IMG_8184.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
you-suck-blow-me.jpg
spit take 2.gif
Journey.jpg
Maersk Sealand oops.jpg
image-65.jpg
img002 (1).jpg
Bumper Action Amusements. Depositor Circular (2).pdf (PDF preview)
mallows.gif
image-346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#162 9 years ago

I have to agree with the majority on this thread. This doesn't belong on Pinside. Jack owes me a machine too. He is late on his delivery dates. But I sure didn't go starting a thread publicly bashing him. I think your tactic may backfire. Personally I would work directly with JJP and get off of Pinside.

You guys make it sound like your 22 machines are the only machines that haven't been delivered yet. There are others waiting as well.

There clearly were delays in making these machines. Whatever the reasons. I am pretty sure Jack wants to get these done as well.

Please take this issue off of Pinside. I think you are harming your situation more than helping it.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

...and the manufacturer has agreed to make you a machine that he has been paid for but he then ignores you and every attempt to contact him.

I am confused. I thought you did connect with JJP and they agreed to make 22 games? And that was within the last month?

Bottom line is he is not singling you guys out in the corresponding delays. It sounds like things are moving again. Hang tight. We all will get our machines. Again, I would advise you to work directly with JJP. If not Jack, try different channels. Doing this publicly really is not wise. I can't say it any other way.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

You seem to forget JJP pinball exists because they didn't like the way the Stern model was. Somehow this is better? They are essentially bankrolling an item based on pre-orders. I still don't get how easily this slips everyone's mind. Stern takes a bath if the games don't sell. JJP is relying on everyone else.
Not being ready is besides the point. Be thankful there are code updates. Many of the Stern games now rival or beat a lot of the Williams stuff out there.
Wizard of Oz under no circumstances is even in the same breath playability wise as a lot of games these days. It looks great but it is all eye candy. People have different tastes in pins, I understand that, however we run 80+ machines here and Wizard of Oz is probably in the bottom 10 in games played here, and it's on a prominent row. We have had more negative things said about that game than any of our other games. Maybe for some reason you think it is a good way to do business. If so I have a limited edition Ghostbusters pinball coming out in 2017. I require $8500 for this machine and the price will go up accordingly. I do take payments. However what protects you from me taking your money with statutes of limitations of a couple of years? I mean, eventually you'll get your pin, but only when I feel like it after my vacations.
How can anyone be so trustworthy with anyone who has not even completely finished one pin, and is taking pre-orders for another?????? Concentrate on the one game to be up to par and get everything finished, then announce other games..this is not the first company to do this either, and everyone seems to be ok with it still I suppose.

80+ pinball machines? Or are there other things like vids and redemption games?

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I don't do redemption. We have around 70 or so video and 80+ pins at the location. I would put more but I ran out of room at the spot.

Thank you for not doing redemption! Those things drive me crazy.....especially as a parent. It is like training the kids for slot machines later in life

#707 9 years ago

I just read this cluster of a thread. One thing people may not realize is that when lawyers get involved, and they clearly are, one often has to change direction.

What may have seemed logical a month or two ago, may not be an option because of legal console. This is not a straight forward situation. It is complex with many stakeholders. If you want to call it back pedaling, so be it. It is not uncommon when lawyers get in the mix.

I cannot tell you how many times in business I have had to change direction due to a legal department getting in the way. Sad but true.

I like the direction this is going and hopefully the affected parties can get some kind of payment. I am not a Jack lover either. There are things I would have done differently. But I do like his product and I am still confident he will deliver all of the WoZ's this year. I am also confident that TH will have a much better rollout. The product is just that good. That is what is saving JJP at this point. If it wasn't, there would have been a run on the bank. But there isn't. Their support and product is second to none. Now they have to produce.

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I don't think Gary is the kind of guy that would rejoice in 79 pinball enthusiasts being ripped off.
However, the whole incident is certainly ANOTHER black-eye to this concept of 3+ year pre-payment for delivery of a pinball machine.... This whole sad story might not even have taken place had JJP delivered in a timely manner and/or hadnt required buyers to fully pre-pay for machines YEARS before their parts were even ordered...
No, if anything, this should serve as a wake-up call to consumers considering pre-pay AND JJP:
Consumers should realize they are gambling with these pre-pay scenarios and are subject to more future shenanigans.
JJP should take a hard look at their operation as well. Does he want to be a designer and innovator of pinball or does he want to learn how to run a factory. He (seemingly) cant do both well. It would be wonderful oif he could pick up the phone and talk to Stern in regards to manufacturing the JJP designs. Seems like that would be a big WIN WIN....

