(Topic ID: 95826)

We Want Our Games Jersey Jack Pinball (U.S.A Version)

By FullBlown

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 381 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-1-629.jpeg
WoZ Box.jpg
IMG_2458-1024x768.jpg
l-1.jpg
th-958.jpeg
4481024468_ce71dcc9ec_z.jpg
10565137_10203499822188922_165654550648057394_n.jpg
sns.jpg
In N Out.jpg
round egg.jpg
wallace-gromit.gif
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-43-56.png
IMG_1447.jpg
image-473.jpg
image-646.jpg
Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-15-09.png

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 5 years ago

Dear JJP,
Thank you for an producing an awesome game that took lots of hard work and planning. As I still am waiting for my WOZ to arrive in FL, please keep cranking out the games as quickly as possible.
My only request is that those still waiting, be given a true timeline as to when we will recieve our games..
Thanks so much,
Looking forward to the Hobbit
EK

Post edited by moderator: Replaced personal name to company name in topic title.

#2 5 years ago

Time frames seem to be the biggest issue/ complaint. I don't care much for the intense negative personal attacks as they don't seem warranted by my eye, not a huge fan of WOZ or AUS but do have sympathy for both JJP and the poor Bumper people. JJP and Jack look like they bit off more than they could chew and it will probably take quite a bit of time yet before a fuller verdict is in. Until then it's kinda fun reading some of these threads- just wish the invective was toned down some.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

Time frames seem to be the biggest issue/ complaint. I don't care much for the intense negative personal attacks as they don't seem warranted by my eye, not a huge fan of WOZ or AUS but do have sympathy for both JJP and the poor Bumper people. JJP and Jack look like they bit off more than they could chew and it will probably take quite a bit of time yet before a fuller verdict is in. Until then it's kinda fun reading some of these threads- just wish the invective was toned down some.

Fna_royam, I agree with you 100%

#4 5 years ago

There is still les that haven't shipped? I thought all the les already shipped already?

#5 5 years ago

I've played WOZ I think it's fun, my wife & kids love it! I really appreciate the innovation of the LCD screen & the over all build quality. Thank you.
But. If I had pre ordered one of these bad boys 3 years ago, & was seeing all these Standard Edition WOZ's being sold I would be hostil! In my book there is No excuse to be this far behind your deadline, while your producing Standard WOZ pins & selling them to the general public, & there is Zero reasons why they can't give you a delivery date/ estimate. From what I've read on here their communication sucks!
I would really like to order a Hobbit pin, but after watching the WOZ disaster & how poorly JJP has managed the situation, I'll pass. My $ is better off in my bank than Jacks.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

There is still les that haven't shipped? I thought all the les already shipped already?

Lots LEs left from what I hear. I am waiting on one to be delivered here and it is promised to ship in mid-July.

#7 5 years ago

For Hobbit... Once a Distributor has stock, im going to buy one. Even if the cost is a bit more, I have always had a great experience with Mike at Automated. Waiting is not fun in anyway

#8 5 years ago

Still waiting here... but what bothers me most about these threads is the personal call out - maybe a "We want our games Jersey Jack Pinball" would be better?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

Well when you have people with $6,500 dollars plus down on a game, then you are going to get heat from people. Heat will be applied if promise after promise is broken. This is the only way people have to express their opinions. I thought the op was very friendly in his post. I didn't see him attack anyone, I did see him stress his frustration and not getting true and accurate information. I love my WOZ but I would be passed ticked off. However, if I were in the States I would have canceled my order by now and got a full refund.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Still waiting here... but what bothers me most about these threads is the personal call out - maybe a "We want our games Jersey Jack Pinball" would be better?

Maybe so. But, when you're the founder of a company & it's named after you, your married to it!

#11 5 years ago

I was just there 2 weeks ago picking up some invisiglass. LOTS of folks working on the assembly line, LOTS of pins in production.

And while at the loading dock I saw a ton of new WOZ cabinets, back boxes, and both size playfields lined up and ready to move onto the line. And a bunch of crated pins ready to ship.

image-969.jpg image-53.jpg image-991.jpg
#12 5 years ago

Thanks so much for starting another one of these threads. The others just weren't cutting it.

#13 5 years ago

Let's see if Jack asks for deposits on game #3 before TH ships

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

That would be very telling.

#15 5 years ago

thanks for the pic, At least the GI is working

#16 5 years ago

Those pins had better be coming to FL

#17 5 years ago

He's not going to ask for deposits on #3 if he just told the Hobbit pre-orders that they didn't have to pay the final payment until the end of the year or when the game ships. That doesn't sound like a guy in a fiscal crisis.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I was just there 2 weeks ago picking up some invisiglass. LOTS of folks working on the assembly line, LOTS of pins in production.

