IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Going public is always a quick way to get any company to make a decision it could otherwise avoid.
If I was $9000 down, I would not be happy.

I wouldn't put $9k down in the first place, Id rather see it in person and pay for it then if I can't see it then I don't buy it.........I never ordered a Woz but still managed to get a NIB same as my NIB Mople and dint have the risk of loosing my money.

Its not like ordering a COD game at Game stop or EB Games where they require $10 deposit......... its $9k, I have friends who have lost out in this fiasco and they will never ever order again.

#117 9 years ago

You know what I found interesting that these guys that have been ripped off by whoever have only come on the pinside forum to bag out JJ, how about instead of using a forum you have never supported before you take some of your Woz funded money you have and send someone to the USA to go and personally meet with JJ and hear it from the horses mouth, its not the Aussie way to bag a bloke out we normally do things man to man.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Just for the record, how much money did you lose? Man. How much of your money has Jack had for 3 years? Man.

$0.000, I don't pre order especially when there are no guarantees if I will ever see the machine or money especially from another country there are so many risks involved and I'm not willing to gamble $9000.......

Here are some of the risks that I have heard happen to people before:
Machine doesn't get made
Company goes bankrupt and you loose your money
Boat sinks with container that has your machine
Shipped to the wrong address
Machine is damaged in transit
Machine is stolen before shipped
Machine is stolen after shipping

To many risks for me to gamble $9k on, id rather just wait and if I manage to get one I get one if I don't so be it....... and my post wasn't a dig at woz people, but your coming on a forum bagging people out which could do more harm then good.

Everyone feels sorry for you guys that this happened and I have friends who have lost out so instead of running your mouth why don't you book a flight to America and go see JJ personally then you will get action.

#172 9 years ago

I wonder if JJ is reading this, he will probably send 21 machines and make 'playerone' miss out for his trash talking and accusations of JJ haha

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You made your point about the frustration of waiting to get the 22 pins. There are 500 threads that beat that dead horse over and over again, the "waiting", doesn't change a thing.
And there are another 500 threads re JJP conspiracy theories and ponzi scheme allegations, like this stupid comment…..

Yep enough is enough, the whole of pinside knows your frustration its one thing to ask a question but its starting to cross the line when you question a mans integrity and start making accusations.........

Moderators please consider closing this thread down

#184 9 years ago

Venting is one thing but calling peoples integrity and making accusations is another.........

#243 9 years ago

WP_20140520_16_55_10_Pro.jpgWP_20140520_16_55_10_Pro.jpg

Took me 30sec to upload this one.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hey,
with all the Aussie's on here...
is this the real map of Australia ?

australia-dangers.jpg 33 KB

Pretty close but your missing all our deadly snakes and spiders as there everywhere.

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

He can't, there's no one to send it too. Bumper is gone and the administrators finished with the case.The idea of getting the machines is that we can sell them for more than 130k so there will be more money to split up to minimise our losses overall. Again, Jacks not doing any massive favours, we shouldn't have to tippy toe around and live in fear of upsetting him. He should wake up to himself, start communicating like any other respectable business would, not some shonky backyard used car salesmen that he turning out to be.

I'm not sure if there is a big enough want over here for Woz and if these would sell.........$130000 divided by 22 is $6k a machine is that what your going to sell these at.

Also what happens to the other 57 people that had deposits down, do they get anything or is it just for the people that have fully paid.

Looks like it could be another bumper mess just this time with the woz group.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

So what do you suggest?
I can't think of a better way actually. I am unsure if the machines will sell at RRP either but the group knows who paid what. That figure gets converted to a %'age or entitlement. When all machines are sold off, each person gets an agreed amount that corresponds to the amount they initially deposited. Each of the 79 get an opportunity to buy one of the machines and I am sure if there aren't enough machines to go round, some sort of raffle will be held to determine who gets the opportunity to buy a machine. Seems quite straight forward this end, the guys just need the machines to sell or at the very least, some sort of update evidenced by pics as was agreed and promised by JJP.

