(Topic ID: 95826)

We Want Our Games Jersey Jack Pinball (U.S.A Version)

By FullBlown

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1-629.jpeg
WoZ Box.jpg
IMG_2458-1024x768.jpg
l-1.jpg
th-958.jpeg
4481024468_ce71dcc9ec_z.jpg
10565137_10203499822188922_165654550648057394_n.jpg
sns.jpg
In N Out.jpg
round egg.jpg
wallace-gromit.gif
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-43-56.png
IMG_1447.jpg
image-473.jpg
image-646.jpg
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-15-09.png
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 9 years ago

I am sure that he will mot have preorders for game number 3; also I would think hobbit is done by now at least a full white wood; if not that is not too good

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I honestly don't know how to respond to this, and am surprised that nobody else has stepped in already.

-Post removed-
Post edited by moderator: Duplicate account, account frozen.

#53 9 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. What's your alter ego / original account by the way?
That might save time...

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from GhostofJack:

JJP has a brand new minivan parked in the lot

Yeesh, I can't believe anyone still buys minivans.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm telling you-- if you have young kids, you can't go wrong. First, you can haul a lot of stuff on trips besides your kids. Second, they don't swing their doors open to bash into the side of the car next to you in a parking lot. Third, you can transport two pins at once in these things (with the kids on the luggage rack ).

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

two kids and an annual road trip to canada? i mean i guess we could have spent more money to get an SUV only to waste more gas and have less space ...

#57 9 years ago

abondon thread hole.gifabondon thread hole.gif

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I've three sons, and a minivan is the best choice when you have to drive somewhere with the whole family and some luggages. And a pinball fits in really easily

#59 9 years ago

Still nothing....

#60 9 years ago

Maybe just create a "petition" thread.... no name-calling, no vitriol, no maps of Australia, no Kardashians.....

Just a public appeal to JJP to address the Bumper-79.

Id suggest PlayerOne might want to stay silent in it

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm telling you-- if you have young kids, you can't go wrong. First, you can haul a lot of stuff on trips besides your kids. Second, they don't swing their doors open to bash into the side of the car next to you in a parking lot. Third, you can transport two pins at once in these things (with the kids on the luggage rack ).

Man, eff that, I've got kids, they just climb in past the front seats on my coupe. Trying to talk my wife into selling her station wagon and getting a coupe too, be a 2 door family.

More on topic, was playing in a league tournament yesterday and someone said they talked to JJP and heard they're on the last 100 machines now. Can't verify, just passing along.

#62 9 years ago

I want my machine.. This is the USA request/rant forum

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

I want my machine.. This is the USA request/rant forum

I don't think this will help any. Kind of like honking your horn in a traffic jam. Besides, from what I hear the production is moving along now.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't think this will help any. Kind of like honking your horn in a traffic jam.

Haaaaaaa! A brilliant analogy! Loved it and laughed out loud!
Mike in Kentucky

1 week later
#65 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If you look closely you can see the busy little hands of the Lollipop Guild you just can't see their heads because they are vertically challenged.

Just you wait till the Night Shift gets there!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Just you wait till the Night Shift gets there!

That's a horse of a different color.

#67 9 years ago

I think there is some validity to people being upset about this issue, and while I am sure people are tired of hearing other people bitch about the state of affairs, piling onto them doesn't help the issue.

I am one of those people still waiting for my WoZECLE. I have been waiting very patiently for a couple of years now, never getting too bent out of shape at the delays, because I had other machines coming in to distract me. I have no doubt that I will eventually get my WoZ.

But, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't getting a little annoyed at the constantly-shifting target. I had been quoted early 2013, and then fall 2013, and then November 2013. Every month, I call for an update, and the expected ship date slides back by precisely one more month. June 2014 became July 2014 became August 2014.

This is a new venture, and WoZ is packed with a ton of new tech. I know this has been a big undertaking for JJP. I know things have not always gone smoothly, and I expected there to be delays. But, there are times that I feel that these month-to-month extensions of the ship date are done just to keep me thinking that it's right around the corner, to keep my on board, and to keep my money in the coffers.

I'd honestly be happier if they just said it'll be another 3-4 months, or that they don't expect to ship until December 2014. Then I wouldn't have to get my hopes up every month, and could actually be pleasantly surprised if they manage to deliver early.

As for the issue of the standards vs the LEs, I understand that JJP needs to get standards out to operators, but a part of me thinks it would have been better to produce them to order when the orders come in, instead of cranking out a large batch in the middle of the LE run. It is the LE pre-orders that helped get this company up and running, and those people should be a priority.

