IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playerone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

Hi, a bit over 3 weeks ago I started a thread explaining the finer details of the Bumper collapse and the fact that Jack has $130,000 of Aussie WOZ money in his pocket. I'm pasting the link so you can read up to the point where the thread was closed. The bottom line was that Jack came on the thread and publicly announced that the machines will be sent in a few weeks and he would post pictures of them being built as proof. To date we have received, heard or seen nothing. No updates no pictures. ZERO.
You still have our money Jack, we still have nothing. What's the going on Jack Guarnieri?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-machines-jack-guarnieri

Post edited by moderator: Replaced personal name to company name in topic title.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

The link of the thread that was locked said something about locking the thread till July 6th and revisiting it then. I can understand the frustration but if you reference a thread that the conclusion of the thread says let's revisit July 6th why not wait till July 6th to revisit?

That is a random request from a Pinsider and should not get in the way of Jacks promised updates and photos. He said a "few weeks" and it's been a few weeks. Time for an update Jack.

#11 9 years ago

Never count you chickens until they've hatched good man. Jack needs to prove he is unscoundrel like.
Part of proving that is his promised updates and photos. We have seen nothing. The "few weeks" was to have the machines finished, updates and photo should have been shown within the "few weeks" timeframe.

#19 9 years ago

Why lock it? This is Jack's forum to show he's doing what he said he would do.
It's easy to sit back and make jokes when your not sitting on a 9k loss.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Dude - your getting obnoxious - pinside ain't jacks forum for anything - pick up the phone or email him. I would not blame him if he ignores you personally the way you come across.

Man I know!!!!! The last thing in the world we/I want to be is obnoxious, or sound like a broken record. But this is the lengths you have to go to get anything out of JJP. To answer a couple of questions.

Multiple threads- because the other one was closed for no reason.
Contact Jack directly - We have done this, you wouldn't believe the amount of correspondence and late night phone calls.
Lawsuits- there is no law suits happening in Australia or the US.
The reason we are pushing on a forum like Pinside as it's kind of last resort to apply pressure on a guy that has made a lot of promises but delivered nothing. And it has worked, Jack has publicly announced he's going to be building and sending 22 machines for the $130,000 he's was paid in 2012. Talking to the guy in private gets you nowhere, he responds to being outed. It's as simple as that. All we want now are updates and photos that he promised for the machines he said he would send in a few weeks three weeks ago.

If Jack was a man of his word you wouldn't be reading any of this.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I can't even believe people are telling you not to post. The level of this screw up for our industry is huge. It needs to be out there until resolved so everyone gets it!

Hopefully lessons will be learnt here by manufacturers from this case that will benefit every member. No longer can truths be hidden from the larger audience. They can be held accountable by the court of public opinion.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I am one of the unlucky bumper customers and I paid $11k for my WOZ which was never delivered. I have since bought one direct from JJP and can say that Jack was a great guy to deal with. He was sympathetic to our loss I believe he will make good on his promise to send the 22 machines that were paid for.
I do not agree with the OP in bringing this to a public forum and think that this course of action is detrimental to our cause rather than good.

Yep , great guy! He's only got about 3k of the 11k you paid Bumper still in his possession.
Look at this how you guys will. All the negotiations by WF with Jack went nowhere and ended in broken delivery dates over and a over again. WF have applauded taking public action. I'm not expecting delivery within 3 weeks, Just the promised photos and updates of the machines being built. One guy on here said he saw Australian marked WOZ's! Great! Then why doesn't Jack post the pictures like he said he would? Just more broken promises.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

read all his posts in an Austrailian accent and it makes it even more entertaining.
i do feel for him tho

As much as that amuses me as well, this is no laughing matter. Our old mate Jacks done the Harold Holt with our folding stuff! How much can a koala bear. I bet all you fellas would be banging the drum just as loud if you got ripped off 9k. A portion off which is still in the hands of oil can Harry.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Where will the 22 games be shipped? Who will get them?
If the games go to the bankrupt entity, it seems that secured creditors get the assets before UN-secured.

Jack has agreed to send the 22 games for the 130k he got from Bumper to the affected 79 buyer called the WOZ fund. It is headed by 3 of the affected buyers. He agreed to this in November 2013 with the supply date of March 2014.
From a lot of the negativity Im copping, it would seem people think it's ok for Jack to be the beneficiary of 130k because Bumper folded. He was left holding a golden egg. Good luck to him then I suppose. Aaaaahhhh and before anyone says it again, he's not being tied up by any legal roadblock. He agreed to make and send the machines that's proof enough, he's not going to risk someone down the track coming after him for money after he's sent 22 machines to Aus. And again I'm just after updates from him on here like he promised, not expecting machines in three weeks.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from woka:

Initially, I think all Australian purchases were direct with JJ. Only after a time did JJ appoint an Australian distributor, being Bumper. There was quite an outcry on the local Australian forums that such an agreement had been reached, and I believe JJ referred all his orders across to his newly appointed distributor.! The locals knew of Bumpers history and full stop didn't want to deal with Bumper, but in a sense they were forced to..

This is 100% correct.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

You know what I found interesting that these guys that have been ripped off by whoever have only come on the pinside forum to bag out JJ, how about instead of using a forum you have never supported before you take some of your Woz funded money you have and send someone to the USA to go and personally meet with JJ and hear it from the horses mouth, its not the Aussie way to bag a bloke out we normally do things man to man.