Your assumption here is that the holdup w/JJP has been putting it together. I don't think that was the issue. It was two major pieces.....First being supply chain issues and the second being flawed LCD boards. I am not getting the sense that putting the things together has been the bottleneck.

The best thing JJP can do now is finish building the machines and get them out the door. Make good on the Australia issue and produce. As my boss always said to me, Don't confuse activity with production!

#827 9 years ago

I don't see anything happening in a week with lawyers state side. Not in my experience.

Either way, status and communication is king.

I personally think Jack is going to send out a shitload of games in a short period and this whole thing is going to be put to rest.

As it relates to the pre-pay model? WoZ/TH probably would have never happened without it. Capital for this kind of stuff simply doesn't exist. Sad but true. I for one am ok with it. Moving from a distributor to a manufacturer of arguably one of the most complex pinball machines to ever be built has proven to be a huge challenge for Jack.

I have said it once and I will say it again, supply chain issues can plague any manufacturer. Especially a startup that has not done this before. It is not like he is building a can opener that has 4 or 5 suppliers. He is building a pinball machine! We all know the thousands of parts that need to designed, tested, ordered, delivered, inventoried, re-ordered, etc... This is all new for JJP.

What has haunted Jack was underestimating his suppliers and passing that optimism onto his customers. I work in IT. I take what the programmers tell me it is going to take and multiply it by 3. I do that now because of the experience I have had in that field. I am sure the next time around Jack will not be so optimistic with his estimates.

What Jack does need to improve on is his communication. Even to this hostile group. In my mind it is better to be transparent and communicate what your bottle necks are. Remember folks, he has a bunch of guns working for him. If they were in trouble, those guys would be out of there in a heart beat. To the best of my knowledge only one key guy has left and that kind of turnover should be expected.

Jack.....please get this last batch of LE's out. Otherwise I will be eating these words big time!!!

On another note. This is pinball guys. A hobby. A place where people have a beer and talk about how cool machines are and toys and high scores. All of that perspective has been lost. The spirit of JJP was to make a great machine and I think they and Stern are now going to innovate more than ever.

Let's keep pinball fun!

#853 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

OMG NOW THAT'S FUNNY

Sigh......one cannot be optimistic on these boards without this kind of stuff. There are many people that are waiting for their machines. I am one of them.

The same six people continue to bash JJP while they are finally starting to produce again. I hope like hell I am right and this can be all put to rest. He doesn't have that many more to finish. They will get done now that JJP is over a lot of the production issues.

2 weeks later
#1075 9 years ago

Ignore feature invoked.....sigh.

#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Ignore button used for the first time ever... never thought I would use it.

I started a trend

Seriously. Let's move on. I am confident Jack will knock the games out and get you guys some relief. Character is very hard to fix.

I hope the healing has begun. Pinball is a great hobby with great people. Too much friction lately.

Let's play pinball!

1 week later
#1149 9 years ago

I just want to remind people that anything legal, especially in the U.S. is a cluster. I can't even get a standard lease thru redlining for my business. It has been over a month with redlining back and forth between my attorney and the management's attorney.

Now just imagine you are trying to draft up an international agreement that involves over 20+ entities. In addition, you have to make sure you protect yourself because in reality, the people you are sending the machines to are only getting a fraction of what they paid for. This is not a slam dunk, boiler plate agreement.

The fact that both parties are communicating and work is being done towards the goal is healthy. 5 weeks to me is a rounding error on how long attorneys can take. Can you tell I am frustrated with our legal system here in the U.S. ?

I am very confident this will come to as good as an end as it could have. Still saddens me that a lot of good people did not get what they paid for. To me Karma is a powerful thing. If I was that Bumper guy, I would watch my back. He has a ton of negative Karma points right now.

I am sure Jack will make good. May take a while, but it will work itself out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-want-our-games-jack-guarnieri-2?tu=iamabearsfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.