I'm glad I'm still in for a WoZECLE. I'm willing to wait a little longer, and I won't be outraged until I start seeing 75th Anniversary LEs out there before I receive my ECLE. That said, it does make me wonder if I will encounter the same frustrations with The Hobbit...

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I won't be outraged until I start seeing 75th Anniversary LEs out there before I receive my ECLE

You sounded like a reasonable, if maybe super patient person up until that point. Then you had to just pile it on, are you aiming for sainthood or something?

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

As for the issue of the standards vs the LEs, I understand that JJP needs to get standards out to operators, but a part of me thinks it would have been better to produce them to order when the orders come in, instead of cranking out a large batch in the middle of the LE run. It is the LE pre-orders that helped get this company up and running, and those people should be a priority.

This is what has damaged his pre-order business model for sure. The "first to pay first to play" promise was the primary reason people lined up to pre-pay. I know months ago JJP said the TH was close to selling out on pre-orders, that certainly may be true (I'm no insider for sure), but I just don't see it given what people know or should know after the standard vs. LE issue.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

But, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't getting a little annoyed at the constantly-shifting target. I had been quoted early 2013, and then fall 2013, and then November 2013. Every month, I call for an update, and the expected ship date slides back by precisely one more month. June 2014 became July 2014 became August 2014.
I'd honestly be happier if they just said it'll be another 3-4 months, or that they don't expect to ship until December 2014. Then I wouldn't have to get my hopes up every month, and could actually be pleasantly surprised if they manage to deliver early.

Let's not pretend that JJP is actually as inept at production estimates as they would have people believe.

Yes, there will be setbacks (usually in the beginning) that make predictions difficult. However, after YEARS, they know their scheduling.

No, the TRUTH is that JJP has likely had a much better handle on how long this would take.... the last minute month-month slips are strategic:

Scenario 1:
If someone on the list thinks their machine might be *just one more month* away- they are betting folks will suck it up for another month.... Rinse & Repeat.

Scenario 2:
Patient pre-pay customer gets told last Fall/Winter their machine will not be shipped for 6 months, 9 months, maybe another whole year. This HONESTY would have surely created a refund landslide. THAT could have sank the whole shaky financial ground they have been working from.

Nope, fool-"ish" promises that were sure to be broken have been used to string folks along. To believe otherwise is just naive.

#71 9 years ago

I'm just glad I'm not one of those that has had to play one on route for the last year
while still waiting for mine to arrive.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

That said, it does make me wonder if I will encounter the same frustrations with The Hobbit...

that is really your decision if you want to put yourself in the same situation again.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

that is really your decision if you want to put yourself in the same situation again.

I think those that want to buy it will, and those who won't... (shockingly) won't... nice to have choices though. I get that JJP F'd up with commitments and transparency, suffering from a bit of foot in mouth and the list goes on. But, I will never get the endless speculation on what possibly happened that caused this, but srsly, makes for some really long and entertaining threads for me to read when taking a break from work. Not really sure how useful any of it is, but entertaining none the less.

#74 9 years ago

"The Journey Is The Reward!"

I was rewarded last week, 7/9, with a beautiful WOZECLE!!!

It came 3 weeks short of ordering 3 years ago! 8/1/11

I bought a Metallica Pro last summer just to keep me occupied..the newness of that wore off, then I bought a DemoMan!

WOZ is an incredible pin, nothing comes close to the quality/craftsmanship. Nothing!!!
It's been rock solid reliable so far. A few tweaks were needed.
Lockbar frame had to be loosened/retightened. Had to adjust the flying monkey limit switch (ball fell back on the lower playfield), the Winkie Guard Drop Target switch mounting screws were loose so the target
stopped resetting.

I consider these very minor issues. I mean, this is one complex beast!

Ken and Lloyd were quick to respond by email/phone (within minutes of emailing Ken).

Good luck to the rest of you that are still waiting!!! It's well worth it!!!

#75 9 years ago

As a WOZwaiter I have to agree it's not so much the wait but the constant moving of the goal posts. There ought to be better communication with those that put up the money to get this venture going. We ought to be receiving at least weekly updates on where we are not where we should be. If it's going to be December - fine. That's better than September-no-October-no-November-no-December.