Just for the record, how much money did you lose? Man. How much of your money has Jack had for 3 years? Man.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Thank you. This is it in a nutshell
Again, my heart bleeds for anyone who lost money, but frankly JJP is nuts for giving you 22 games to sell. Bumpers' creditors are going to come after JJP for the deposit, and JJP is going to be out the machines. It's beyond gracious for him to go out on this limb for the people that lost, to risk flushing away 130,000 bucks, and then he gets publicly condemned for doing so. You guys kill me.

Bumpers administrator has wiped their hands of this. There is no ongoing action from creditors. Do you seriously think Jack would position himself where he would agree to build and ship 22 machines if he didn't first do some serious groundwork on where he stands legally?
Bumper 1 is dead and buried, soon to be followed by Bumper 2.
Get this. Jacks not doing anyone favours. He's not out of pocket. He has in fact like so many other here and in the US been doing quite well from the interest free loans we have given him. He can't send 130k back because there's no one to send it too.
So his option are -
1.do the right thing and build the machines he's been paid for .(this is not being a hero by the way).
2. Keep the money for himself and risk unknown PR damage to his company.
He has choose option 1. He has said he will be showing proof that things are underway. That's all we want to see.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

Good idea. Jack....when are you coming down to Australia to sort this out man to man and explain to your Australian customers WTF went wrong?

Even though Jack can't be held responsible for Bumpers failings, he has never acknowledged the situation either personally or publicly until 4 weeks ago.

His handling of the affair has been a major contributor to the angst amongst those affected.

He sold us the dream based on his enthusiasm for pinnies that matched our own. His charisma and passion helped us make the decision to pay large sums of money for a product that was at that point one mans dream.

For WOZ Buyers in Australia that dream has turned into a nightmare. I started this thread so Jack could provide the promised updates and photos of the 22 machines he said he was building immediately. It seems to again been bogged down in trench warfare of opinions. Understandably, many of those opinions coming from people who haven't lost a cent.

The only thing that matters now is Jacks decision. He has decided to supply 22 games and stated this publicly on Pinside. Jack please provide promised photos and updates.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so go take it to Jack and off pinside! If you have not realized by now, popular opinion is that you are NOT helping your cause by continually bashing JJP in this situation>> only 3 weeks after he said to give him a few weeks and he will make things happen. If you can not see that the vast majority of people feel bad for you and the situation yet see the reality of whom owes who quite a bit differently then you need to wake up.
Jack is doing you a HUGE favor by sending you these games. It is quite simple and I am not sure if it is a societal/cultural difference btw OZ and US, but JACK does not owe you shit legally and him doing so is a pretty amazing thing. If I were him I sure would have way less incentive to help you out when you are trying to extort his reaction via blasting his PR.
Do yourself a favor. Take a deep breath, call jack and talk to him on the phone. Ask politely for a timeline of when games will be shipping and see what he says. Then keep it to yourself and give him a little extra leeway >> remember that he does not owe you ANYTHING. He had a legal commitment to bumper and not you >> sorry your laws are so messed up that you have no recourse on Bumper1.
If JJP does not deliver on the timeline he commits to then call him back and ask what is up. If things still are not progressing as promised then think about your next set of possible actions. You will likely quickly realize that you are in a no win situation and bumper is the one that screwed you. Calm yourself down again and call Jack back again to see what is up. It sucks, but blasting JJP over this situation is not doing anyone any help currently.
Your only card to play is that you will try your best to cause a PR nightmare for Jack if he does not deliver. You are playing that card VERY premature and hence leave incentive for JJP to deliver anything.

How do you think we got to the stage of having Jack agree to building and shipping 22 machines? Do you think that was done through mind signals? There has been untold amount of conversation, your implying you have knowledge of matters you know nothing about. Machines were due here in March and Jack has ceased conversation with WOZ group for timeframes. This is before this thread! There's nothing premature here.

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I can't wait for thread part 3. Rumor has it that it's gonna be in 3D!

Hopefully it will contain pictures of our sweet pins rolling off the assembly line bound for Oz!

#155 9 years ago

The Walking Dead. Stern rolls on. We wait.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

You guys make it sound like your 22 machines are the only machines that haven't been delivered yet. There are others waiting as well.

I can totally relate to your predicament bearsfan, you have waited, been given dates, been disappointed that those dates have past and still you wait. We have that in common. If you could add to your frustration the fact that you have had your money stolen from your distributor and the manufacturer has agreed to make you a machine that he has been paid for but he then ignores you and every attempt to contact him. Then, then Bearsfan your frustration may just reach a tipping point where you reach for a last resort by trying to garner the support of the larger pinball community to help drive a message to the manufacturer that you are here and your not going to fade away. You want action.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm still waiting but I still support Jack. Nothing he's done makes me doubt his integrity.

You do realise he's using you and your money for an interest free loan don't you?

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

Does that matter? My bank is also using my money to loan out to other people and make money off of, but I don't expect them to pay me 4% interest.
I parked money on a pinball machine, and I'm disappointed that it hasn't arrived yet, but why would I begrudge him for earning interest on it while he's getting to my order? I'd be kind of pissed if he kept it on the sidelines since that's the mark of a poor businessman.

