you wonder if its a money problem. I'm curious if these are trickling out slowly because they are now relying on Hobbit order money.This is my guess. I do notice that this company marketed the hell out of this game which can take a lot of money. Look at all the JJP promotional items in their office shots. Maybe they need to ease up on that and get these machines out the door. Anyone who prepays for a Hobbit from this company is nuts.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I believe Stern has a superior Microwave Oven collection in their break room...

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Its faster to build tractor trailers than the contents it hauls in several years ?

For Tractors, Navistar can pump out 130 tractors a day at their highest capacity plant. All plants combined can build 400/day. For semi-trailers, the high capacity plants can build 170-220 53' dry vans a day, depending on how many shifts they run.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-usa-version/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.