So if you have already paid in full for a woz and been stung by bumper....... then you are given an option to rebuy again at $10,000

So you end up out laying $20,000 for a Woz you might have more legal action from the people that have paid in full if they don't get one of those machines.

If those 22 machines that JJ is sending are for the full paying woz people then you might have to check the legality of it all as their sent with the intention of filling those full payments orders.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Here's an idea, if the USA is so messed up why don't you guys build your own pinball machine? Or anything of value for that matter instead of buying our stuff then complaining about it. Don't open the topic of which country is better unless you're ready for a landslide of comments. We can start with how each country came to exist.

Mate take a chill pill, if you read the comments it started way back with a beer comment and started by the USA, its all friendly banter don't blow it up into a pissing comp........ where all friends here with the same interest on pinside that's what makes this site good.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

wow just wow! im hoping your the exception to the "type" of people and intelligent remarks that come from the land down under!

I thought you were watching the world cup.......lol

#296 9 years ago

Yep doing the same with my tablet, watching and surfing at the same time..........

#375 9 years ago

I was checking JJ Facebook and thought maybe pm him or post on there......... there is no mention of this problem on his Facebook.

#462 9 years ago

th.jpgth.jpg

Quoted from fatality83:

Wow, I haven't seen a company do so much wrong and piss so many people off but still be supported and defended by so many since the latest mad amusements thread! Maybe Jack should start sending gummies along with the pinball machines. If I was still owed a game at this point, I would even consider taking the machine in a partially finished state at this point. Something is better than nothing right? If the 22 games don't get shipped, it is not because of Playerone, it is because they never were going to be sent anyway. I know jack has made some mistakes before, but come on, just think what that would do for business if he pocketed the money and didn't send the 22 games. Who knows though with all the people still defending them just like they defend mad. Mad amusements can rape the next door neighbors wife, torture their family pet, steal their identity and take a shit on a deceased family members grave and there will always be people that will defend him. Maybe we have a similar situation here? A simple picture would shut a lot of people up in here. Think of all the negatives this thread is doing to his company. If I was him, I would have been in here posting a picture of anything to try and calm this down. Hell post a picture of an empty box. What will only make it worse is if he comes on here and tries to post an explanation of why the games were not built yet and then give a future time frame when they will. If that happens, I will bring the popcorn.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I am in for an LE I just need to know where to send my preorder money.
Any idea on a time frame for delivery?

3 years

#537 9 years ago

th.jpgth.jpg

Anyone want some?

#538 9 years ago

Oh boy........ here we go.

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You know, actually, what the heck...I'm in...

ha ha this must be the game changer JJP was talking about.

#550 9 years ago

I was expecting a major backlash from playerone........but well said and professional reply, hopefully it works out.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

That's the plan.

Well Jack you have everyone's eyes on you and can set the wrong right and earn back some credibility.

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

aw shucks now what do I do with all this popcorn.

th.jpgth.jpg

I bought a truck full.......

th.jpgth.jpg
#563 9 years ago

It could take them a year to sell them, in the mean time who is in control and where will they be stored.......... it would be messy as the woz group could be waiting another year for there money due to slow selling and other factors.

Take the money!!!

#594 9 years ago

Looks like Jack and Playerone have come to some kind of agreement as Playerone is very very quite.

#595 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

just wondering if they could also get back a little interest on that $120 K too or is that pushing it?

Not sure that there entitled to it due to the pre order contracts, that would be like asking Game Stop and EB Games for interest on games you have prepaid for........

#686 9 years ago

th (2).jpgth (2).jpg

Something smells fishy!

#733 9 years ago

Hmmm big fears is Woz might be JJP's 1st and last pinball..........

1. No money
2. Screwing Aussie's over to buy time
3. Selling standards while owing 200 LE's
4. People cancelling TH orders due to VE and Remakes
5. Bad business ethics
6. Daughters wedding (Aussie money - daughters wedding payment hmmm maybe a slight coincidence )
7. Can't meet a deadline due to what ever reasons

Feel free to add to the list..........