If you ordered early your money is parked in the factory fit out. You better just hope enough standards keep being made and the ship stays afloat before he gets to yours. Your money has most certainly not been paid to WIRING LOOM sub contractors.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

If I still had my pre-order in, I would be livid if any of the bumper games were made and shipped before the remaining Fully Paid Years Ago LE's were all shipped. Wouldn't surprise me, but would seriously piss me off. /blockquote>

As far as I'm aware, all of the machines ordered through Bumper were ECLE's. Many paid in full and most by mid 2012. I understand it's hard to absorb all the facts in this case without reading the thread from the start. But be assured there would be no queue jumping here. To make matters worse,Jack, instead of trying to contact the affected buyers and working something out, as soon as Bumper collapsed he just turned around and resold all our allocated ECLE's twice. That's why we now have the Australian LE version. Will we ever see it? Who knows. A simple update would be nice Jack. You know.......like you said.

#234 9 years ago

Please provide promised photo's of machines being built Jack. This will only take 15mins out of your day but go a long way in restoring confidence in your company.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please stfu! Ask him. Pull your panties off and quit whining
And pop a top down under and plow a few Fosters down!

No one drinks Fosters mate. Young Henry's. Certainly not Fosters. Foster is about as tasteful as your comments.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Took me 30sec to upload this one.

WP_20140520_16_55_10_Pro.jpg 252 KB

Maybe Jack uses a film camera? He might have to take the film to the drug store for developing.
This would explain why we haven't seen his promised photos!
Or then again, maybe he just makes so many broken promises it just doesn't matter to him anymore.
Who knows?

#251 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Cat piss or not - I like Foster's....Heck, maybe I just like beer.

I just want Jack to get these games made and sent to Australia. Then we can all have a laugh and blow the froth off a couple!!! Fosters is Australia 1980's. We've come a long long way since then. Young Henry's or Willie the Boatman.
PICTURES JACK!!! Or it didn't happen.

#270 9 years ago

<blockquote cite="#1757309"
The OP has also stated that they have tried to resolve this in private with Jack but it has gone nowhere. Does this mean they just have to sit quietly in the corner until JJP provides the games that they hold the money for? Why is the OP expected to just keep asking nicely and quietly and why do so many people vehemently defend JJP when there is a history of deadlines that JJP has failed to meet? When does JJP become accountable for this? I can’t think of any other businesses I have seen where this is not only tolerated but defended.

This is exactly right, Jacks doing no one a favour by sending 22 games, he's been f@cking paid for them!
In fact, we've done him one enormous favour effectively giving him a 130k interest free loan for two years. His options again are to build and ship the machines he's been paid for and show us a few pictures like he said he would, or keep the money, send nothing like he has to date and forever been known as one of the biggest pinball crooks of all time.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seems like it would be a whole lot easier to just get the money back and divide it up rather than getting machines and having to sell them.

He can't, there's no one to send it too. Bumper is gone and the administrators finished with the case.The idea of getting the machines is that we can sell them for more than 130k so there will be more money to split up to minimise our losses overall. Again, Jacks not doing any massive favours, we shouldn't have to tippy toe around and live in fear of upsetting him. He should wake up to himself, start communicating like any other respectable business would, not some shonky backyard used car salesmen that he turning out to be.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Playerone will you at least say the mess is not Jacks fault but rather Bumper's.
In regards to 130k interest free loan, there are hundreds of people in the same boat. Not just the Aussie 79. ( I am not a fan of this preorder caper and do not defend it)
I am still puzzled how the hell the machines are going to sell and have the money divided up. I really think no one has thought this through.
What is going to be the selling price?, who is holding the money?, when will it be divided?, etc
I feel for all of you guys but seriously rethink this selling and divide the money idea.

Bumper folding was not Jacks fault and I have never said it was. Jack made plenty of delivery date broken promises to Bumper that if were kept things may have turned out differently. We will never know. You have to remember, WOZ orders to Bumper were made around the peak of the Limited Edition sales tactic hysteria that had at the time been recently started by Stern. So the fear of missing out on the grail model made many pay up front for a thought bubble. Jack then hits a few unseen hurdles, dates keep being pushed back. Bumper aren't making enough regular sales so they start dipping into the WOZ deposit money to pay for everyday running costs. They did however send 150k to Jack, $130 of which he still has.
The machine will be sold at full retail which is around $10,000 I think. So if we get $220,000 that then get divided between 79 people. Not evenly of course, someone who has paid in full might get $4k and someone who has paid $2500 might get $900. There is finer detail on this and I'm just giving a rough example. Although no one will be getting anything if Jack keeps money and send a nothing.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Did the 79 people all sign something that says jack can send the 22 games to one person who will be responsible for selling and distrubuting the cash after what will be another longer process of selling 22 games at top dollar? That sounds like what will amount to the next thread. Jack gave our 22 games to someone that not all 79 people agree with holding them.

It was a group vote and happened in November last year after Jack agreed to the deal.

Quoted from Mato:

So if you have already paid in full for a woz and been stung by bumper....... then you are given an option to rebuy again at $10,000
So you end up out laying $20,000 for a Woz you might have more legal action from the people that have paid in full if they don't get one of those machines.
If those 22 machines that JJ is sending are for the full paying woz people then you might have to check the legality of it all as their sent with the intention of filling those full payments orders.

No you don't pay 20k. If you buy a machine from the group, depending how much you originally paid you will still be receiving your share of the 22 sale proceeds. You might end up having to pay 15k for your WOZ. The choice will be up to the individual.

I'm glad this thread has been able to shed some light on the back story of this mess. I'm sure this whole situation would have been the last thing Jack wanted to happen. He's probably learnt many a lesson through this process, even for someone with such a deep industry experience. I still think he means well, although he's only going to be damaging his brand further by not acknowledging the one thing that allows his business to exist. His customers.
If you treat your customers with disrespect and contempt. It's a downward spiral. No promised updates. Pictures or it didnt happen. Nothing.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JJP should just send the legal representative 130k and be done with all this. I am guessing that unfortunately you will complain if he does that...

