IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Man I know!!!!! The last thing in the world we/I want to be is obnoxious, or sound like a broken record.

Too late!

Sorry for your dilemma, but you are dealing with a legal matter and have nothing but a vague promise from jack which he probably should have never insinuated to.

If you want something then call jack and ask him for an actual date rather than "a few weeks". I personally think JJP should be smart and wait for whatever legal proceedings occur. It sounds to me like all dollars were between bumper and JJP. Jack would be going WELL above and beyond to give you any games without some sort of legal documentation that the bumper ordeal does not back fire and he also becomes legally obligated to return the 130k.

I think you continually coming on here is NOT getting you much fan fare. You are going about all of this the wrong way. If AUS does not allow you to deal with bumper legally then you unfortunately have a hard pill to swallow and coming on here and making demands is not going to help when technically and legally you are asking someone to go beyond the bounds of their LEGAL contract. I do not know all of the legal contracts but by the sounds of it you should be very thankful for anything you get from Jack and even more patience is required on your behalf.

#96 9 years ago

Playerone > are all impacted buyers signing some sort of legal document stating that they give up all future recourse when JJP delivers 22 games? (not sure if that would even close the books on this legally for him any way)

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I've been wondering how they are going to divide 22 games between 79 buyers.

my understanding is that they plan to sell all of them on the open market so part of the angst is that the market for WOZ is possibly turning down?

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Not a golden deal.
That price is the original dealer price to Bumper. Jack is not helping out in any way other than agreeing to ship games at the price they were originally to be purchased for, but these will not be genuine 1/1000 LEs. Jack had sold those LEs to other people while still holding deposits from Bumper on those games. In most western countries you cannot sell the same item twice to two different people as that is called f***d. But Jack did.
Jack ripped off Bumper by failing to deliver against the order and keeping the $150,000. Notwithstanding that, Bumper had spent the customers' money expecting that Jack would deliver and Bumper would pay the balance to him from cashflow over time. Jack never delivered and Bumper got found out.
Nothing will excuse Bumper's misappropriation and that company will soon fold, but what is Jack's excuse for taking the dough and promising games to two different customers of JJP (Bumper and WOZ group) and not delivering?
The best way forward is JJP makes all 76 games and ships them.

Sounds to me like Bumper paid a deposit on a bunch of games and DID NOT actually pay in full for a subset of games so they did not fullfill the obligations of the contract (I have no idea what the actual contract is/was). Huge difference from what you are claiming and how you are trying to paint this!

Some of you sure seem to have a warped sense of reality on the matter.

The way things work in the US (JJP is a US company) >> deposit paid for 77 games. Games are delivered after final payment on all 77 (or whatever the contract called for). If someone is in breach of contract (i.e. Bumper did not pay on schedule to JJP) then the other party is often releaved of obligations (i.e. JJP is free to sell those # of games elsewhere) and intial deposit dollars are to be refunded (or whatever the contract said; maybe forfieted?).

Sounds to me like Jack is being more than fair in the matter. He could still be on the hook to return the deposit money to Bumper, but is opting to still 'sell' 22 games at original dealer cost to your group of people that got screwed by bumper (keep in mind Jack could possibly end up donating these games to you if JJP ends up still being on the hook for the 130k to Bumper or those bumper owes).

What a nice guy! He should just send the 130k back to bumper and be done with this BS. You are entitled to NOTHING from jack or JJP. They have a legal obligation to bumper1 (or whatever the hell they are called).

ANYTHING Jack decides to do for you is putting himself and his company at risk of being out the 130k for those games. Do you get this?

#135 9 years ago

so go take it to Jack and off pinside! If you have not realized by now, popular opinion is that you are NOT helping your cause by continually bashing JJP in this situation>> only 3 weeks after he said to give him a few weeks and he will make things happen. If you can not see that the vast majority of people feel bad for you and the situation yet see the reality of whom owes who quite a bit differently then you need to wake up.

Jack is doing you a HUGE favor by sending you these games. It is quite simple and I am not sure if it is a societal/cultural difference btw OZ and US, but JACK does not owe you shit legally and him doing so is a pretty amazing thing. If I were him I sure would have way less incentive to help you out when you are trying to extort his reaction via blasting his PR.

Do yourself a favor. Take a deep breath, call jack and talk to him on the phone. Ask politely for a timeline of when games will be shipping and see what he says. Then keep it to yourself and give him a little extra leeway >> remember that he does not owe you ANYTHING. He had a legal commitment to bumper and not you >> sorry your laws are so messed up that you have no recourse on Bumper1.
If JJP does not deliver on the timeline he commits to then call him back and ask what is up. If things still are not progressing as promised then think about your next set of possible actions. You will likely quickly realize that you are in a no win situation and bumper is the one that screwed you. Calm yourself down again and call Jack back again to see what is up. It sucks, but blasting JJP over this situation is not doing anyone any help currently.

Your only card to play is that you will try your best to cause a PR nightmare for Jack if he does not deliver. You are playing that card VERY premature and hence leave little incentive for JJP to deliver anything.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I would be raising hell if I sent someone 9K, and it just disappeared.
*No skin in this game, and all the above is, like, my opinion, man.