#809 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just don't think Jack did the "stiffing"....Just my opinion.

maybe not........ but he hasn't helped the cause with all his fake promises and the way he has conducted himself, remember this has been going on for more then a year and JJP could of fixed it a long time ago.......... he has played a big part in this disgusting mess.

#828 9 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

those machines are never going to come to Australia....too much bulls***t and too many lies have happened. JJP couldnt lie straight in bed.

He still owes a container of Woz Au and now another 22 wozle........delivered by Xmas and not all sold until Xmas 2015

#918 9 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Playerone, any updates? Every hear anything back from him? Its been a week hasn't it?

Yeah what's the lowdown.......I heard a rumour that someone asked for his money back on a big shipment of woz's but was told he couldn't get it back due to the money being tied up on the shop floor in parts for woz machines

If this is true then no one might see any woz's or maybe even the hobbit.........

#920 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I heard a rumor that its really Friday (not Wednesday as all the lemmings assume) Im choosing to believe that one since its more fun
But seriously.... JJP is sitting on a pile of MMr money, aren't they? Im sure that will cover a few WoZ orders... now when it comes time for MMr.... hmm.... hopefully TH money will come streaming back in...

Well its all a s*#t fight at the moment and no one really knows what's happening......... did JJ do the call out for Fish Tales

"How big was it" and the meter gauge has been stuck on number 1 haha

#984 9 years ago

Ha ha fair enough......... tricks of the trade I suppose.

#1002 9 years ago

Congratulations DaveH, your the 1000th post........ what do you win? You will win your Woz delivered July 2015.

#1011 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Dave H
I already have a release from the liquidator and the Former Directors of the Liquidated Company and all the Bumper Customers voted 8 months ago to a resolution.
I was involved in the clearance of the 4 games that did make it here and it was all done then.
There is no reason why this hasn't been resolved already and the longer it continues the more Damage to all pinball manufacturers it will cause.
Is it only me that thinks these Pinball people are more important than the money?
On a side note Bumper 4 are now located at 380 Barkly Street Footscray in with Cashbox Amusements the Former Stern Melbourne Agent.

Is Bumper 4 and Cash Box together or just in the same building.

#1014 9 years ago

Quack quack

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Jack again has been in contact and has indicated that his attorney will hopefully have an agreement within the week.
He is keen to get this moving as fast as possible and create a "real timeline".
Just have to sit tight, keep our eye on the prize, keep the communication open and flowing. Hopefully we're on the right path.

So its been another week that has passed, what's the update?

#1078 9 years ago

th.jpgth.jpg

Anybody want some.......

#1086 9 years ago

You said you had a card up your sleeve........ what is it?

#1087 9 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Good luck with that Scott. Truly.
But call me a cynic, methinks JJP will set up an agreement with you to seem like it's all being sorted out (like all previous conversations and promises), and then will find reasons not to make the games just yet until all other machines are made and paid for incl Ruby WOZ, AULE and outstanding orders for standards. They will schmooze you and reassure you while making sure they have a back door, and they'll use it.
I expect you will find some "get out" clauses in case something comes up that supposedly leaves JJP exposed somehow. Look for clauses that would allow JJP not to make your games for any reason at all ie potential liability if any other Oz Woz buyer not in your group decides to take some action.
JJP need to know this is the end of their line for stringing out Aussie WOZ buyers for 3 and a half years.
If JJP don't deliver this time, there is still one more thing you can do to get Jack's real attention.

Read the last line!

1 week later
#1138 9 years ago

Its been 5 weeks since this post started and your still no closer to any guarantees of getting any machines........ all your getting is excuses after excuses........ oh wait till after open day, have to talk to lawyers, have to draw up papers, need agreements from woz group, now have to talk to production guy.

Next it will be oh sorry we are making 75th anniversary editions, oh sorry now its Hobbit, oh sorry we have no money.........

Does not take 5 weeks to sort a agreement and the fact they haven't even started on them is ridiculous.......... why talk to the production guy when you have not sorted the paperwork, sounds like he is leading you on a wild goose chase.