I'm pretty sure I'm not drawing a long bow on this, but I would say he hasn't got 130k to send back. If he did, there wouldn't be so many people waiting on ECLE's in the States. At least he's stopped taking deposits on TH. that could save some tears.

#317 9 years ago

4 weeks and 1 day ago Jack said he would be sending our machines in a "few" weeks. There's no way this was going to happen. What could and should have happened was the promised production photos. As many have stated in this thread, it only takes a few minutes to take a couple of photos and post them. As Jack said himself "no photos or it's not happening". So we can now safely say its NOT happening.

We can now safely say Jack Guarnieri is a LIAR.

Big problem for pinball now.

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Unfortunately he is ruining it for the rest of us as well. Totally selfish.

Nothing stopping you Paul from starting your own thread, raving about how happy you are about being lied too, having promise after promise broken, and loving the fact your're out of pocket several thousand dollars that Jack owes you, that he agreed to make right. Or you could stand firm. We've have been more than patient. It will be a year before you know it since Jack agreed to the WOZ group arrangement. Surely you don't believe in fairies in the back garden? This threads not going to stop him sending machines, he was never going to send them anyway.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

In all fairness the "pictures or it never happened" is a direct quote from Jack himself.

That being said i do agree the OP could communicate his message better. Although i completely agree with his right to voice his message and understand his frustration with JJP and another broken promise. The simple fact is that this thread would not even exist if Jack had done what he said he would and simply post some pics of the machines being built. It would have been a simple gesture to show things are going in the right direction. Or Jack could have even jumped into the thread again to explain why the pics haven't appeared.

Thank you.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm in the minority as I think this thread is warranted and I pray Jack will come through, because if he d doesn't then none of us should ever buy a game from him. Fortunately, I have confidence that JJP will make right.
Remember it takes JJP a bit to make games and to make 22 may take longer than 3 weeks.

Thanks for the support, Jacks had since November 2013 to make these 22 games. The arrival date was supposed to be March this year.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I was checking JJ Facebook and thought maybe pm him or post on there......... there is no mention of this problem on his Facebook.

I've been banned from JJP pinball Facebook. After many emails and phone calls I got the shits and wrote this on his FB page. This is the honest truth and I'm not exaggerating a word
I commented about a year ago-

"I've lost thousand of dollars on a WOZ pinball machine in Australia, JJP are doing nothing to help".

His respond within 15 mins was to ban me from commenting and sending me a message saying-

" don't write shit like this on our Facebook page".

So that's where making comments on JJP Facebook gets you. Absolutely nowhere. He reads all of this stuff, he would be watching this thread like an eagle circling above. Hi Jack!!!!!!! How about the promised updates and photo old son???? Won't take long. Click, click, post. Happy days.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I don't blame him for banning you from his facebook page, it a marketing tool not a place to air grievances.
Like the fact or not, Jack is doing us a favour and if you keep this crap up, he may decide not to.
As I said before, I will blame you if we don't get the 22 machines.

Ok then. And if Jack is sparked into action through being outed as a liar and sends the machines to avoid any more PR damage. Will you agree not to accept one or any revenue retrieved because it was gained through this course of action?

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

The thing is, he didn't have to do anything. He has Bumpers money, not ours, Bumper took that. That Bumper no longer exists.
Jack agreed to send us 22 machines which he didn't have to do so that in my book constitutes a favour and when someone is doing you a favour, calling him names is not the best course of action.

Call it a favour, call it what ever you want. The fact is it's nothing if he hasn't done anything about it.
His "favour" was agreed to in November last year. His "favour" was supposed to be here in March.
Maybe if you stop calling this a favour and call it what it really is "LIES and more LIES" then he might just be shamed enough into action. You can sugarcoat things and call them. "Broken Promises" or you can call them what they are. LIES. "I'm posting photos" "machines will ship in a few weeks". LIES.

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Give it a rest. This is not the way to get anyone to do anything or you will cost us all any chance of getting anything out of this mess. You are just making things worse. He said he would send the games, and someone on here has said they saw games addressed to Aussie. Be patient.

So again, seeings you so vehemently oppose this course of action. If it does indeed wield results, will you forfeit any revenues due too you? I only ask this as you have called me out saying you will "lay the blame squarely on me if Jack sends nothing" .

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Don't be silly, would you?

Of course I would, because I have conviction in what I believe in and what I think is right. I think it is right for Jack to stop playing games, stop lying, and do what he said he was going to do 4 weeks ago on Pinside, and that is build these machines we are owed and post picture and updates of that happening.
None of that has happened, I can only think now that he's not building because he "can't".
This is scary not just for us but anyone who he owes anything too!

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Quite simply, I am in that position. I am one of the 79 who lost their money after paying for my WOZ in full. I am not defending Jack and I do want to get something out of this but just don't think calling Jack a thief and a liar is the way to go about it.

Of course and I would totally agree with this in November 2013. And for awhile we compensated the truth calling them "broken promises" and basically covering for him because it kept our hopes alive.
But that time has passed, I'm know calling him for what I see him as. Not Jersey Jack but
Lying Jack.

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

If we do get the machines, you will never convince me that you calling Jack a thief and a liar was the reason we got them.

And if we don't you will never convince me my actions caused that. This is on Jacks head no one else's.

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

And thanks to you we certainly have a better chance of not getting them.