#76 9 years ago

Credit to Pinsider Captain_Kirk:

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Credit to Pinsider Captain_Kirk:
» YouTube video

Lame, says the video has been removed. but thanks for contributing to the thread.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Lame, says the video has been removed. but thanks for contributing to the thread.

lol

apparently he did a few tweaks and uploaded another version:

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
» YouTube video

classic.
It's a perfect theme for a "Hitler Reacts" video.... I was surprised no one had done one yet...

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

classic.
It's a perfect theme for a "Hitler Reacts" video.... I was surprised no one had done one yet...

Gold!!!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't think this will help any. Kind of like honking your horn in a traffic jam. Besides, from what I hear the production is moving along now.

Yep, that one worker is back from his lunch break and production is now moving along.

What shocks me is why people on here are jumping on others who are calling out this company because they are not getting their games. Many people are even saying that their calls and emails are going unanswered. This is happening here in America as well as with our Aussie friends. Hopefully this situation with JJP will make people not shell out the full amount for a pinball before it is even built. This company already has your money and has most likely already spent it. They are in no hurry to get anyone their machine. I personally think these are stall tactics until more Hobbit money rolls in so they have the money to finish WOZ orders.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

What shocks me is why people on here are jumping on others who are calling out this company because they are not getting their games. Many people are even saying that their calls and emails are going unanswered. This is happening here in America as well as with our Aussie friends. Hopefully this situation with JJP will make people not shell out the full amount for a pinball before it is even built. This company already has your money and has most likely already spent it. They are in no hurry to get anyone their machine. I personally think these are stall tactics until more Hobbit money rolls in so they have the money to finish WOZ orders.

I think the whole Hobbit pre-order program is really a kind of ingenious intelligence test.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

"The Journey Is The Reward!"
I was rewarded last week, 7/9, with a beautiful WOZECLE!!!
It came 3 weeks short of ordering 3 years ago! 8/1/11
I bought a Metallica Pro last summer just to keep me occupied..the newness of that wore off, then I bought a DemoMan!
WOZ is an incredible pin, nothing comes close to the quality/craftsmanship. Nothing!!!
It's been rock solid reliable so far. A few tweaks were needed.
Lockbar frame had to be loosened/retightened. Had to adjust the flying monkey limit switch (ball fell back on the lower playfield), the Winkie Guard Drop Target switch mounting screws were loose so the target
stopped resetting.
I consider these very minor issues. I mean, this is one complex beast!
Ken and Lloyd were quick to respond by email/phone (within minutes of emailing Ken).
Good luck to the rest of you that are still waiting!!! It's well worth it!!!

Can you let us know who you ordered from please. JJP or a distributor. I order from JJP on 7-23-11 and am still waiting.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

Sorry- should have specified and did not mean to disrespect- My "not a big fan of Aus" stems from years of humiliating defeats watching Ashes drubbings. The WOZ and AUS just flew off the keyboard and rhymed but how are people supposed to know it's more out of cricket frustration not a verdict on a whole country.- My bad- sorry.

Guys, the only news out of this thread is this. Americans watch cricket?!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

Yep, that one worker is back from his lunch break and production is now moving along.
What shocks me is why people on here are jumping on others who are calling out this company because they are not getting their games.

What shocks ME are the people who have not ordered a WOZ, do not like WOZ, do not like JJP, but absolutely insist on filling every possible WOZ thread with bashing and conspiracy theories concerning WOZ and JJP.

Some sad individuals are not happy unless they're attacking someone or something, even if they have no interest in the product or company at hand.

Shocking, but not surprising.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This video is off the hook!!! Amazingly well done and hilarious.

#87 9 years ago

Its way past that! Now its about making sure as a community everybody knows whats going on. And hopefully that helps a friend get his game. But god forbid something falls part and someone does lose out like the Aussies. Because you and your group are just as accountable in most of our eyes.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

What shocks ME are the people who have not ordered a WOZ, do not like WOZ, do not like JJP, but absolutely insist on filling every possible WOZ thread with bashing and conspiracy theories concerning WOZ and JJP.
Some sad individuals are not happy unless they're attacking someone or something, even if they have no interest in the product or company at hand.

You said it. Spot on!

Games are being made. JJP just posted this on their Facebook page

jjp1.JPGjjp1.JPG

Sometimes you can tell who the main bashers in WOZ threads are (I say main as some posts are just ribbing for fun) as they typically only post jabs towards JJP, give a thumbs up to jabbing comments, and never give a thumbs up to anyone receiving their game while posting something positive about it. Kinda like the post below from nearly a day ago, lol.

