IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#331 9 years ago

I'm just trying to figure out who he is going to send the games to. Maybe he will send them to http://www.facebook.com/Rockbartheater/info

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Indeed! He should deliver the machines he's been paid for.

To whom? I just can't understand how any remedy other than the initial $130K is going to work out. And we know that's not coming. Who will be the great arbiter of compensation to those who have been ripped off? Will Jack send the machines to you, OP?

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We see that there is some "plan" to sell these games and get the money and do what with it? Give it to who? Why?
The $120k may as well be donated to a Children's Hospital and do some real good.
We were legally advised to place the $120k in an account with the State of New Jersey and have the rightful owners come and claim it.

Have you done this?

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from silverballaus:

Logistics of this has already been worked out, not an issue. Getting the machines built and sent is.

I want an apology.

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol...really???
Simple.
The "right thing" is to do what you PROMISE!
JJP promised to build 22 games back in the Fall.
He promised (very publicly here) again about a month ago.
Either DO what you PROMISE, or
Don't PROMISE what you cant DO.
How can this be simpler? It might be sadder that folks don't "get" this concept either.....

And then someone with some sense told him to put the money in escrow. To whom should the 20 gamse be given in your opinion? Jack said in this very thread that there is no responsible party and the only option is to put the money in escrow which apparently he hasn't done.

#615 9 years ago

All I can say is that you Aussies that have been ripped off should make separate claims against JJP in New Jersey courts and force them to put the money in an escrow account. Then you can give a lawyer half of what you've got coming from that fund to get it in hand. All other ideas are from dreamers who don't know how the legal system works.

JJP will do absolutely nothing until they are forced to.

#623 9 years ago

Contact a lawyer in Jack's local jurisdiction and have him send a demand letter for refund in full or threaten to form a class that will sue for punitive damages. Problem as solved as it can be for the first couple of victims to do it.

I can't believe that I am the only person who knows this on this board.

#625 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I should be your math teacher. That's $30,000 in interest.
My bank is Stoneham savings in Stoneham, MA. My money sits in their special savings account collecting 5% interest.
My suggestion....find a better bank bro.

Wrong and wrong. If your bank is giving you 5% on savings, I'll eat my hat.

#661 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

They would be dismissed as not having standing to file claim. The only party that could file a claim against JJP would be Bumper, and Bumper ain't around.

Wrong. JJP is culpable because they selected Bumper to act as their agent.

They were negligent in an improper vetting of their sole distributor. Perhaps you would be correct if many others were taking deposits in Oz.

Standing is a trick most often used by organizations like the government when corrupt judges (who are paid by the very same government) protect their cronies. Most often a claim of "lack of standing" can be disproven by a civil rights violation, but since the government is generally criminal, your rights mean exactly jack shit.

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from silverballaus:

For what? I preordered 2 machines over 3 years ago, am part of the WOZ action group and was part of the phone hook up over 1 year ago when we were promised the games. We had advised and forwarded all information of Aussie buyers then.

So riddle me this, batman. Who is to take shipment of the 22 games, sell them and then divvy the money. Is Jack lying when he says there is no one to ship the games to? What kind of people would have ever agreed to take games instead of money? Do you have anything resembling an agreement as a result of your phone hook up, or were you the one on the line? I can see where the only person who would agree to this would be the person receiving the games. Is that supposed to be you? What percent are you expecting to recover?

Jack said in the post that he doesn't know who to ship the games to. You said it's all been settled. Who is going to take possession of the games from JJP?

I'm trying to be sympathetic here, but the nonsense is wearing me out. And yes, the business practices of JJP is my business because I am hoping to buy a Hobbit, but because of BS like the Bumper debacle, I won't even consider any sort of prepayment.

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who gets the games?
Who stores the games?
Who sells the games?
Who's in charge of the money?
Who's going to sell games to whoever wants's one?
Who's in charge of accounting?
Who can sign a legal document?
Who can speak for EVERYONE?

Apparently SilverballAUS.

It's the elephant in the room. No one wants to admit that JJP spent the ill-gotten gain and doesn't have the ability to wash their hands of it. Just like no one wants to admit that the WOZLE buyers have been taken for a ride. I guess the true believers are betting against being stiffed with an unsecured loan in a reorganization. I really don't know how a single person can be comfortable waiting for their prepaid machine at this point.

1 week later
#929 9 years ago

I thought stern was producing MMr

1 week later
#1052 9 years ago

I hope they send a couple of saws with those 22 machines. I'm still curious who will receive, sell and divvy the proceeds since there are 3 times as many victims as machines.

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

..The meeting was to decide on what elements Jack needed written into the agreement so to tick all his boxes and give him confidence he won't be persued by any WOZ groupers after he sends the promised 22 machines. ..

Who is going to receive the games? You?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.