If we don't get these machines, it won't be because of this thread. It will be because JJP is broke and can't build them.
He can't just not make these 22 machines now because he got upset by someone's rant on a web forum. If he does do that. How much credibility do you think he would have left out of the almost zero he has now?
No frikin way, he's been paid, he has our what's left of our money, he's not doing favours. If he's not broke and he doesn't send the machines he most certainly is a thief.

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

he has 22 machines that were paid for, he promised updates and pictures, and has gone silent. What else can these guys do?

I've got a pretty good idea why he is so silent but it would scare the pants off anyone with outstanding orders!
Also I'm not here to speculate, I'm just here to to hold Jack accountable to what I 100% know is fact. He's got 130k, he's promised to supply 22 machines for this payment, he told us all he will proving that he's doing this by posting build photos and updates. That was a month ago. Lying Jack has delivered nothing but a bunch of false hopes and lies to the people who helped fund this garbage situation.

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

why should jack deliver someone a WOZ when this Person did not payed it to him
the Money must go to the Australien court when they want it
i would not deliver a Client a game, this is not allowed by the law

Indeed! He should deliver the machines he's been paid for.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is it bad that the more I see this thread, the more I hope all the Aussies EXCEPT playerone get their WOZ???

If Jack made a condition that he would send the games as long as I didnt get a piece of it, nothing would make me happier. There are a lot of people doing it tough because of this, emotionally and financially.

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

I hate to continue to feed the beast this thread has become, but consider the following:
1. Jack has recently acquired equity partners.
2. This indicated JJP likely needed a little fiscal help.
3. The Aussie $130k was likely spent since he brought in equity partners.
4. JJP does not legally have to repay a cent until a court tells him so. It us possible a court will never order him to do so.
5. Jack has said he wants to ship machines to repay the debt in moral grounds.
6. Jacks equity partners likely disagree without a court order.
7. Jack could be stuck and needs profits to entice his equity partners to support what they may view as a foolish gift.
8. Threads bashing JJP are scaring away prospective buyers...WoZ and Hobbit.
9. This would cost JJP profits and the very leverage he is trying to use against his equity partners.
10. If JJP equity partners don't agree, the games never ship.
Not saying I have inside info but this appears to be a very reasonable, and I think likely scenario. JJP success is the likeliest scenario to help the Aussies get their machines. Bashing may be hurting the cause we all are rooting for.

If this was the case then Jack has had ample time to communicate it to the WOZ group and explain the situation. The equity came in when? 6 months ago? Jack publicly announced he was build the 22 machines 4 weeks ago.

If Jack is struggling, that's fine, we all struggle periodically, people are in general very understanding. just be honest and communicate.
Leaving people in the dark is Jacks biggest mistake. It fuels speculation and anxiety, throw in the frayed patience his delays have caused and you end up with a thread like this.

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

8. Threads bashing JJP are scaring away prospective buyers...WoZ and Hobbit.
Bashing may be hurting the cause we all are rooting for.

It also provides the perfect platform for Jack to show what he's made of by getting this job done!!
Put the promised production pictures up, get the machines sent, restore some confidence in the buying public and your a hero again.

#510 9 years ago

We can't get the money back. Jacks got none. That's why we don't have machines being made, that's why there's no pictures.

#513 9 years ago

Very interesting to see that the name of this thread has been changed from
"We Want Our Games Jack Guarnieri" to "We want Our Games Jersey Jack Pinball"
Can a mod explain why this has happened. The guy making the decisions, the guy we want answers from is Jack Guarnirei. It is not an offensive title, it in no way defames anyone. Jack is a public figure who uses his own name to sell pinball machines. Using it in this legitimate context shouldn't be censored.
Why did this happen?

#516 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Yes, I can explain that since I made the change. The Pinside rules explain that we don't want any personal attacks on this site:

Hence the edit to make this whole thread look less like a personal attack and more like a call for information.

Ok, I could understand that if the title inferred some kind of an attack. Eg.
"You are a **** insert name" or " where's my f****** game insert name you ****"
However the title reads as only a comment. Jacks full name in the title is important because ihe is the one making the decisions at JJP. It does make it more personal but it's certainly not an attack.

#519 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I understand your reasoning but I stick with my decision to change the title. Who is to say this is solely Jacks decision? Maybe he also held accountable by someone? I know just as much as all of you do, but I think it's simply better to address the company and not just Jack.

No problem. Thanks for the opportunity to bring this issue onto a bigger stage. Even if Jack reneges on his promise to send us our paid for machines. Being able to share the story will help with the healing.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

The problem as we stated a year ago is not building or shipping the games we received $120,000 for -
The problem is WHO are the 22 specific people who will receive the games and why? Who makes that decision and how does that help resolve this completely? Who are those people?
The other people who gave Bumper money will not be made whole - they will have recourse to ask (someone) who is still in a viable business for their money or their games.
A year ago we were advised to do nothing and wait for the Liquidator of Bumper to ask us to return the $120k - we reached out to him without much response - surprisingly and he directed us to Rob Farrel who was then trying to receive the four games on the water and misdirect them to himself instead of those owners.
So we ask - can everyone who paid Bumper money on games agree who the 22 people will be who receive the games?
We see that there is some "plan" to sell these games and get the money and do what with it? Give it to who? Why?
The $120k may as well be donated to a Children's Hospital and do some real good.
We were legally advised to place the $120k in an account with the State of New Jersey and have the rightful owners come and claim it.
Building 22 games will not solve anything for the people who do not receive those games and who have no voice in how the 22 games will be allocated.
We cannot do that in any arbitrary way as we stated a year ago. We have tried behind the scenes to help in any way to resolve this to the best we can. There needs to be real movement and cooperation not hateful posts to push some "shotgun wedding" to force us to do something that is grossly unfair to the majority of people who gave Bumper their money. We are sorry for what happened and it hurts deeply.
Someone needs to legally organize the group of people who gave Bumper the money and present a plan with everyone in agreement as to how the solution/ games or money - will be distributed and everyone signs off on it, or votes on it, or something but it needs to be done in the same public way that we are subject to.

