IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Guys Agree or Disagree
This Bumper Mess is a nightmare, However he is a WOZ Buyer and customer and has just as much rights as people who received or are waiting for games who comment in other threads.
As the man himself said a few weeks thats July 6th, 22 games packed and ready to ship in a week will clear this mess up.
Until then keep flippin

Could not agree more with this post. OP isn't breaking any rules here. Just keep it respectful gang.

1 week later
#473 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

1. Jack has recently acquired equity partners.

I thought this deal did not come through?

#514 9 years ago

So, I'm not the mod who changed it but I understand why it was changed and I should have changed it. Personal call out threads are not allowed. Changing the title took out the personal call out nature of the thread title, though this entire thread is still a call out thread - that said I'm not closing it at this time.

#527 9 years ago

Man, I don't see how these two posts from JJP can be reconciled together (though I agree that legally concursing the money with a court may be the best legal approach for JJP to take even though it is totally different from what was said a month ago - I would place the money in registry of a court if I were him as well based on everything I have read here). I almost feel like I should close this thread because this is about to pour out negativity from everyone and I'd rather Pinside not be involved in this dispute at all right now.

I'll leave it open for now and monitor the thread but try and minimize the negativity guys...we all can read and see the issue...no reason to lash out with bashing...

#529 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

this is gonna get interesting real quick. i have a feeling not much work is going to get done today unfortunetely

And I came to work early this morning too! LOL

#532 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

it very well may be the best way, but there is several people on here, who are going to be angry at this decision.

I couldn't agree more...

#540 9 years ago

You know, actually, what the heck...I'm in...

popcorn gif.gifpopcorn gif.gif

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

My question is, and maybe one of you legal eagles can answer it, why didnt the liquidators lay claim to this?

I don't think any of us gringo lawyers can answer that question or even really speculate on it. Could be a legal issue. Could be corruption. Who knows.

#906 9 years ago

I think an even more pertinent question then who will still be here in five years is which of those ten companies will get their first game Into full production at all.

Stern obviously is in full production. Planetary almost assuredly will go to full production since Stern is doing the production. JJP has a produced a lot of games (1,500 or so with standards?) and will almost assuredly finish the WOZLE run.

Who else will complete full production of their first game?

#956 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Are you serious? Jack had letters threatening suit sent out for people saying that the machine sucked on RGP.

Really? Anyone have a scanned copy? That is surprising to hear.

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I thought this was common knowledge. There is a reason why guys in the industry drop hints and stop shy of saying things. Bryan Kelly all but said the cabinets weren't being delayed because the cabinet maker **couldn't** make them. I think it's pretty easy to infer he **wouldn't** make them. I may have read that wrong but I don't believe so.

I don't visit RGP anymore these days (haven't been there in a couple years now that I think about it), so if the discussion has been had there I missed it. I've now seen the letter, I'm surprised on a few levels by it.

#988 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I can't believe that you are only now hearing about that.

I don't think that letter was discussed before here on Pinside, if it was I just missed the discussion entirely (or have forgotten about it, also possible). Because I'm not a WOZ owner and don't have a dog in the fight my interest in the WOZ threads is really not all that high . . . I just read them since I have to moderate them and they contain most of the fighting and trolling here on Pinside.

I was more than slightly surprised to read that letter though. Having an attorney threaten (or insinuate that they can tag) someone with damages (including lost profits) could backfire horrifically . . . that's a great way for a company to get itself dragged into court in jurisdictions that are foreign to them but the home of the recipient of the letter.

Just for example: anyone feel like defending themselves against a $74,999 extortion lawsuit in state district court in Cameron Parish, Louisiana, population 4,000 people? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Parish,_Louisiana Gotta be careful where you have lawyers send demand letters and not fire those things off haphazardly.

3 weeks later
#1217 9 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

- post removed -

Link to some sort of evidence this is true or your account will be frozen. If it is true your account may stay, but we want proof this is not just a troll statement to rile people up as it appears to be.

#1221 9 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

Subject to legal opinion we will get you the complaint number and state and venue.

PM it to me as verification please. I am an attorney myself and will check it out. Frankly you shouldn't need a legal opinion to give me the case number and location/venue as that is public record, but that is between you and your attorney.

#1242 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Jack is putting the finishing touches on the agreement with his attorney today. He has agreed to build 3 machines a week slipping them into his current schedule. He wants all machines to be shipped by the start of November. Our job now is to get everything signed off for Jack then it all systems go.

Great news. Thanks for the update.

#1248 9 years ago

Robin is now in charge of this matter directly and it is around 5am his time. He will handle in the am.

1 month later
#1394 9 years ago

What are the features of the rescue editions? Different trim?

2 weeks later
#1435 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

How many of the original purchasers will be keeping theirs?

I think the answer is zero as there are not enough for each person they will all be sold. The question then would be how many will be repurchased by original purchasers; my guess is that answer is most of them.

Glad this is working out. Any updates on how ya'll are coming getting the signatures?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 16.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.