#1140 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're what we call "a douchebag".
Since the open house was yesterday, and Jack said "after open day", why not wait until, say, mid week before you start to flame him?
I know you guys are disappointed, and rightly so. But I really think that none of you understand what it's like to run a business. Cash flow is almost never "clean"; ie: your deposits aren't sitting in a bank account reserved for the parts and payroll that it will cost for people to put the pins together. Whether it's Bumper, or Jack, that money was likely spent months/years ago, and now Jack likely isn't sitting on buckets of cash to build your machines, hence the delay.
In Bumpers scenario, he closed shop and left you all high and dry. With Jack, it sounds like he's doing his best to make you whole again. You could at least stop flaming the guy.
I just don't understand how morons can come on here, complaining about why Stern takes so long to release new code updates or why Jack hasn't sent out 20+ machines yet! as if either scenario is straight forward and simple, and as though Stern/JJP is reading Pinside, laughing at your posts, with the code ready, or the pins sitting in storage, waiting for them to simply make a phone call. With both Sterns StarTrek code, and JJPs WOZs for Australia, there are legal considerations and these can take FOREVER.
If you have open dialogue, that's a great start.
I'll say it again: when I had a problem with my WOZ, Jack made it right, at a cost to him.
It didn't happen as fast as was first quoted, but I got a new machine and everything worked put in the end.
With 20+ machines, I can appreciate why this is dragging on.
Hang in there, it'll work out. Jack's a man of his word (but doesn't always make good on his timing, as well as he'd like).

No need to call people douche bags, JJP has had ample time to get his shit sorted but there is always one excuse after another, why can't he just make a date and stick to it or get things sort asap ...........I mean he just sent 19 machines to Europe, why not Australia?

I have a WOZ machine but have 3 friends I know out $10000 and I can't appreciate how long this is going on as JJP has known about this issue and was contacted over a year ago........ you hear that you arse clown over 1 year ago he was contacted about this, now mates waiting over 1 year ago for a machine paid for over 3 years ago and now been given excuse after excuse is why there is frustration.

#1147 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You know what? You're right.
Mato, I shouldn't have stooped to that level. My apologies.

Apology accepted

#1148 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I've supported the Aussies from the beginning of this thread. What was done to you guys is criminal. Playerone was the most vocal about Jack and wouldn't let this thread die. If he felt there was no progress, he would come on and say so. You have every right to be pissed about what went down, but follow playerones lead on this. He thinks things are moving forward so lets give him a little time.
I also realize you've heard "give it time" so often you're probably sick of that saying, but I believe if playerone felt he was getting nowhere, he would come on and say so.

Yeah I agree, but sometimes when you get the attention you seek it can seem like things are progressing but are actually going nowhere you get blinded by the lights because you want a outcome.

#1161 9 years ago

Can't see why the last 3 comments are so negative, I thought we were all playing pinball for the same reasons and we have a unique bond here on pinside, I know if only the Aussie's got their machines and a different country had this problem we would support them 100% because that's the way we are over here......... we don't kick a man when he is down we would rather help him up first before we knocked him down again, its funny in Australia we have this saying a mans word is a mans word and its binding like a contract........ must be different in other country's.

#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I would agree with you...except:
Jack has promised games to the Aussies in private AND here, very publicly. That changes things. I don't think folks are complaining about the various laws involved, but expecting Jack to follow through on what her personally PROMISED.
Now, he's already vacillated once or twice on it, and now kicked it to the lawyers... hopefully he will eventually make good on his word.
But again, THAT is the issue. Simply: Will Jack keep his word.

Exactly Jack gave his word on a public forum so he should keep his word........ where is Judge Judy when you need here as I'm sure what he has stated here is a verbal or written agreement.

Like I said is Australia a mans word is his word!!!

#1193 9 years ago

Would of went the money, flooding the Aussie market with another 22 machines might make it tough to sell, plus storing them and then on top of that you have the WOZAU that is trying to sell as well.

#1198 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

The 22 machines are already spoken for.

must of been spoken for in the last few weeks as it was posted that they would be stored and sold no matter how long it takes....... but good for everyone if sold already.