Ok. Firstly thanks for the reply.
The major question you are asking has been resolved. How will 22 machines go into 79 buyers? Every buyer with an outstanding order has been contacted. We formed an action group and have used email correspondence to agree to the terms of how to best utilise the 22 games so everyone walks away with a little less pain than they now have. A list of options was put to the group and the overwhelming majority voted to sell the 22 machines and divide the money across the 79 members in accordance to their individual outlays to Bumper. So a person who has paid in full will be paid out more than someone who has paid $1500. Importantly, members will have the first opportunity to buy one of the 22 games before they are offered publicly. Anyone in the group buying a game at full price will still receive their divided when the proceeds are split at the end.
I totally agree that doing this in public is the way forward. First thing tomorrow (as it's 11pm here) I will talk with the WOZ group and get full documentation of the group agreements. You should be entitled to having full confidence of absolutely no recourse once you have delivered on your part of the deal. Names, addresses, full details of everyone including signatures of agreement. We have some money in our Bumper fighting fund so we should be able to have a legal document drafted that we can all agree too.
Again, thanks for making contact and I look forward the coming weeks with optimism.

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

Well, this thread did evoke a reply, so mission accomplished!

istock_can-of-worms.jpg 38 KB

A long way to go, but hopefully heading in the right direction.

#662 9 years ago

Thanks for all the posts of support guys! It's a long way to go but starting a dialogue is step number one.
Just to be clear, there had been no PM communication with Jack at all leading up to his latest post. I'm going to be documenting the whole process on here. Theres nothing to hide for either side, and hopefully if we can get this across the line it will restore a lot faith in buying pinballs.

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

So riddle me this, batman. Who is to take shipment of the 22 games, sell them and then divvy the money. Is Jack lying when he says there is no one to ship the games to? What kind of people would have ever agreed to take games instead of money? Do you have anything resembling an agreement as a result of your phone hook up, or were you the one on the line? I can see where the only person who would agree to this would be the person receiving the games. Is that supposed to be you? What percent are you expecting to recover?
Jack said in the post that he doesn't know who to ship the games to. You said it's all been settled. Who is going to take possession of the games from JJP?
I'm trying to be sympathetic here, but the nonsense is wearing me out. And yes, the business practices of JJP is my business because I am hoping to buy a Hobbit, but because of BS like the Bumper debacle, I won't even consider any sort of prepayment.

There were agreements made in the past yes. It's important now to keep the focus clearly on what Jack has publicly agreed too. As soon as a. draft document is drawn up and agreed to by both parties I will update the thread with all progress, good or bad. Importantly Jack can openly have his say on progress as well. Shipping and the distribution of the machines will also become public knowledge. It's been awhile since the early previous arrangements so a few things will need to be aired off to see if they still fit. All details once in place will be on here, thanks for all your concerns and hopefully we can make something bad, good.

#693 9 years ago

I spoke with the WOZ group directors today. They are happy for me to contact Solicitor/Lawyer and get the ball rolling on a certificate of release. I have since spoken with a Lawyer who has advised me to get every piece of information Jack requires to be on the draft and they will start work straight away. They quoted approx $1500 for the work. Payment for this will come from our WOZ fighting fund. I'm now going to PM Jack asking him his requirements.
Will post updates soon.
Update - PM sent to Jack requesting his requirements.

#756 9 years ago

The overwhelming amount of support from you guys is just unbelievable. I don't want to get to far ahead and will save the popping of the champagne until we have our fingers firmly on the flippers. To the guys kicking into the WOZ fund...I don't know what to say. Speechless. Just be assured it's all going to be used very wisely and efficiently. Hopefully the only legal costs will be the release agreement letter between JJP and WOZ group. Anything left will all go into shipping. The Lawyer I spoke with outlined that legally binding letters of agreement are common place within Australia. Between two different countries, may be a test case. Hopefully we can come up with something that satisfies JJP's legal guys.

I PM'd Jack requesting his agreement t requirements, he has responded and will run it pass his legal and get back.
I don't want to bore you guys with all these tiny details, I just feel that its been a bit of a journey for everyone and that the more transparent this process can be from now on the better the outcome might be for WOZ group, for JJP and pinball in general.

#817 9 years ago

The best thing for now is to understand how we've arrived at this place, which is a lesson for everyone. Consumers and manufactures. But to now fully focus on what needs to happen to get the machines home. Jeezus! I just realized that sounds like the plot form the WOZ movie! I digress.
We now enter into a boring stage! And boring is good. Boring means the head banging may be finished. Stick with us in this boring bit because it's only the tidal wave of your support that's help get us this far. Golden opportunity for Jack to come good, restore a little faith in people's trust and hopefully learn as much as we have. As a pinball junkie and operator, I need him making awesome games into the future.
I haven't heard back regarding Jacks requirement for the agreement letter. I think a week should be fair on this.