JJP2.JPGJJP2.JPG

#89 9 years ago

The suggestion that some people either want to see JJP fail, just want to stir a pot, or are jealous in some way, is such a reduction and oversimplification of the issue. So obviously so that further response to such suggestion is not warranted.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You said it. Spot on!

Sometimes you can tell who the main bashers in WOZ threads are (I say main as some posts are just ribbing for fun) as they typically only post jabs towards JJP, give a thumbs up to jabbing comments, and never give a thumbs up to anyone receiving their game while posting something positive about it. Kinda like the post below from nearly a day ago, lol.

I am just happy anytime I see a new person get a NIB WOZECLE because I then know that I am one closer to getting mine.

I also don't know why anybody would want to see JJP fail. Bottom line, it would be very bad for pinball and everyone associated with it.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am just happy anytime I see a new person get a NIB WOZECLE because I then know that I am one closer to getting mine.
I also don't know why anybody would want to see JJP fail. Bottom line, it would be very bad for pinball.

I agree. I like having different options when it comes to buying pins. Plus, JJP brought back Ted Estes, Keith Johnson and Pat Lawlor to production pinball which no matter if you like JJP or not is just awesome.

Have you heard any new estimates as to when your game will ship?

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Like I predicted. One week after Cash was due, the lines are fired up again.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The suggestion that some people either want to see JJP fail, just want to stir a pot, or are jealous in some way, is such a reduction and oversimplification of the issue. So obviously so that further response to such suggestion is not warranted.

Actually it is a statement of the issue. Has been for quite a while. Just because you don't like the explanation doesn't mean it isn't true.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Like I predicted. One week after Cash was due, the lines are fired up again.

or maybe that is just a typical day? We have seen new owners over the past month post comments about seeing the factory line being busy and games in test / ready for shipment when they picked up their games.

I don't think the payment deadline for The Hobbit fired up the lines again. My distributor didn't even send out an email requesting additional money. JJP also delayed the final payment for the game due to the third film being pushed back to December. Also, the payment due date didn't seem to affect JJP working on yet another WOZ code update.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

or maybe that is just a typical day?

I think its pretty clear that has not been the case or DC fan above would be playing his. Just hoping this time is the charm ; )

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Actually it is a statement of the issue. Has been for quite a while. Just because you don't like the explanation doesn't mean it isn't true.

So you get to transpose your opinion onto someone else's? That makes no sense. It isn't a correct explanation, so what is the value? You think no one should talk about it other than the 750 who own it. Fine. But you don't get to decide for anyone else what they think or why they do care bout it.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Then you get the attackers of the attackers.... the people who somehow magically knows who on here has ordered, what they like and who has received their pin. These threads that are popping up are by people frustrated at not getting what they paid for. Many are not being responded to and their questions are going unanswered.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think its pretty clear that has not been the case or DC fan above would be playing his. Just hoping this time is the charm ; )

I don't read all the threads related to WoZ as there are just too many and most are from people speculating. However, I do recall Jack advising that the issue with the WoZLEs was due to a cabinet maker issue???? I also recall reading that the standard WoZ machine cabinets do not have the same cabinets or process to applying the artwork, correct??? If this information is even remotely correct than it is clear to me that no matter how many people Jack has on the assembly line the LEs will still not be made until the LE cabinets are received. So unfortunately for DCfan and all others waiting on their LEs they will continue to need to wait for their machine until the LE cabs are received!!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I don't read all the threads related to WoZ as there are just too many and most are from people speculating. However, I do recall Jack advising that the issue with the WoZLEs was due to a cabinet maker issue???? I also recall reading that the standard WoZ machine cabinets do not have the same cabinets or process to applying the artwork, correct??? If this information is even remotely correct than it is clear to me that no matter how many people Jack has on the assembly line the LEs will still not be made until the LE cabinets are received. So unfortunately for DCfan and all others waiting on their LEs they will continue to need to wait for their machine until the LE cabs are received!!

My theory is getting these cabinets has been one of the serious bottle necks. But I am willing to wait to get one. I remember being at Expo several years back. I saw one from about 50 feet away. I said to my wife, "Man look at the cabinet on that machine". I really hadn't been follow WoZ too much up to that point. I am glad Jack is trying to keep the LE's having the clear. Even if it drags it out. It really is nice. Word has it thought that it can scratch easier. So those with them need to be extra careful. Probably better that the standards get the stickers because those would more likely be the ones that go on location. Couple that issue with the boards and I am sure it created problems.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
» YouTube video

Classic!

woz.jpgwoz.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-usa-version/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.