#1199 9 years ago

if it bores you or your tired for reading this then don't look or enter this thread its pretty simple mate.

#1255 9 years ago

22 machines by 2015 maybe

#1271 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I'm not sure how JJP builds games, but in my own business we collect a deposit and then book a date for installation. If some customer was to contract me tomorrow to install 22 boilers and wanted me to start Monday I couldn't do it. I would need time to order materials, get deliveries, not to mention labor, I don't have access to skilled employees that can do that work, which means I have to use the labor I have in place. It would be much easier for me to start installing the boilers in a week from now, and if I were to do two a week I could do it at relatively little or no extra expense to my bottom line. I'm sure jack has orders in place that he is already obligated to. Until the legalities are worked out JJP can't take the risk of the legal ramifications. As long as he has that money in some kind of escrow account I would think he's protected pretty well.

These machines were supposed to be shipped at the time of release, so he has had plenty of time. When bumper went bankrupt JJP did nothing and stopped production even though he had $120000

#1282 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

What do you think he was SUPPOSED to do? Ship machines to a non-existent Bumper?

No not at all, but once he was contacted by the bumper woz group he could of answered there questions and made some arrangements before it came to publicly calling him out on pinside........he has had plenty of opportunity and time to set this thing right.

#1283 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

What do you think he was SUPPOSED to do? Ship machines to a non-existent Bumper?

and further more he ship 5 machines to Australia that had paid at bumper cause my mate from Perth got one and had to go to extreme measures to make sure it arrived in Perth.......... he was one of the lucky ones.

#1289 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Is that an actual legal entity? No, of course it isn't. As I've said before, the best course of action for JJP is to do NOTHING AT ALL until ordered to do so by the courts.

Ha ha you give me thumbs down cause you got shot down with your nonsense and not knowing what you are talking about......... lol

Listen to RobT and his reasoning you might learn a thing or two!

#1293 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I didn't give anyone a thumbs down.

interesting why does your picture appear in the thumbs down column when you hit the bumper icon.

#1308 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My bad, I misunderstood.
It really is a crazy situation. People are out $450k, and these people want 22 WOZLE's from Jack based on the money he received and they will sell those 22 pins and divide it up among the group to partially recover their $450k?
What a mess.

Yep massive mess and JJP has known this all along, the WOZ group aren't being greedy and going for all the money they have cut their losses and are just going for the fully paid machines.

Good thing is there all in it together and it would be easy for the fully paid 22 to say stuff the rest of you we want our money only, but even though they have lost a lot their willing to share with everyone that has lost.

#1330 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

With only a few more items to negotiate we are closer than ever to seeing production of the lost 22.
Jack has been in contact almost daily, he is motivated and wants this finalised as much as we do.
In regard to the machines, there won't be any of the originally ordered ECLE's being sent as they were unfortunately lost due to Bumpers fraud.
However, Jack wanted to do something "special". Pending the results of a WOZ group vote of approval, which is underway at the moment, the proposal is to make the "WOZ RESCUE EDITION".
It will be strictly limited to 22 numbered machines that will only be for sale in Australia.
The idea of the RESCUE theme came as a representation of the whole sorry saga. It also ties into one of the games major modes. Understand people might say there are already enough versions, but we really did need something to make a statement and acknowledge what happened and hopefully bring closure to this mess.

At least the rescue edition will be something that will give you more value and maybe sell for a higher price..........$12-$140000 I'm not sure about, but should move easily for $10000

1 week later
#1347 9 years ago

Its been 2 months since the 1st post, what's the latest?

1 week later
#1369 9 years ago

So any news? Has the WOZ group received a date of shipping and arrival yet.........

1 week later
#1376 9 years ago

Started 2 months ago and seems like still no closer to receiving your Woz's.......yep you can say waiting on this or signing this but it seems like stall tactics as your still waiting and waiting and waiting while machines are being delivered everywhere else.

1 month later
#1439 9 years ago

4 months and what's the eta? How far away are these from hitting Aussie shores?

2 weeks later
#1440 9 years ago

4 months and 3 weeks later what is the eta

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=mato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.