#869 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep if you want a game, I'd almost guarantee new orders will get games before those that preordered. That's what happened with WOZ. I can buy one today, while 200 people are still waiting for a LE.
Please explain how that is acceptable?

The big carrot for pre order buyers is the Limited Edition marketing concept. This could have a thread of its own but seeings it has context here it worth mentioning. The seed was planted in 2007 when Stern dusted off the old LE concept with Spiderman Black. It took a few years to kick in, but once resales where realizing more than the NIB prices, near on every new Stern had a superior family member from Avatar in 2010 onwards.

This created the perfect buying environment as far as a pinball manufacturers are concerned, consumer confidence is at an all time high, knowing that if they order early they will be buying into not only a superior machine but bragging rights at meets and within forums, they will also have an investment that will go up in value. What could be better!

Enter JJP in 2011 with the announcement of WOZ and shortly thereafter ECWOZLE. The LE is now seen as the golden ticket to pinball security. Distributors are turning away wantful buyers. Irrational decision are being made through the buy now or miss the boat mentality. Manufactures have hit upon one of he most common human traits
FEAR. The fear of missing out and losing potential gains, and worse still, the losses incured when reselling the inferior stablemate.

So, instead of manufactures simply building one model to the best of their ability, we are now graciously offered two and later on three models to choose from.
I cannot see another reason other than the LE marketing exercise that contributes more to people pre paying for something that they're not taking home on the day other than LE marketing.
Worth a thought in this debacle.

#968 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Money was given to a distro in Australia for WOZ games, in varying amounts, by 79 different people. Distro gave JJP deposit money for the 79 (which amounted to enough money to pay for 22 full WOZ machines). Then Distro went belly up and flew the coop. The 79 got together an worked up a plan to sell the machines and divy up the money amongst the 79. Jack came on here a month or so ago and said he would deliver the 22 games and keep the Aussies in the loop. This thread was created when nothing further had happened on that front. Jack came on here eventually and said he needed to know the details of the plan agreed to by the 79, and that there would have to be a system that made sense in place. That catches it up to now.

This is pretty much the case, although he agreed to the deal in November 2013. Machines were due for arrival in March this year. It wasn't until communications came to a grinding halt I started this thread to try and get some leverage.

Update - Jack has been communicating, he has forwarded his attorney a draft agreement that I scripted and will get him to add or subtract anything that will make it work for both parties. This should be done by July 20.
So far Jack has been forthcoming and willing to work through this to a resolution. Let's hope it stays this way.

#1010 9 years ago

Jack again has been in contact and has indicated that his attorney will hopefully have an agreement within the week.
He is keen to get this moving as fast as possible and create a "real timeline".
Just have to sit tight, keep our eye on the prize, keep the communication open and flowing. Hopefully we're on the right path.

1 week later
#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

So its been another week that has passed, what's the update?

Mini Update- Jack had his meeting with his attorney on the weekend. The meeting was to decide on what elements Jack needed written into the agreement so to tick all his boxes and give him confidence he won't be persued by any WOZ groupers after he sends the promised 22 machines. Jack has said on here (page 11) that he needed this agreement in order to build the machines, so that exactly what we're giving him. I am expecting a revue draft today or tomorrow.

More soon.

1 week later
#1122 9 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Man that was so looooong getting through all 23 pages.
In a nutshell. Great that you started a groundswell Scott. You have tried to be factual through it all and have weathered some pretty heavy flaming in the early posts( We pinballers really are passionate people) Thanks so much to our US pinball fellow enthusiasts who have tried to get their heads around this and tried to understand the pain for those going through it( it's hard enough for us so i can imagine how difficult it is for you). Interesting arguments along the way but really glad Robin and the mods have let it run. I was one of the "true JJP believers" and paid Bumper for a hobbit really really really early. ALL the bumper debacle info was about WOZ. Nothing for the dirty hairy footed Hobbit people. After some help by a great former Bumper employee whom I consider a great friend and the new distributor I was able to retrieve the deposit through paying by Credit Card (not sanctioned by Bumper at the time (now i know why)but lucky to have been allowed by said employee)
Why the refund you ask? After being quite disturbed by all this, years ago now.(35 pages 3 years plus history) and an email to Jack making inquires into My No:150.(yes i had it in writing) and was told it had been re-allocated as it was never allocated to me in the first place (but i had it in writing!?!?I was even TH150 on the JJP forum), there was also lot's of "I feel so sick when i hear this and i can't breathe". And that was the beginning of the end of the Dream for me and belief in the hype. I think what Scott has done here whilst painful for a lot of people on both sides of the world it is a story that needed to be told warts and all.
Bring it to a head and let the chips fall where they may.
I hope that this is really leading to the end of this saga. JJP wasn't the guy that started this I must say but this could have been sorted a loooong time ago had the initial timeframe that he gave us Aussies been met.
We do want Jack to survive and build great machines as long as it's not at the expense of the little guy with a passion for pinball and a wife and kids and a mortgage. Just my humble opinion and experience along the way.
Cheers guys and good luck.

Thanks for the support Joker!
There isn't to much to report on other than many emails and PM's with Jack. He's having another meeting with his attorney on Wednesday to put the final wording into the agreement between JJP and WOZ group. Wayne will be handling the shipping and distribution of the machines. I've been through enough of this now to know you never know the full story of what's happening, Jack can tell you something and you think it's all great. The reality can be you're no closer to an outcome than before. Hence, I'll give solid updates when things are physically moving. This is the boring phase, hang in there as this is the most important part, we need all your support now more than ever. Keeping this out in the open is the best thing for everyone. Jack has as much to gain as us, I do believe he's a good guy that's trying to do the right thing and balance a challenging business.