I would be doing a whole lot more than raising hell, but i would be doing it with the guy that stole my 9k and not someone further down the line.

It is like putting a down payment on a new truck with the local dealer, he folds and then you go blast ford on the internet and demand your truck. Frankly it is mind boggling to me. Why has bumper not been dealt with legally or otherways?

#147 9 years ago

Well to be more accurate, it would be like paying the down payment for 79 cars and NOT the entirety of 22.

In other words, the manufacturer was expecting 79 sales at a price negotiated based on that total number. They now are being told they have to deliver 22 at that same wholesale price or else.

My point being that the beef is with the original seller and not the manufacturer.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Taking care of our Aussie pinball boys should be the #1 priority for JJP and it is clearly not.

Taking care of games actually paid in full should be priority #1, regardless of where they are located.

#284 9 years ago

JJP should just send the legal representative 130k and be done with all this. I am guessing that unfortunately you will complain if he does that...

#450 9 years ago

Is it bad that the more I see this thread, the more I hope all the Aussies EXCEPT playerone get their WOZ???

#455 9 years ago

I still think you would be better off to start a daily log of events as previously suggested.

Let reality do the talking...
for example
Day 1 > Jack promises pictures of 22 OZ machines being made in a "few weeks"
Day x > been a "few weeks" called JJP, no response
Day x > emailed Jen, told X
Day x > called Jack, did not answer

This will help document the situation and possibly help you. The way you are going about things is NOT helping your cause. Trust me, as a guy that is often very bad at the internet and poor at putting thoughts into text, there are mulitple ways to skin this cat and the vast majority have a much better chance of getting your desired end result compared to what you are currently doing.

#568 9 years ago

sounds to me like there is a resolution at this time.

I would suggest it is best for playerone to request this thread now be locked. He can always open a new one to update on how the legal proceedings are happening on the OZ end and then what happens.

Sounds like there is a clear path forward and any furtehr comments at this time will likely do nothing but hurt both sides.

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol...really???
Simple.
The "right thing" is to do what you PROMISE!
JJP promised to build 22 games back in the Fall.
He promised (very publicly here) again about a month ago.
Either DO what you PROMISE, or
Don't PROMISE what you cant DO.
How can this be simpler? It might be sadder that folks don't "get" this concept either.....

alternative is to admit you overstepped your boundaries and correct it by being explicitly clear on what the plan is going forward and then make good on that plan.

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Remember guys the Paypal Fighting Fund is [email protected]
I donated $1,000 to help the guys and it seems the Legal fees will increase.
Where is Timothy Fraileich when you need him.

you mean >> where are ek77 and lowepg and mrgone when you need them.

WOZ haters should be lining up to donate. Granted they will probably want some clarifiaction on what all dontaions will be used for.

#718 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

That aside, this issue should transcend all that. Everyone here should be supportive of fellow pinheads that paid their hard-earned cash for pinball machines and are now fighting for some restitution.

I am fully in support of them going after the person that ACTUALLY stole their money, Bumper.

I would happily donate to the cause if that is what was actually going on.

Playerone has had a nice change of tone currently but I still stand by the fact that JJP owes noone but the person that paid them, bumper > or the legal entitiy representing the 79 WOZ debitors. I hope for their needed resolution they are able to get their legal ducks in a row and then JJP can safely and legally give them back their cash.

This whole thing is a mess for everyone involved and yet another blow to JJP, but the witch hunt that this started as was never the right way to go about it.

#797 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

You don't think a LOTR Vault Edition would eat into Hobbit (pre)sales?
All I'm saying is that Gary potentially has the power to disrupt JJP if he decides to go the cutthroat route.
Given the history between them, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility.

Very unlikely. Still lots of nice condition HUO and clean LOTR for sale for the same that they would need to sell LOTRve. Unless demand for LOTR magically increases and prices go up anothier 1500 then it does not appear a 5k NIB LOTR will sell all that well.

IMve was able to happen due to the supply/demand of IM.

#812 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

then he comes on here and says that he should just donate it to charity since he doesn't know who should get it.

stop taking it out of context and go back and read it...

2 weeks later
#1049 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Good luck with that Scott. Truly.
But call me a cynic, methinks JJP will set up an agreement with you to seem like it's all being sorted out (like all previous conversations and promises), and then will find reasons not to make the games just yet until all other machines are made and paid for incl Ruby WOZ, AULE and outstanding orders for standards. They will schmooze you and reassure you while making sure they have a back door, and they'll use it.
I expect you will find some "get out" clauses in case something comes up that supposedly leaves JJP exposed somehow. Look for clauses that would allow JJP not to make your games for any reason at all ie potential liability if any other Oz Woz buyer not in your group decides to take some action.
JJP need to know this is the end of their line for stringing out Aussie WOZ buyers for 3 and a half years.
If JJP don't deliver this time, there is still one more thing you can do to get Jack's real attention.

arn't you part of the original company that was the start of all this????

#1062 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Anyway fellas, what I'm saying is I hope Scotty can pull it off but I fear Jack will just use the lawyers' involvement to buy himself some more time and excuses.

Best chances of their success would be for you to extricate yourself from this thread and ANY discussions on the matter.

You may then also have the free time needed to work on the bigger project of extricating your head from your ass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.