LMAO .... this is LOTS for people working on the line?!
I see more people in Stern engineering pictures - debugging early prototypes.

One guy (except the two in the background) is a lot of people?
Jeebus; he's really working hard to crank those preorders out.

#19 5 years ago

Nope still people waiting on them. but on the plus side, jack should know now how many games he can make, so he should have a better understanding on timelines and deadlines. Problem is this preorder crap. Which becomes years. Should be make the games, then start sending them out all at once, or at least in lots. Then you don't have people's money tied up and the wait wouldn't seem as long.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

One guy (except the two in the background) is a lot of people?

I think he was being sarcastic.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think he was being sarcastic.

invisiglass...
invisiworkers...

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

, not a huge fan of WOZ or AUS .

So exactly what is it that you don't like about AUS?

Just love how when an American starts one of these threads there is pretty much all thumbs up but when the Aussies who are directly affected and have lost thousands of dollars start a similar thread it is predominantly thumbs down.

Probably a good thing you don't like AUS....I'll look forward to not having you here. Seriously, what a thing to say about a country that is probably America's best and most loyal friend. I dare say you speak for yourself and not the majority of other Americans.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

I dare say you speak for yourself and not the majority of other Americans.

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed scuba diving with you guys last year.

#24 5 years ago

Just love how when an American starts one of these threads there is pretty much all thumbs up but when the Aussies who are directly affected and have lost thousands of dollars start a similar thread it is predominantly thumbs down.
Probably a good thing you don't like AUS....I'll look forward to not having you here. Seriously, what a thing to say about a country that is probably America's best and most loyal friend. I dare say you speak for yourself and not the majority of other Americans.

Here's a thumbs up from me, Mate !

#25 5 years ago

Another WOZ bashing troll post....

#26 5 years ago

I think this was stated in more than a reasonable manner.

Best of luck on getting a ship date.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

invisiglass...
invisiworkers...

LOL !!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

And while at the loading dock I saw a ton of new WOZ cabinets, back boxes, and both size playfields lined up and ready to move onto the line. And a bunch of crated pins ready to ship.

image-969.jpg 145 KB

image-53.jpg 185 KB

image-991.jpg 164 KB

you could shoot a cannon up the factory floor in that last pic.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He's not going to ask for deposits on #3 if he just told the Hobbit pre-orders that they didn't have to pay the final payment until the end of the year or when the game ships. That doesn't sound like a guy in a fiscal crisis.

No, that sounds like a guy who knows what the answer would be if he asked for final payment well before delivery...

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I think he did with the ruby red edition!

#31 5 years ago

Aussies rule. Some of my best hangovers have been caused by Aussies.

Pintoxicated - Surprised the term "septic" didn't appear somewhere in your reply. I know that's what my Aussie friends would have said. But perhaps you're nicer than my Aussie friends...

#32 5 years ago

I think the reason why the Aussie Jack thread had so many thumbs down is because it was a more angry post than this one. The Jack purist had to thumb it down. But since this one is polite it gets more thumbs up. It has nothing to do with AUS or USA. Just the way things were worded.

BTW that factory sure looks jumping from those pictures. No wonder it is taking so long, it appears there is only one guy there to "pump" out those games. He must be really tired. Love the invisaworkers. That had me laughing for an hour straight. Maybe not seeing is believing. I do give the OP credit though for remaining so calm. If I started a thread on this topic it wouldnt be as nice

#33 5 years ago

Buff buff here, buff buff there and a couple of tra la las that's how we build the games all day in the merry old land of Oz.

#34 5 years ago

Not only do I love AUS, I have contemplated moving there! Alas, my bride is less audacious.

#35 5 years ago

Sorry- should have specified and did not mean to disrespect- My "not a big fan of Aus" stems from years of humiliating defeats watching Ashes drubbings. The WOZ and AUS just flew off the keyboard and rhymed but how are people supposed to know it's more out of cricket frustration not a verdict on a whole country.- My bad- sorry.

#36 5 years ago

There is no US vs. AUS issues here that I can see. We yanks all have a soft spot in our heart for Crocodile Dundee, miss Steve Irwin, and wish we could forget Yahoo Serious.

We are all a little wiser for this whole Bumper fiasco, and are all watching JJP very closely. There are a LOT of people on both sides of the globe that are holding onto our Hobbit deposits until we see progress on many issues, including yours. Hope you get the machines soon, and sorry for how much you all lost to Bumper.

#37 5 years ago

The young boys here will be flocking to Google on this one, but my favorite Aussies are Rod Laver, Ken Rosewall, Roy Emerson, Tony Roche, Margaret Court, and Lee Feldwick. Met all of them except Lee, and they are each extraordinary people, and great at what they did.

