IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minusworlds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#602 9 years ago

Two things :

1. - playerone, hire RobT and pay him in pins ...preferably every version of Tron...

2. - JJP just lost a customer in me, Aussies aren't penises, stop jerking them around like a 12yo with their first copy of Hustler.

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If I was jack, I'd just follow his lawyer's advice and put the money in a fund held by the state and let the lawyers do their thing.

If I was Jersey Jack I'd probably stick to my word.

#610 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Not sure if I'd trust the opinion of the guy who spent $5k on socks the cat.

Ha! What about the guy who has the world record for a sold video game??

If you even had a clue what I've been offered for Socks you would probably retract that statement, pretty effin quickly too...Open mouth, insert foot.

#628 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Wrong and wrong. If your bank is giving you 5% on savings, I'll eat my hat.

I hope it's a cheeseburger or pizza hat for your sake

#642 9 years ago

Guys, Derek AKA "pinfidel" AKA Straight Pimp is prob the nicest guy on this board. Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to take some heat for JJP since he'd give you the shirt off his back.

Trufth

#720 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

1 month later...

craziness

Yeah but he's JJP so let's just give him another pass, I mean he did make WOZ, well except the LE's of course...

#728 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

He also states the money is in trust with the state. This speculation that he spent it and couldn't send it back if he wanted to is downright libelous.

No no he didn't. He said he was ADVISED to send it to the State, not a "trust" first of all, he's referring to an escheatment process, and second he does not state he did follow through with that advice either. We can all read between the lines and see he didn't. Well, except for you obviously.

I find it funny he has no problem disregarding that bit of legal advice but when his lawyers advise him not to build the games he listens?!?

Makes sense.

#731 9 years ago

Cliff notes

JJP's lawyers advise them to hand $120K over to the State - JJP says no
JJP's lawyers advise them not to spend money building games - JJP says yeah that sounds like good advice

#732 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Edit: MinusWorlds beat me.

It was with a fluffy pillow, nobody needed to know...

#740 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

One thing is for sure, after reading this thread and a few others, until JJP gets their stuff together I will not be buying a JJP machine from anyone, this includes all future machines and yes the Hobbit is very interesring to me. But, I cannot support a company who's owner has repeatedly gone back on promises made from day one (over and over).
If Stern behaved the same way there would be a riot on pinside. I can't believe people allow themselves to be treated like this by JJP, especially while paying top dollar for his machines, excuse after BS excuse....wow...

How can I give this post 2 thumbs up??

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from morepins:

It was not a refund, used the WOZLE money to pay for the MMR.
Last week, I received an email from JJP for the remaining $6,995 on the MMR.

Respond and say you decided to give the money to charity, but you still want your pin

#791 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This whole thread has turned into a JJP bashfest.

Uh yeah and rightfully so...

I want JJP to succeed. It's better for us all. However, this issue has been handled EXTREMELY poorly. How can anyone deny that?

Some people just want to give him pass after pass, the Aussie's have been completely screwed, albeit not directly by JJP, more so indirectly but Jack has made many promises and has not only not kept them, but he seems oblivious to the fact of how ridiculous this situation and his actions are. Why would people just sit back and not say anything? Swing from JJP's nuts all you want, they deserve any "bashing" they get on this subject. There are plenty of positive threads here, much more so than negative ones. This is a great site with many helpful and friendly people.

#795 9 years ago

All this arguing about pass/no pass is inane.
The only pass or no pass that matters is that of a buyer, or potential buyer.
Legal tender orates, male bovine excrement perambulates.
How many times can we go over the same points?

I respectfully disagree. Jack is monitoring this thread, he has pushed multiple people away with his actions. He has to know at this point he HAS lost sales because of this. This SHOULD push him to:

1. Stick to his words
2. Provide better customer service going forward
3. Realize his pre-payment model is not working
4. Better understand his customer base

These could all be turned into very positive things. I am so glad Playerone was vocal about this. I won't be buying any JJP pins or products in the future until his business model improves drastically. I HAVE purchased from them in the past but I won't going forward until this is fixed because of this issue. You think that doesn't have any effect? Think again...

#801 9 years ago

I didn't say that. I just don't see the point of rehashing it repeatedly.
I'd be surprised if Jack isn't ambivalent about ever starting this company up at this point. If he could have foreseen the cabinet supplier issues, the light board issues, the Bumper fiasco, the other things we know about and who knows what else...
I for one have empathy for the guy. I don't condone his backpedaling, but I can understand it.

Makes good sense. There was a time when I had empathy for him too.

He's dead to me now*

* JK at least until the Aussie's are taken care he is tho

#818 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Still find it funny people flip out when you have to pre-pay to fund NES homebrews but people don't bat an eyelash about pinball, don't see how good they had it with Stern and are ok handing over $7000+ for pins not even available that will be delayed years.
Wow.
And yes, this does have an effect, I want Hobbit, I want Hobbit bad. Wizard of Oz was subpar to me, but the theme on Hobbit will save it IMO, but I can't purchase a game like this knowing I may not even get the thing for years...

Yep totall agree. Two different worlds and let's be honest it's typically a LOT more expensive in the pin hobby. What do you front in the vintage video game homebrew/repro market, $100 max??

I've thought about doing a pre-pay for the CIB of Socks and I just can't bring myself to ask people to pay for something that isn't ready.

To each their own I guess...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minusworlds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=minusworlds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.