#1132 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Did the final agreement get sent?

Not yet. Could have a start date this week according to Jack.

#1135 9 years ago

Wayne's been awesome! If Jack sticks to his word, yes there will be something for you to sign soon and a production start date next week.

#1136 9 years ago

He told me as soon as their open day this weekend is over, he will sit down with his production guy and set a concrete start date. From our emails I'm sure Jack wants to be rid our money as much as we want the games, I will update with this weeks outcomes as soon as I get more.

#1195 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Would of went the money, flooding the Aussie market with another 22 machines might make it tough to sell, plus storing them and then on top of that you have the WOZAU that is trying to sell as well.

The 22 machines are already spoken for.

#1241 9 years ago

Jack is putting the finishing touches on the agreement with his attorney today. He has agreed to build 3 machines a week slipping them into his current schedule. He wants all machines to be shipped by the start of November. Our job now is to get everything signed off for Jack then it all systems go.

#1267 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

To: Robin and Player one, I'm just a collector and have no ties to anybody involved in all of this. I've been to JJP twice so far, there is no way jack and his company are scammers. His factory is real,the games are real. This past show at JJP Two weekends ago I was there,Jack has his Shit together. At 8am in the morning he had many employees at booths waiting to go. There were many games being built, there were many boxed games ready to go out the loading dock doors. If this is all for looks, then Jack is in the wrong business, he should open a movie studio in Hollywood, because that was the best MOVIE SET Ive ever seen.I do have evidence to back up my words, if either of you would like I have the pictures to prove all of what I'm saying. Although I'm sure you've all seen Todd's TNT Videos.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!
I have no doubts about JJP's ability to build machines, what was a concern was the ability to build our machines machines that wouldn't be providing immediate cash flow. It was a major concern that they would never see the light of day due to new money machines taking priority. I can only see good things coming once this dark chapter in pinball history is over, it will definitely breath new confidence back into our (AUS) market for JJP. I know that plenty of the guys that lost money will be putting orders in with Wayne should they not buy one of the 22. Once this artery is unblocked the heart of pinball will pump again!!

#1321 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Not quite sure.

With only a few more items to negotiate we are closer than ever to seeing production of the lost 22.
Jack has been in contact almost daily, he is motivated and wants this finalised as much as we do.
In regard to the machines, there won't be any of the originally ordered ECLE's being sent as they were unfortunately lost due to Bumpers fraud.
However, Jack wanted to do something "special". Pending the results of a WOZ group vote of approval, which is underway at the moment, the proposal is to make the "WOZ RESCUE EDITION".
It will be strictly limited to 22 numbered machines that will only be for sale in Australia.
The idea of the RESCUE theme came as a representation of the whole sorry saga. It also ties into one of the games major modes. Understand people might say there are already enough versions, but we really did need something to make a statement and acknowledge what happened and hopefully bring closure to this mess.

#1343 9 years ago

The idea of the "Rescue Edition" was put to a vote within the WOZ group. It has been unanimously agreed upon to accept Jacks offer of the RE. Important step toward the finish line. At this point JJP have done everything they need to do until receiving further direction from the WOZ group. I estimate we have around a weeks worth of work to do on our end before it's JJP's turn again. Stay tuned.

#1345 9 years ago

That's the plan,. But a few things to get through first.

2 weeks later
#1370 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

So any news? Has the WOZ group received a date of shipping and arrival yet.........

We are closer than ever to a resolution. Jack has sent us a release letter that all WOZ group members will sign giving JJP security that they will not be challenged once they build and ship 22 WOZ Rescue's. The WOZ directors have reviewed the agreement and only need a couple of minor administrational changes to be made before sending it out for a formal sign off. Once we have a full sign off and all agreements are sent back to JJP, I estimate this to take around 2 weeks as the group is highly motivated, we can then ask Jack for an accurate shipping date.
The title "Rescue Edition" was well excepted by the group and Jack has expressed his enthusiasm for this very significant title run as well.
Again, thanks for all the backing from you guys!!!!

1 week later
#1391 9 years ago

Hey Guys, yes it's taking longer than expected to get this done. However each week brings us a lot closer than we were 3 months ago. There is a letter, the letter will most likely go out for signing this week coming. It's had several re-jiggs and taken over a month for both parties be satisfied with it. There has also been conformation that production has begun on our machines.

#1397 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Can you prove this?

No. All I can go by is what I've been told by Jack.
He's said 5 have hit the line so let's see.

#1400 9 years ago

After many weeks, the release/agreement letter that JJP has provided has been sent out to WOZ group members for signing. The process now involves 60 people signing and returning their agreement to JJP.

Faithfully, Jack has already hit the production button on our machines, this will ensure the fastest possible resolution from this point forward. As promised I will be updating you guys on the whole process as we move along.

1 week later
#1430 9 years ago

Video came in yesterday as well, showing the games being readied for boxing!
After all the little steps that needed to be taken to reach this point, to actually see the games in a physical form makes it very real and its like "shit! this is gunna happen!"
Reaching this stage only a few months ago seemed like a dream, thanks to Jack and the support form Pinside members it looks like its going to be a very merry Xmas Downunder!!!

1 month later
#1441 9 years ago

From last report Jack has made 15 of the 22!!! And that's at the same time as Expo, gearing up for TH and regular production. So all going well we will hopefully see our machines very soon.
Thanks Jack for getting this done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playerone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=playerone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.