Carry on.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Not only do I love AUS, I have contemplated moving there! Alas, my bride is less audacious.

Damn women!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I was just there 2 weeks ago picking up some invisiglass. LOTS of folks working on the assembly line

image-969.jpg 145 KB

image-53.jpg 185 KB

I see 2 workers on the line, it's possible the black gentleman there is the same guy in the 2 pics, who just happened to change outiftis during the day.

#40 5 years ago

bronson no no.gif

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

Sorry- should have specified and did not mean to disrespect- My "not a big fan of Aus" stems from years of humiliating defeats watching Ashes drubbings. The WOZ and AUS just flew off the keyboard and rhymed but how are people supposed to know it's more out of cricket frustration not a verdict on a whole country.- My bad- sorry.

All good. Understand if it is in a sporting context....we are pretty good most of the time ;o)

Thought it might have been the pot calling the kettle black if I had of used the 'septic' term. For any of you guys that don't get it, Americans are commonly known colloquially and affectionately as 'sepos' which is short for septic, which is short for septic tank, which rhymes with Yank...it's an Aussie slang thing. e.g. a phone is known as 'the dog and bone'.

#42 5 years ago

There is a local distributor here with a couple of standards left. Has had them for quite some tmie and can't move them he said. Just picked up some stuff from him about week and a half ago and he still had them in the boxes.

I know not an LE like most are waiting for, but if anyone wants a standard those exist I suppose

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

There is a local distributor here with a couple of standards left. Has had them for quite some tmie and can't move them he said. Just picked up some stuff from him about week and a half ago and he still had them in the boxes.
I know not an LE like most are waiting for, but if anyone wants a standard those exist I suppose

If they're the "old" standards with the printed/cleared cabinet...Jack should "buy them back", slap green armor on it, and send it to an LE buyer!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I see 2 workers on the line, it's possible the black gentleman there is the same guy in the 2 pics, who just happened to change outiftis during the day.

If you look closely you can see the busy little hands of the Lollipop Guild you just can't see their heads because they are vertically challenged.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

There is no US vs. AUS issues here that I can see. We yanks all have a soft spot in our heart for Crocodile Dundee, miss Steve Irwin, and wish we could forget Yahoo Serious.
We are all a little wiser for this whole Bumper fiasco, and are all watching JJP very closely. There are a LOT of people on both sides of the globe that are holding onto our Hobbit deposits until we see progress on many issues, including yours. Hope you get the machines soon, and sorry for how much you all lost to Bumper.

Don't be knocking Yahoo Serious, he's from the same place as Hankin pinball machines.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If they're the "old" standards with the printed/cleared cabinet...Jack should "buy them back", slap green armor on it, and send it to an LE buyer!

I believe they are. He had 10 of them an d has 2 or maybe a 3rd left. And I believe they have been there for quite some time and looking up some old posts here they should be

#47 5 years ago

Top Ten reasons why that will never fly!

10.There's probably a vendor problem with the wooden aprons.

9. There's probably a problem with the accounting department regarding changing serial numbers.

8. There's probably a shortage of serial number stickers.

7. There's probably a cost issue regarding shipping coast to coast.

6. There's probably a cost issue with respect to repackaging.

5. The games probably have the old boards and need to be replaced.

4. Those games are old money, just like the LE's are old money. Jack won't buy a game at retail or wholesale when he can build new ones for cost.

3. What will JJP do with the LE cabinets he's ordered already?

2. You've waited this long, what's a few more months-ish?

And last, but not least:

1. No self-respecting anal collector would be ever satisfied with a repurposed plain jane WOZ when he ordered a NIB WOZECLE!

#48 5 years ago

How does even one standard ship before every last poor sap who pre-ordered an LE gets theirs? I'm sorry, but this has gone on and on (and on). This seems like the most fundamental question. It's disingenuous to suggest that all the early adopters simply provided "start-up" money to get help get the company going. If I paid $6500 for a game as a pre-order, I'd want the damn game very shortly after production started. It wasn't sold to the buyers as an investment into a new company. It was sold to buyers as put your money down on a pre-order and get your game. The counter-argument is always that you could get your money back if you just asked. When you're two years or three years in and your expecting the game, you want the game, not your money. Worst case scenario for JJP- they give you your money back after two years interest free. A nice reward for simply not getting the games out on time and enraging somebody over it. I wasn't even a buyer and this just steams me for those who did. I can't imagine if I had been a preorderer.

#49 5 years ago

Wow, these threads just keep coming. Get a refund and buy something that's available now. Either a WOZ in stock from dist, a NIB Stern, or several nice System 11's.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I honestly don't know how to respond to this, and am surprised that nobody else has stepped in already.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Brecksville, OH
$ 399.95
$ 16.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside